• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

I'm also a big fan of soundtracks. I listen to a lot of Akira Yamaoka, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda (Haven't heard much by him, but I liked what I heard).

#22 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Thanks HelloNerdySam and Mister Sympa :]

Hey! Your list of movies/games is extensive - which is very much a good thing :) I'm going to have to make sure to google/youtube some of those composers (all I know is Koji Kondo, who is a genius, but I think it's time to branch out!)

but yes. welcome back! 

ps. I had a similar issue with books, so I tried audio books. If you find a good reader, it's definitely worth it. I'm currently enjoying Jon Cleese read the Screwtape Letters by  C.S. Lewis.

Thanks! There's really so many movies and games I like that making lists of any kind is incredibly hard, and I always end up forgetting a billion important ones. With movies for example, it's like, all I know is pretty much that LOTR is the ultimate holy trilogy, and after that it's just loads and loads of really really good ones that I love, in no particular order. :]

If you want loads of awesome game soundtracks to listen to, then Spotify's the place to go! I really don't even have any specific video game music composers that I like (sure I can list some but really I just listen to everything from random composers so it doesn't really make sense), and that's where I get my daily dose of soundtrack epicness. :] If you want a good game soundtrack playlist to listen to, try this: http://open.spotify....8kpVUa4knq80E5U

And yeah, I've considered trying audio books too, but I feel like it'd be even harder for me to focus than on a real book. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime, thanks for the recommendation :] John Cleese is awesome, and so is C. S. Lewis, so might try that out!

I'm also a big fan of soundtracks. I listen to a lot of Akira Yamaoka, Koji Kondo, Nobuo Uematsu and Yasunori Mitsuda (Haven't heard much by him, but I liked what I heard).

Cool! Koji Kondo is a genius, I absolutely love his work, and I already mentioned that I love Nobuo Uematsu's music too. I know Akira and Yasunori, but I've not really listened to their music that much, will google them when I have the time :]

tumblr_inline_ndehrerdHd1rhjzza.gif

#23 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

Mitsuda's "Sailing to the World" has a few really nice tracks, and his album "Creid" is GORGEOUS. Like, I can't stress that enough. He took scores from Xenogears that he had composed and tossed in an eclectic Celtic etc. band and it's just fucking amazing. Doesn't matter a damn if you've ever even heard of the game; it's simply beautiful.

It's just fucking phenomenal.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#24 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you to both of you. My list of soundtrack music is growing even bigger.

Lately, I've had this on while studying for finals. It's 6 hours of anime soundtrack music, great to just throw on in the background while I'm doing stuff. 

http://8tracks.com/j...e-miss-bookworm

EDIT: Though I wish Spotify was in Canada..