11 replies to this topic

#1 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

So this weekend I was feeling ill (I believe it to be change of season illness) and I decided to snuggle up on the couch and binge watch The IT Crowd..... again..... and can we just discuss how amazing that show is??

I think the characters are so great and the writing for the show is truly amazing. The only thing that makes me sad is how short the series was but I think that makes me cherish it even more.

I love a show that can still make me laugh to the point of being short of breath even though I have seen every episode like 20 times.

I'm a huge fan of Richard Ayoade and I think his portrayal of Maurice Moss is the greatest.  He has my heart.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I am not entirely convinced that his portrayal of Moss is even acting.

From what I have seen, he is just like that.

Minus some of the more intense character quirks of course.

I too am a very big fan of the show.

The nerdy business makes it great, but the stand alone comedy is gold too.

People, what a bunch of bastards.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:47 AM

I've been really tempted to buy the box set, I loved that show. I watched it all in about 3 weeks in my 2nd year of uni. Every year when I go to my parents' place over Christmas I do a scrubs marathon. I think I'm going to have to add IT crowd to the list.

elmo-o.gif

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

I've been really tempted to buy the box set, I loved that show. I watched it all in about 3 weeks in my 2nd year of uni. Every year when I go to my parents' place over Christmas I do a scrubs marathon. I think I'm going to have to add IT crowd to the list.

Good call.

I watch scrubs nearly once per annum.

It is one of the best shows every to have graced the world, in my humblest of opinions.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

Cox is my man.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Cox is my man.

Cox is easily in the top three characters in the show.

Interchangeably I love the hell out of Janitor, Cox, and J.D.

#7 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Apparently most of janitor's stuff is ad lib, to which I have much respect for. I'm a sucker for Turk and jd's bromance :P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

elmo-o.gif

#8 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

Apparently most of janitor's stuff is ad lib, to which I have much respect for. I'm a sucker for Turk and jd's bromance :P

That's badass, and Turk and JD make me so happy. I am JD, and Turk is just an awesome man.

#9 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

The Janitor was supposed to be a one season gag character, since the creator thought it would only last that long.

He was originally intended to be a figment of J.D.'s imagination, like a human embodiment of his fears and self doubt, which is why he doesn't interact with anyone other than J.D. for the whole first season. Though there is one instance where Elliot throws a cup on the floor right beside him and his garbage trolley and makes definite spiteful eye contact.

After a few seasons, whenever Janitor was in a scene his lines on the script simply said "Whatever Neil says".

#10 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:29 AM

That's awesome, yeah I'm pretty sure also with him being a figment of JD's imagination was because they weren't sure the show would make it past season one... or six... or eight.. so I think the last episodes of all three of those seasons were written as 'final series episodes'. Season 8 is definitely where it ended for me. But I didn't know that about the script, that's really cool haha.

elmo-o.gif

#11 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

Ooh, Mr sympa, I hope this isn't too foreword, but perhaps sethre is the Turk to your JD? I've just seen how good of friends you guys are. I used to have a Turk haha, those were great times.
And Cass, sorry for turning this into a scrubs thread haha. I feel like I should mention that anytime I talk about sports with anyone, I always quote "the thing with (sports team applicable to situation) is, they always try to walk it in.." Given that the only people I've tried it on of late know the show, it hasn't had much success (of people legitimately agreeing with me while trying to figure out what I just said), but I live in hope...

elmo-o.gif

#12 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:46 PM

OH MY GOD.

MIND = BLOWN