Photo

I'm a little new to anime, any suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

maybe it's just me, but I need 10 days to finish 30 animes.

I caught up on one piece in 2-3 weeks while going to school.

Anime is love, anime is life?  :lol: Are you in high school? That would explain it. 

I've slowed down on anime. I used to be able to watch a 26 episode series in less than a week when I was in high school. I finished GTO (~40 episodes) in a weekend on one particularly strong binge. Since I started university, I've been siding more with anime films than series because they don't take up as much time. I'm trying to get back into series more since I became president of the university's anime club. I'm nearly done Evangelion and then I'll be starting Attack on Titan to see what the fuss was all about. 

#22 Rejected

Rejected

Megabyte

• Banned
  • 453 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.crackhackforum.com/user-54122.html

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

LOL But your grammar is BROKEN. :P

my grammar is not break

Anime is love, anime is life?  :lol: Are you in high school? That would explain it. 

I finished high school a few weeks ago I guess.

Well I don't really like this "reality" so I wanna escape into a new one, so yeah.

tumblr_my2mijmVhL1rb06tgo1_500.gif

#23 steampunkgrrrl

steampunkgrrrl

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationSouthwest AL

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Why? Tell me why would a newbie to anime want to watch one of the weirdest and dumb animes?
Wait for him to watch at least 30 animes before suggesting this because the probability of him disliking it will be much lower

I love how I didn't even have to say anything. ^-^
card.png

#24 DolphFungren

DolphFungren

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

Personally. Trigun. Sword Art Online, Fate: Zero, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain. Then, if you feel "crazy" Gurren Lagann. 

batman_003_01.jpg

#25 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Bebop changed me.

In a good way.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#26 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Has anyone heard anything about terror in resonance? I just want to know if it's any good and if anyone else watches it. I think it is rather new so yeah. Just wondering I know it's about terrorists.

#27 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

I don't know a whole lot about Terror in Resonance, I follow a few people on Twitter who are watching it and it seems to be mixed reviews from them. Looking on MyAnimeList, though, all reviews are rather positive so maybe it's pretty good, I'm not sure. 

#28 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

I don't know a whole lot about Terror in Resonance, I follow a few people on Twitter who are watching it and it seems to be mixed reviews from them. Looking on MyAnimeList, though, all reviews are rather positive so maybe it's pretty good, I'm not sure. 

Okay sweet! Ummm... I'm kind of lame but whats the best way to watch this? like with good quality? Like are there anygood sites or downloads?

#29 Sir laserface

Sir laserface

Bit

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Berserk, Jo Jo, Trigun, Gurren Lagaan, Gundam, Hellsing, Kenshin, Dragon Ball,

I have kind of been out of the anime game for a few years so I only know a little bit about newer stuff.

I don't know how the internet works

#30 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Okay sweet! Ummm... I'm kind of lame but whats the best way to watch this? like with good quality? Like are there anygood sites or downloads?

If you go directly to the dubber's site, the quality is usually best, but if you steam from a site like anime avenue you won't be disappointed.

That Terror show was actually on my list when the season started, then it came late or something and I never started it. That Alonaha Zero as well. That's probably end of season stuff.

The guys who did Bebop are doing Terror whatever, or so I've read, so it could be pretty epic, or meh.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#31 Hal

Hal

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationEngland / Germany

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

I would recommend Code Geass ... and once again I would feel ripped off, if I had bought the BluRay Boxes in Germany ... I paid 18 Pound for each season in the UK ... in Germany it would have been 75 Euros ...

The only laws of matter are those our mind must fabricate,
And the only laws of mind are fabricated by matter