11 replies to this topic

#1 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

I have a cool little camcorder I never get to use. I was thinking on doing some youtube video guides. Does anyone have suggestions?
nmjUGDL.jpg

#2 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

>_______________________________>

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#3 Tristan

Tristan

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:05 AM

What type of video guides were you going for exactly?

Posted Image

#4 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

Anything that could be nerdy for advertisement to here.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Sup bro

There's really no right or wrong way to make videos really. So long as you enjoy making them, then people will enjoy watching them... Besides there are millions of videos being uploaded everyday... so you have to make sure your videos are compelling, exciting, unique and awesome.... that way they are able to shine above the shit that is released on youtube....

My advice is to try different things.... Try to find your niche... find out what people want to watch...

I started my channel back in 2007 but didn't upload anything until late 2009. It's not until last year I started uploading VIDEO GAME RAPS that traffic started popping up. My video average went from 300 to 2,000-4,000.

My Channel - http://www.youtube.c...u2?feature=mhee

I've been really lazy this year because I've been working on the next set of Gaming Raps for my new album... videos come later ;)

Anyway Have Fun and Good Luck

THE ROB$TAR
THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#6 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Sup bro

There's really no right or wrong way to make videos really. So long as you enjoy making them, then people will enjoy watching them... Besides there are millions of videos being uploaded everyday... so you have to make sure your videos are compelling, exciting, unique and awesome.... that way they are able to shine above the shit that is released on youtube....

My advice is to try different things.... Try to find your niche... find out what people want to watch...

I started my channel back in 2007 but didn't upload anything until late 2009. It's not until last year I started uploading VIDEO GAME RAPS that traffic started popping up. My video average went from 300 to 2,000-4,000.

My Channel - http://www.youtube.c...u2?feature=mhee

I've been really lazy this year because I've been working on the next set of Gaming Raps for my new album... videos come later ;)

Anyway Have Fun and Good Luck

THE ROB$TAR

Look how sneaky this guy is!

#7 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

"shine above the shit that is released on youtube"

Heh

Heh heh

Hehehehehehehehehe

OT: You do a lot of like, custom building of things, right? Maybe some tutorials on those.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#8 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Look how sneaky this guy is!

Hehehe self promotion ;)

Just 2 give him a bit of background so it seems like I know what I'm talkin' about :D
THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

"shine above the shit that is released on youtube"

Heh

Heh heh

Hehehehehehehehehe

OT: You do a lot of like, custom building of things, right? Maybe some tutorials on those.

I've actually been meaning to do more of these. I did one of the light bulb terrarium a while back. I still want to do a potato cannon and a few other things.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

There you go, do some of those :D Plus you could backlink here and get extra traffic. Everybody wins.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#11 Galactus

Galactus

Megabyte

• Members
  • 618 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I've actually been meaning to do more of these. I did one of the light bulb terrarium a while back. I still want to do a potato cannon and a few other things.

Dude! Lightbulb terrariums are awesome! I bought one from Etsy a while back. Spud guns are fuckin rad too. Those would be some cool tutorials that people would probably watch.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

There you go, do some of those :D Plus you could backlink here and get extra traffic. Everybody wins.

I'll see what I can do after Christmas.

Dude! Lightbulb terrariums are awesome! I bought one from Etsy a while back. Spud guns are fuckin rad too. Those would be some cool tutorials that people would probably watch.

http://nerdforum.org/topic/460-how-to-make-a-light-bulb-terrarium/
nmjUGDL.jpg