6 replies to this topic

#1 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:56 AM

Seriously. The original developers of Shaq Fu have an IndieGoGo campaign going right now because they want to make a good video game with Shaq (who is totally involved.) This time, it's gonna be a lot more like Devil May Cry than Street Fighter. I totally backed it at the $35 level. Because I don't even care if the game is terrible. I want to say I had a hand in making it. I can tell my grandchildren about it.

The campaign is here:

https://www.indiegog...end-reborn#home

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#2 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

I'm beginning to think Shaq is a hipster.

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

I am unsure of how I feel about this.

That teaser trailer did nothing to impress me either.

We shall see where it goes I suppose.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

I am unsure of how I feel about this.

That teaser trailer did nothing to impress me either.

We shall see where it goes I suppose.

It can't be worse than the original. And it sounds interesting. Different weapons and characters and stuff.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#5 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

I'm hoping it turns out bad. Like fun terri-bad. Because honestly that is probably the best it can hope for. Otherwise it is likely to just be average and forgettable.

#6 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

I'm hoping it turns out bad. Like fun terri-bad. Because honestly that is probably the best it can hope for. Otherwise it is likely to just be average and forgettable.

Crowdfunded games tend to have that problem. Outside of a few notable examples, most fall into the forgettable camp. But I'm sure the people who made it were proud of the creation.

#7 Dolan_Larissican

Dolan_Larissican

Byte

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSan Juan Mountains

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

Cleaning out my moms house where I also grew up and I found a box of cassettes, all the Shaq albums were in there. Need to find a cassette player so I can crank Shaq Diesel
I ain't your bro-brah, brah-bro!