- Tell your friends. Some of you probably keep your real life and internet lives separate, and that's perfectly fine. Tell your internet friends if that's the case. Don't push it on them like you're a Jehovah's witness, but let them know it's here.
- Links from other forums. If you visit other forums, and it's within the rules, put a link here in your signature. On most forums and blogs, there is also a profile field for your website. If you don't have one of your own, please put nerd forum there. Search engines eat up these links and it helps us grow.
- Share buttons. At the bottom of every thread you will see these nifty share buttons:
Using these buttons you can share via twitter, facebook, google, digg, delicious, reddit, stumbleupon, email, or even print it out and hand copies to the local population. If you use any of these services, and you like the thread, please share. These help get our name out there.
- Tag. When you make a new thread, you'll see an option to add tags. Please do, as this puts the words into the meta description for search engines.
- Be nice to new members. This is most important. No one wants to be part of a community where they don't feel welcome, so be sure to say hello to the new guys and gals and give them a warm welcome.
How to help us grow, a guide.
Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:10 PM
Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:07 AM
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.
Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:29 PM
Is putting singulars as well as plurals of words in the tags preferrable or necessary to be effective? Or is putting the singular of a word enough? I've been putting both, mostly because I run of tag ideas after 5 or 6, but I want to use the maximum of 10. Dun wanna be slacking off on our quest to become rich and famous. Err...I dunno about rich, but at least well known and popular ^^ I demand a staff position if this occurs in the future
Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:05 AM
We'll see what happens.
Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:07 AM
Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:49 AM
I did not mean right now, but I wanted to try to reserve a spot while all slots were open
Err...I dunno about rich, but at least well known and popular ^^ I demand a staff position if this occurs in the future
Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:52 AM
When it's time for mods, they will all be from the community, so everyone has a chance, as long as they're a good member.
Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:29 PM
I don't prefer forums being HUGE. I enjoy smaller communities where people at least everyone knows who you are, remembers you. Hell, a community can be successful with 20 regulars (my personally ideal amount) if they post enough.
With that said, I wish this forum luck. I've seen quite a few just fail entirely.
Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:31 PM
Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:33 PM