#1 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Hi,

My name's Jason and I'm looking to meet some more nerdy people. This certainly looks like the place to do that. My current project is to revise my Young Adult Romantic Comedy about nerds. :D How fitting, right?

Thanks for stopping by the introduction thread. It's nice to meet you... in advance.

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Many of us are young, adults, romantics, comedians and above all else, nerds.

You probably couldn't find a more fitting place.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:46 PM

That's EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. Browsing through the forum, I realize that this is definitely where I need to be. I can't wait to get the chance to know everyone on here... not that I'd ever be able to know EVERYONE on here... but fallacies are fun and artistic, so I use them anyway.
I'm writing a nerdy romantic comedy because I have yet to find a book with characters that really speak to what I went through in high school, and know that nerds need a sincere voice in all forms of media. I look around in this forum and am like, "Yep. That person has a Fairy Tail avatar. That's in my book..." That sort of thing. So I really am excited to have found this forum.
Who knew that all I had to do was google "Nerd Forums" to find this. YAY!!!!

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

It is actually a bit odd how many of our more regular people found this place by simply Googling exactly the same thing you did, myself included.

I will be very surprised if you don't find at least three or four good characters kicking around here making passes at each other, or ranting about how much they hate/love various cartoons and books.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:15 PM

Welcome, friend! :D

Lp5M62Z.gif

#6 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Welcome!! ^_^

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#7 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Welcome!! Your topic sounds interesting

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#8 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:49 AM

That's EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. Browsing through the forum, I realize that this is definitely where I need to be. I can't wait to get the chance to know everyone on here... not that I'd ever be able to know EVERYONE on here... but fallacies are fun and artistic, so I use them anyway.
I'm writing a nerdy romantic comedy because I have yet to find a book with characters that really speak to what I went through in high school, and know that nerds need a sincere voice in all forms of media. I look around in this forum and am like, "Yep. That person has a Fairy Tail avatar. That's in my book..." That sort of thing. So I really am excited to have found this forum.
Who knew that all I had to do was google "Nerd Forums" to find this. YAY!!!!

Sethre pulled someone in!

Welcome! :) You;ll find lots of interesting people around here. I found this site through Google as well, and I've enjoyed it enough to stay and end up with over 1000 posts

#9 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thank you, Delectable Treat Kitten! :D I'm thrilled to be here. So many conversations to enjoy... but not enough time. So I'm all over the place on the forum, just saying stuff.

#10 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm still overwhelmed at the sheer immensity of the topics to join in on. This is so awesome (Bronies can get a kick out of my unintentional quoting of Rainbow Dash) and I just want to say I don't know how I will ever keep up with all that's happening on this forum.

#11 HelloNerdySam

HelloNerdySam

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFlorida USA

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

Welcome to the Forum! :)

giphy.gif

#12 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hey there, welcome aboard.  

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#13 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'm still overwhelmed at the sheer immensity of the topics to join in on. This is so awesome (Bronies can get a kick out of my unintentional quoting of Rainbow Dash) and I just want to say I don't know how I will ever keep up with all that's happening on this forum.

There is usually a good handful of decent topics going on at any one time, and over time you will find yourself very close to the main vein of this place.

#14 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Yep. You are very welcome and very in-place.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#15 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Yep. You are very welcome and very in-place.

Yeah, I had been really wanting to find a place that really is for nerdy types, and that seems to be all that is here, and I love it. It's a very wonderful place and how I get all my social interaction now... I'm not sure if that's sad or exciting.

#16 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

Welcome to the forum!! *opens you with welcoming gamer arms* :D 

Zoooooooooooom~!

#17 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

It's a very wonderful place and how I get all my social interaction now... I'm not sure if that's sad or exciting.

*Shrug*

'S me as well.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#18 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hi and welcome! What's the square root of 36481? 191. Proof that you're in the right place :) (also if you can tell mW what movie that's from, I'll give you extra points). But jokes and movie references aside, welcome again :) I too came from Google haha, and yes this place is pretty well spot on. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

elmo-o.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction