177 replies to this topic

#61 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

We need a Forum Quotes File for when you say shit like that.

Sheer brilliance.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#62 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

We need a Forum Quotes File for when you say shit like that.

Sheer brilliance.

I do what I can.

;)

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#63 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

Just today as I was walking past people I would mutter "2 minute noodles" under my breath, slightly iinaudibly, as I thought of funny jokes and laughed to myself. Gems such as "Lucy took up ballet lessons did she? Yeah, she wanted something to keep her on her toes." Ahh.
Excuse me while I take a long hard look at myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

elmo-o.gif

#64 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

I quote whatever whenever possible

If I see a funeral going on, I usually stop and watch for a while (Still working on my screenplay btw)

I try not to blink while on buses with strangers. This leads to people acting oddly, but not saying anything (at least the polite ones) 

10% of my brain is perpetually dedicated to zombie survival strategies

I always fuck with telemarketers (particularly the obvious scams)

Sometimes, I will watch the episodes of a familiar tv series backwards, and pretend that I'm watching memento

I brainstorm ways to make people sitting near me freak out, but never go through with them (REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM)

Also, after watching Paul Thomas Anderson's Punch Drunk Love, I always check to see if the value of air miles on an item is greater than the value of the item. This has yet to work.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#65 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:18 AM

I quote whatever whenever possible

If I see a funeral going on, I usually stop and watch for a while (Still working on my screenplay btw)

I try not to blink while on buses with strangers. This leads to people acting oddly, but not saying anything (at least the polite ones) 

10% of my brain is perpetually dedicated to zombie survival strategies

Sometimes, I will watch the episodes of a familiar tv series backwards, and pretend that I'm watching memento

I brainstorm ways to make people sitting near me freak out, but never go through with them (REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM)

Also, after watching Paul Thomas Anderson's Punch Drunk Love, I always check to see if the value of air miles on an item is greater than the value of the item. This has yet to work.

You sir, are one of the coolest people I have yet to meet. I too quote what I can, when I can (which is usually scrubs) and I love thinking up social experiments to do on people, although most of them I too end up not going through with. But if you're in a line at the store or something, and don't move when the person in front of you does to fill that little gap, you can feel the collective pressure of everyone in the world pushing you to move forward. What a rush.

Today, I just remembered, I had to check my shopping list but my hands were full. I had to find somewhere to put my stuff down momentarily and check my list. But I noticed that this will usually involve a wall, a bench, or some kind of landmark in general. So instead, I stopped in the middle of the store. Then triumphantly laughed and muttered "take THAT society"  (family guy) under my breath as people had to move around me.

elmo-o.gif

#66 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:28 AM

Omg I love doing this.

We get a lot of scam calls here, more than people in other provinces (no idea why, they must think we'll fall for that shit). There's one that goes around saying there's a problem with your Windows computer and they try trick you into activating remote desktop and giving them access to your computer. I always pretend to be inept with technology right up until the last minute, using some lines I got while I was working with tech support at the university ("where's the start button?" "what's a task bar?"), then find some way to zing them like, "I got linux, bitch!" before hanging up. 

Another weird thing, I hate elevators and refuse to get on them unless I absolutely cannot go up the stairs. I know there are safety features in place, but I'm always afraid the cable will snap and I'll plummet to my death. At least all those stairs tone the glutes.

#67 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

Oh man, I feel your pain on those questions Sushi. 

I have a roll of solder on my desk, and for the last few days I've been wrapping it around various things and seeing what sort of shapes I can make, and what the softest thing  I can cut it with is.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#68 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

I enjoy hanging out at hospitals. And at skate parks not talking to anyone and just watching boys be boys.

#69 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Do you have torn jeans? But really the tears are there on purpose because you're too bad to fix them?

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#70 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

I can't afford to have bad clothes. I need to be able to wear them to work in general.

#71 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

I noticed I stick with a certain medium when I start any kind of series. 

For example movie/television series, if I start watching them first, I wait to read the books.

If I read them first, I wait to watch the show.

Even dub/sub items. 
I get attached instantly to the characters voices and find it rather difficult to change so I stick with what I started with when possible.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#72 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

I eat mackerel in tomato sauce (CANNED). With nothing else. Only that. All of it. Healthy dinner >_> Even my fellow norwegians find me odd doing that >_> (used on a slice of bread for breakfast)

#73 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

My hands are always doing something. Unless I'm asleep I am convinced that they just don't stop moving. Tapping on my desk, picking at something, twirling a pen, generally feeling at a weird texture, you name it they fidget it. I'm convinced they do it when I'm asleep too >.> I've woken up with stuff from my table knocked all over the place or even with small objects in my hand. That also translates to tapping my fingers/feet to music or fiddling with things when nervous. Perhaps that can just be atributed to RLS though. I'm also very clumbsy but I drive better than I walk >.>

5A5DjRW.gif

#74 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

I can't fall asleep when it's quiet.

After spending years living next to a busy highway I have grown accustomed to the noise of traffic and trucks.

Living back home it's super quiet.

I fall asleep watching anime and long videos on Youtube. I need to hear music or people speaking to relax..... weird habit I've recently developed.  

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#75 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

My food has to be separated, I can't stand soggy food. I have to have a light on to go to bed at night, until I'm fully in my bed.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#76 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

My food has to be separated, I can't stand soggy food. I have to have a light on to go to bed at night, until I'm fully in my bed.

Soggy food is gross, yeah.

I have a similar one to the separation thing. I find I eat groups of food from least favourite to most favourite, like fries first, then burger, just so the taste of the most favourite thing stays in my mouth longer. I don't know why I do it, probably doesn't help weight loss efforts, I'm sure I'd eat less if I switched the order around.

#77 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

I eat muffins upside down, save the best for last. I do it with sandwiches (crust first). I pull off extra bread from burgers and hot dogs.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#78 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

I have a similar one to the separation thing. I find I eat groups of food from least favourite to most favourite, like fries first, then burger, just so the taste of the most favourite thing stays in my mouth longer. I don't know why I do it, probably doesn't help weight loss efforts, I'm sure I'd eat less if I switched the order around.

I totally do the same thing haha

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#79 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

I totally do the same thing haha

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

#80 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

I eat bananas upside down. It's the right way.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.