23 replies to this topic

#1 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

So hi, I'm Faze. :]

I don't have much to say (I'm really bad at introducing myself), I'm a freakishly passionate nerd and I absolutely love nerd stuff of all kinds. I play a lot of games, they're my absolute passion number one, Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game I have ever played. I also love Mass Effect, L4D2, Portal, Fable, Dishonored, Dead Island etc. The list is way too long to include in a single forum post. :]

I'm a movie nerd as well, and I do watch tv shows too occasionally, mostly The Walking Dead plus the basic ones such as Futurama and South Park.

Music is awesome as well, and I have a really odd taste as I love game and movie soundtracks more than anything.

Anime and manga are cool too, I'm really not an otaku or anything but I do enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and Kuroshitsuji for example, Attack on Titan is overrated but okay.

I've been on this forum before but with a different profile (and my previous nickname shall remain a secret), and I'd love to get to know you guys. :]

It's good to be back.

tumblr_inline_ndehrerdHd1rhjzza.gif

#2 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

Welcome to the forum of tomorrow!

#3 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

Thanks! :]

#4 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

Welcome back!! We're happy to get to know you :D

Oh man no one has mentioned Red Dead Redemtion in a while! God it was good, but for me mostly because I could ride the horsies *cough* The story was great too!

Please enjoy your stay!

#5 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Hey! Welcome!

I really enjoy soundtrack music as well, mostly game and anime though, haha. Fullmetal Alchemist had some great music. My favourite anime composer is probably Yuki Kajiura though, the music she makes is pretty unique and I like it. Yoko Kanno is pretty great too. And I have quite a few tracks from the Final Fantasy games and Kingdom Hearts as well. If I'm a fan of something, a song from it or somehow relating to it is in my music collection, haha.

Game music is actually perfect for studying because it's literal purpose is to be there to be listened to without distracting your focus. Probably why I end up enjoying it so much.  

#6 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Welcome back!! We're happy to get to know you :D

Oh man no one has mentioned Red Dead Redemtion in a while! God it was good, but for me mostly because I could ride the horsies *cough* The story was great too!

Please enjoy your stay!

Thanks! :3 Awesome to know I'm not the only one who loves it!

I've always been really interested in the Old West so I really liked the setting, John Marston became one of my favourite game characters and the soundtrack and graphics are gorgeous. The story was indeed great :]

Hey! Welcome!

I really enjoy soundtrack music as well, mostly game and anime though, haha. Fullmetal Alchemist had some great music. My favourite anime composer is probably Yuki Kajiura though, the music she makes is pretty unique and I like it. Yoko Kanno is pretty great too. And I have quite a few tracks from the Final Fantasy games and Kingdom Hearts as well. If I'm a fan of something, a song from it or somehow relating to it is in my music collection, haha.

Game music is actually perfect for studying because it's literal purpose is to be there to be listened to without distracting your focus. Probably why I end up enjoying it so much.  

Thank you! Yeah, I love FMA's music too although I've not watched the original series as much as Brotherhood.

I'm not really familiar with Yuki's work except from Sword Art Online and Xenosaga, but Yoko makes awesome music (a Cowboy Bebop fan here o/). FF music is awesome, although I'm not really a fan of the series (just not my type, don't know why) I absolutely love the music and Nobuo Uematsu is pretty much a god imo when it comes to video game music. :] I'm a really big fan of Kingdom Hearts though, Dearly Beloved (the main theme) is really one of my favourite game soundtracks and Yoko Shimomura is really talented. Too bad there's so few well known female composers out there.

#7 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

Welcome back, whoever you may have been in a previous forum life.

"When a man with a sing song voice tells me to fuck off, it always concerns me, boy-o."

As soon as that line was dropped I knew I had found a game I would play again and again over the ages.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#8 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

"You couldn't shoot a fart out of your own ass!"

Yes, RDR sure has its fair share of charming quotes. :D Thanks!

#9 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hey welcome back. :)

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#10 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

I have suspicions on who you are. But welcome to the forum, again.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#11 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

I have suspicions on who you are. But welcome to the forum, again.

