5 replies to this topic

#1 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

As a massive fan of the TV series Death Note, I wished to purchase the manga edition, for multiple reasons. One of them being that a friend told me the manga was way better. However, that's $70 on amazon, and I'm not sure if it's fiscally viable. What do you recommend?

fl9Uov4.gif

#2 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

I vote yes. If you are a fan of the series then you would love the manga. I started with watching it on TV and then I decided to read the manga and I really enjoyed it.  The art is amazing and it is a great read. I'm always a fan of reading the manga though because I feel like you learn more about the characters.

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#3 Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey

Byte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

If its the box set, then totally yes.

I loved the show and decided to splurge on the manga. I'm on volume 7 now and I still love it. Go for it! It's really pretty.

#4 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

Okay. Now who wants to send me a check for $70?

I'll probably order it soon.

fl9Uov4.gif

#5 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

On a random note: I was strolling through Barnes and Noble and I found the book L: Change the World by M.  I haven't been able to put it down since I got home. It is so amazing, the story is well written and I'm so giddy to be able to explore another story surrounding L. I'm almost done and I highly recommend it. ^_^

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#6 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

On a random note: I was strolling through Barnes and Noble and I found the book L: Change the World by M.  I haven't been able to put it down since I got home. It is so amazing, the story is well written and I'm so giddy to be able to explore another story surrounding L. I'm almost done and I highly recommend it. ^_^

I have that book on my shelf. Never opened it. I bought it because it was cheap >.> and the faux leather effect looks neat.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”