5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#22 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

Making lists like this are incredibly hard for me. I don't really rate games on any sort of numeric scale, more like The Completist scale of whether I would:

1. Not even finish the game out of boredom or frustrastion

2. Beat the game to get an ending

3. 100% complete the game

4. 100% complete the game 100 times

I generally say my favorite game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and it definitely falls into category 4, I wouldn't doubt if I have beat that game at least 25 times.

After OoT it kind of gets wishy washy. I usually say that Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is my second favorite, but that connection is definitely no where near as strong as OoT to first place.

Other games in category 4 for me (in no particular order):

-Animal Crossing: New Leaf

-Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

-Left 4 Dead 2

-Mega Man 2

-Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

-Pac-man 2: The New Adventure

-Paper Mario

-Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

-Portal

-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

-Saints Row the Third

-Starfox 64

-Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

-Super Smash Bros.

-Super Smash Bros. Melee

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I've probably missed a few, but these are the games I come back to over and over again.

EDIT:

I'll list any that I forgot in the above list but suddenly remembered here:

-Minecraft

#23 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

"In no particular order--" LIAR. They're practically alphabetized.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#24 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

"In no particular order--" LIAR. They're practically alphabetized.

What an interesting coincidence. <.<

#25 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

What interesting lies.  :-P

#26 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Oh jeez!!!! 3 games? That's it!!!????
Okay. Let me figure this out... perhaps based on how often I play them and how much fun they are to play while I repeatedly play them. Hmmm...

NES: Legend of Zelda (Just played and beat it again in 2 hours. Fun stuff.)
PS2: Dragon Quest VIII

NES: Mega Man 3

DISCLAIMER: There was about a 150 game tie for the top 3 spots, so these are the three I'm mentioning. SOOOO Close to putting Final Fantasy 1 on there because I just went back through and beat it with four fighters. I like to challenge myself. I tried with 4 white mages, but the bosses revisited battles were taking over 8 hours and I didn't have that kind of time to screw around in the Temple of Fiends. I can only imagine the 40 hours it would've taken to beat Chaos had I got to him. :D

Also, a note about Mega Man games. I typically select robot masters in random order to increase the difficulty and strategies for added fun and replay value. ^_^

#27 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

My all time absolute favorite game would have to be Spyro: Year Of The Dragon, the very first game I ever got, back when I was a kid. I played it so much, I mastered all the levels, and was able to beat in a day, which was pretty fast for a non-gamer like me. I enjoy a few games, but I'm not the type to sit down and play non-stop, but if it's Spyro, bring it. Preferably the games that came our for PS1. I'm a huge fan of the low poly designs and it makes me nostalgic. 

tumblr_m5tz3jw95B1r9etlyo1_500.gif

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#28 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:46 PM

My all time absolute favorite game would have to be Spyro: Year Of The Dragon, the very first game I ever got, back when I was a kid. I played it so much, I mastered all the levels, and was able to beat in a day, which was pretty fast for a non-gamer like me. I enjoy a few games, but I'm not the type to sit down and play non-stop, but if it's Spyro, bring it. Preferably the games that came our for PS1. I'm a huge fan of the low poly designs and it makes me nostalgic. 

tumblr_m5tz3jw95B1r9etlyo1_500.gif

Wow! I feel old. The first game I remember going to a store and buying was either Berzerk or Kaboom for the Atari 2600. :) And Spyro's awesome. Were you into games like Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Gex, Croc, and that sort of stuff too?

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yeah thanks for that one Krys.

Nice little shot to the part of my brain that stores memories that I don't think of on a daily basis.

I played a lot of Spyto when PS1 was the condole of choice, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Wow! I feel old. The first game I remember going to a store and buying was either Berzerk or Kaboom for the Atari 2600. :) And Spyro's awesome. Were you into games like Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Gex, Croc, and that sort of stuff too?

The first console I ever owned was an Atari 2600, so don't feel too old.

I had Berzerk, it was pretty decent.

I also liked Asterix, Asteroids (obviously), Canyon Bomber, Breakout, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Mario Bros, Joust, The Swordquest Trilogy, and I had a Dungeons and Dragons game, but I don't remember if it was for the 2600 or a later model.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#30 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Crash, I used to play a lot on PS1 one as well. As for Croc, I used to play it all the time on my mom's PC. I plan to buy a lot of old games for when I move out. Reliving nostalgia alone, on my own apartment is life.

