#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

Persona_3_The_Movie_1_The_Spring_of_Birt

I tried watching it the other week. Managed to finish it just now.

What did I think?

Well I liked the game.... but this was a bit slow. 

Animation looks nice.

I kinda zoned out a few times because of the slow pace and awkward long pauses when the protagonist is looking out into the distance. 

If you didn't play the game I would guess that the story would be confusing as f$#$

This film is an hour and a half but only manages to tell 1/3 of the story. So expect a sequel or two. 

My verdict?

It's ok. But I probably wont watch it again.

SCORE: 3/5

Here's the link - http://kissanime.com...L-Next?id=68436

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

I have refused to look at any Persona 3 stuff until I play and finish the game, same with Persona 4 (which I'm almost done. I'm into November now). 

This looks pretty cool though. 

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

Haha fair enough. I've already beat P4 (twice now) and almost beat P3P. (I think)

I wish they made a P4 movie. I tried watching the anime but it was kinda long and drawn out.

Here's a little video that makes the main protagonist seem pretty creepy. 

Skip to the 5 minute mark. ;)

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Omg haha. I don't know if I can watch this anime, it doesn't seem so apparent in the game because you are the MC, but he seems so unlike what I've made him to be in the game. I always choose the funniest answer I can (such as the crossdressing competition, I made him choose all the daring 'might as well go all the way' answers). He seems so creepy in this version, though maybe they were going for the strong silent type. I guess he is pretty quiet though, especially when you consider he usually only talks when you're given an option.

Naoto's so precious. I've gone from Chie to Yukiko to Yumi and Ai to Rise and now to Naoto (though sadly I won't get her because I didn't max courage in time, definitely in the next playthrough). I've got the PS2 version so I can date as many as I want without a big consequence (something about Valentine's Day though? We'll see.). I'm an awful boyfriend.

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yeah they made him out to be this creepy womanizer...... I guess if you played him that way in the game it's actually kinda accurate.

But my MC was like yours. A bit of a clown. ;) 

I bought the PS Vita version because my PS2 copy was super scratched. But there are way more things to do in this version. Like a skiing trip and a day at the beach where Kanji wears a speedo and loses them in the surf. ;) And the graphics look super sweet. FULL HD BABY YEAH!!!!!!

I've always been a sucker for Yukiko. And I'm a super loyal boyfriend (much like in real life ;) ) But in my version if you double date then you risk the chance of running into your 'other' girl and reversing your S.Link. But my next playthrough I might go for the new chick, Marie. I just dislike her hat. 

I was a Naoto hater at first but I completed her S.Link and she really grew on me. I really dig her personality and the way she talks. She reminds me of my friend Parker. 

Buying the PS Vita was a bit rip, but having this game made it all worth it. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: persona 3, spring of birth, 2014