Who? Hacker4life? I have similar suspicions

Regardless, if you are who you say you are, what films do you mostly enjoy?
I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#12 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

Thanks fae and Sethre! :]

I won't be revealing my previous identity, but by all means keep guessing if it keeps you entertained :D

Iando: I enjoy pretty much all kinds of films but sci-fi, fantasy and adventure/action are probably the closest to my heart. I enjoy the sci-fi classics such as Ghostbusters, Aliens, Terminator, Back to the Future, Star Wars (the original trilogy, I pretend to live in a wonderful world where the new trilogy never happened), Blade Runner etc... I also love Marvel's superhero movies, such as the Iron Man trilogy, The Avengers and most of the X-Men movies. Some comedies are okay (Monty Python's a classic, and the Cornetto trilogy is absolutely amazing) and I'm really picky when it comes to drama films, but really the only genres I can't stand are horror films and stupid romantic comedies that 99% of movies nowadays consist of. wbu? :]

#13 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:35 AM

So hi, I'm Faze. :]

I don't have much to say (I'm really bad at introducing myself), I'm a freakishly passionate nerd and I absolutely love nerd stuff of all kinds. I play a lot of games, they're my absolute passion number one, Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game I have ever played. I also love Mass Effect, L4D2, Portal, Fable, Dishonored, Dead Island etc. The list is way too long to include in a single forum post. :]

I'm a movie nerd as well, and I do watch tv shows too occasionally, mostly The Walking Dead plus the basic ones such as Futurama and South Park.

Music is awesome as well, and I have a really odd taste as I love game and movie soundtracks more than anything.

Anime and manga are cool too, I'm really not an otaku or anything but I do enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and Kuroshitsuji for example, Attack on Titan is overrated but okay.

I've been on this forum before but with a different profile (and my previous nickname shall remain a secret), and I'd love to get to know you guys. :]

It's good to be back.

So uh... yeah... hi....

giphy.gif

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#14 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

So uh... yeah... hi....

giphy.gif

Hi there. :3

apq1pdM_460sa.gif

#15 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Welcome! I'm a huge movie nerd too. I would much rather watch a movie then a TV Show (though there are some that I must watch every week lol) ^_^

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#16 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Who? Hacker4life? I have similar suspicions

Regardless, if you are who you say you are, what films do you mostly enjoy?

I don't think it's H4L, they don't write the same way. :P This guy is a lot more thoughtful with his posts. 

#17 Faze

Faze

Byte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

^ I shall take this as a massive compliment :] Thank you!

Welcome! I'm a huge movie nerd too. I would much rather watch a movie then a TV Show (though there are some that I must watch every week lol) ^_^

Thanks! :] Same here, to me tv shows are in the same category with books: I'd love to watch more tv shows and read more books because I feel like I'm really missing out (as an example, Supernatural is a really popular show and my friend has been trying to make me watch it multiple times but I get bored after the first three episodes, I don't know why. Same goes for books, my friend's always going "oh read this! And this! They're awesome, you'll love them!" and then I try and get bored after the first chapter), but somehow I'm just too lazy I guess.

There are only a few tv shows I really enjoy but with movies it's the other way around, there's only a few movies I don't enjoy. :D What kind of movies do you watch?

#18 HelloNerdySam

HelloNerdySam

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFlorida USA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hello! Welcome back to the Forum! :)

giphy.gif

#19 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

Hell yes to the game soundtracks!

...That was pretty much all I wanted to say.

And I suppose welcome back.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#20 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Hey! Your list of movies/games is extensive - which is very much a good thing :) I'm going to have to make sure to google/youtube some of those composers (all I know is Koji Kondo, who is a genius, but I think it's time to branch out!)

but yes. welcome back! 

ps. I had a similar issue with books, so I tried audio books. If you find a good reader, it's definitely worth it. I'm currently enjoying Jon Cleese read the Screwtape Letters by  C.S. Lewis.

elmo-o.gif