Nice little shot to the part of my brain that stores memories that I don't think of on a daily basis.

I played a lot of Spyto when PS1 was the condole of choice, and enjoyed every minute of it.

Bro.

Zi9JkgO.gif

#31 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

The first console I ever owned was an Atari 2600, so don't feel too old.

I had Berzerk, it was pretty decent.

I also liked Asterix, Asteroids (obviously), Canyon Bomber, Breakout, Galaxian, Dig Dug, Mario Bros, Joust, The Swordquest Trilogy, and I had a Dungeons and Dragons game, but I don't remember if it was for the 2600 or a later model.

Yeah, I lived with my grandparents, so the Atari was already stocked with quite a few games when I moved in with them (age 6). As for NES games, I was the weirdo who had Bubble Bobble before Super Mario Bros. :D That was my first NES game. I still play the old games A LOT! I don't have the Atari anymore, but I do have Dig Dug and many versions of Breakout.
Thanks for making me not feel too old. I see most people on here are still in their 20s, and talk about first consoles that were big when I was in junior high. :)

#32 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Crash, I used to play a lot on PS1 one as well. As for Croc, I used to play it all the time on my mom's PC. I plan to buy a lot of old games for when I move out. Reliving nostalgia alone, on my own apartment is life.

Bro.

You're so lucky. I missed out on the PS1 era. I got a PS1 after the PS2 came out. I had all the Nintendo systems though (... including Virtual Boy... -_-) Everyone was playing PS1, so when I talk about games like Croc and Crash Bandicoot, it's from the window shopper point of view. It's the "Oh! I wish I had those when I was younger because they looked so cool in all the previews and game magazines!!!!" I feel you are quite fortunate.

#33 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

You're so lucky. I missed out on the PS1 era. I got a PS1 after the PS2 came out. I had all the Nintendo systems though (... including Virtual Boy... -_-) Everyone was playing PS1, so when I talk about games like Croc and Crash Bandicoot, it's from the window shopper point of view. It's the "Oh! I wish I had those when I was younger because they looked so cool in all the previews and game magazines!!!!" I feel you are quite fortunate.

You could easily buy those games online for cheap prices, or download them as emulators. I for one prefer to play on the console, because of the controller. But there's some app that can allow you to use it on the PC as well.

Zi9JkgO.gif

#34 jmrobbinswrites

jmrobbinswrites

Byte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, I prefer to play on consoles, as my computer is pretty much garbage. Money is an issue too, so even a cheap purchase isn't plausible most of the time. :( One day though!!! :D

#35 OsgiliathBurns

OsgiliathBurns

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGeorgia and sometimes Finland

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

I have to do the top 10 too because there are way too many games I love! @__@

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Final Fantasy VI

3. Super Metroid

4. Secret of Mana 

5. Haunting Ground

6. Fatal Frame

7. Silent Hill 2

8. Megaman 2

9. Yoshi's Island

10. Resident Evil 4

:D

#36 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Okay, I've fucking made up my mind this time.

1. Secret of Mana

2. Chrono Trigger

3. Mario Kart Double Dash!!

#37 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

1. Phantasy Star Online

2. Harvest Moon: Back to Nature

3. Mount & Blade: Warband

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#38 Wardster_

Wardster_

Byte

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:22 AM

Metal Gear Solid

Ocarina Of Time

GTA: San Andreas

#39 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

3. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

2. Ouendan 2 (DS, Japanese import)

1. Rayman 2 (N64)

Special mentions: Touch Detective, Phoenix Wright series (excluding Apollo Justice), Ghost Trick, and Brutal Legend (I don't care that it had tons of flaws. I had fun). 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#40 Big_T

Big_T

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

Super Smash Bros (N64, although Melee on cube was as awesome)

Assassins Creed (can I just sum them all up into one? But IV and Rogue are my most recent AC faves)

Age of Empires 1. (yep, the original is just tops)

17+ years of gaming.

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted (Sega Mega Drive) Castle would've been the first game I ever played. But can't say it's anywhere near the best, from what I remember.