18 replies to this topic

#1 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

So I must admit that I have a weakness for monthly subscription boxes. I don't know what it is but the excitment I get the day that box arrives is unmatched by no other.  Recently I started to subscribe to Loot Crate, and it has been awesome so far (I've only gotten two months).  Does anyone else on the forum subscribe to the monthly box Loot Crate?

Or does anyone subscribe to another monthly service that is worth the money?

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#2 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

I do Loot Crate as well. I feel all giddy inside, too. Haha. It is very exciting.. probably more than it should be for me.

As far as other services go, haven't looked into any. I doubt any can amount to LC though. Has quite a large following. 

You're not alone! ^.^

tumblr_myyiczUjgV1s4nkmdo1_4001.gif

#3 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

I think it is such a great box because they have made smart moves with who the companies they have teamed up with.  Any thoughts as to what April's theme will be.  I would go crazy for some Game of Thrones stuff.

#4 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Not to mention a lot of those companies are leading in the video game industry right now. Almost like a niched pop culture box made for people like us. :D

Having nothing against GoT, just have never seen it. Though I'm sure I'd love it considering what I've heard. Anyways, I just have no clue what April's box could be. :0 Hopefully something with Elder Scrolls since ESO is coming out!

#5 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

I would totally be down for an Elder Scrolls themed box. OMG just talking about it is making me giddy.

#6 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yes, I agree! God, anything Elder Scrolls related would be just fantastic haha. So, you've been subscribed for two months meaning you got the Titan and Warriors crates. What did you think of those? Warriors was eh to me, but the Titan box totally made up for it. Just awesome.  I am wearing my Attack on Titan wristband right now ha.

P.S. If ES content is not to be seen, I can make due with this!

Attached File  336224c8a8c711e390950efdcbfb3c10_8.jpg   132.48K   2 downloads

#7 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

When I got the Feb box (which was my first) I was a little bummed, I mean I wasn't like hardcore disappointed in my decision to get the monthly subscription but I just felt neutral about it. I really liked the kidrobot item (I mean it is kidrobot after all) and the stickers were cute but I was still eh about it. Then I got the Titan box for March and holy balls sooooo excited. I'm a huge Attack on Titan fan so that made me super happy. So now I'm antsy pantsy for what April will hold.

#8 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

You are right about the kidrobot haha. I guess those bowties may come in handy too someday. o.o I guess I can do my best Bill Nye impression wearing one, right? *dies*

I will be honest and say that I am not as big a watcher of anime as all the rest of you kids, but damn is that show fucking enthralling. Can't tell you one thing wrong with it from my perspective. Well when you get yours let me know, and I'll do the same (if you want.) 

#9 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

I'll totally share mine when it comes in ^_^

#10 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

So totally just got a promo email from Loot Crate and April's theme is ......... DRAGON!!

With items from Game of Thrones and an EXCLUSIVE Elder Scrolls collectible!!!!

...Total happy dance going on right now...

#11 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Dude. I don't think that you understand we told the fucking future.

For folks who are skeptical:

Attached File  10155680_774411259237114_657422237_n.jpg   69.13K   3 downloads

#12 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

we are magical :P

#13 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Vikings don't have this ^

We have sticks and pine trees >_>

#14 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Vikings don't have this ^

We have sticks and pine trees >_>

You guys have the crazyest religious myths. The one with Loki and the horse is my favorite.

Also, what's a box thing? I came here expecting an explination and my best guess is a gift of the month thing. I refuse to google. REFUSE!

Also, also, dragons are cool. How do I get one?

Also, also, also, Nordic mythos is full of dragons, so you got that too, Aki. Thor and the Midgar serpent? Hello?

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#15 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

I find Loot Crates to be a waste of money.  A few items will be cool, but the overall package isn't worth the price tag.

It being a mystery allows them to tart up the bag with crap no one really wants. But there's always one cool item, although said item is rarely exclusive and/or worth the price tag of the entire box.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#16 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

You guys have the crazyest religious myths. The one with Loki and the horse is my favorite.

Also, what's a box thing? I came here expecting an explination and my best guess is a gift of the month thing. I refuse to google. REFUSE!

Also, also, also, Nordic mythos is full of dragons, so you got that too, Aki. Thor and the Midgar serpent? Hello?

^All of the above. Norse myth is pretty badass. Our heritage is also pretty viking-ish ;D Honestly I'm not that up-to-date on the mythology, but recently poeple have spoken about it here so.. maybe I should start educating myself :P

I read this thread and just imagined someone in full custume  and entourage showing up at the door, delivering EPIC treasure.. I just want to keep believing that. xD

#17 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Loot Crate is a monthly Geek and Gamer Box that is delivered to your house. It's a mystery box so you never know what is going to be in it but each month has a theme and the items in the box are based around that theme.  It's $13.37 + S/H.

I have found it to be decent. Some months can be eh but some months make up for bad months. Thats part of the gamble I suppose.

#18 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

What are you talking about? Shoe is the most rare chimpokomon of all! I had to use my master ball to catch him.ngbbs4c8868d7bfca2.jpg

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#19 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Danico, let me bear your children.

I've wanted to try a couple subscription boxes I've seen online but I never have money for stuff like this. It sounds like it would be fun though.