26 replies to this topic

#21 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

I think your post proves my point well enough. I'm out!

#22 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

Polaris is an interesting off-shoot of Makers. It has the biggest YouTube channels by subscriber count under its umbrella. PewDiePie, the Yogscast, and the Game Grumps all call Polaris home. This was a potentially good idea that failed spectacularly from start to finish. Why they let a guy run around trying to gin up fake drama is beyond me.

Let's come back to this point before this thread ends up with the same fate as the Anita one, and also because this is a pretty good point. Polaris isn't a horrible company and they sent this guy to represent them. Reminds me of the Nelson Mandela memorial service where they hired a fake sign language translator. No one took the time to make sure the guy was suitable for the job and actually knew sign language, they just let up on stage within meters from all these important people.

The same kinda goes for this Mattie guy, no one really put any second thought into whether or not this guy should be there. I'm not sure about what he's like at work but he seemed like a pretty big asshole, you think they would have sent someone more personable.

I wonder whoever decided on that got fired.

#23 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

Let's come back to this point before this thread ends up with the same fate as the Anita one, and also because this is a pretty good point. Polaris isn't a horrible company and they sent this guy to represent them. Reminds me of the Nelson Mandela memorial service where they hired a fake sign language translator. No one took the time to make sure the guy was suitable for the job and actually knew sign language, they just let up on stage within meters from all these important people.

The same kinda goes for this Mattie guy, no one really put any second thought into whether or not this guy should be there. I'm not sure about what he's like at work but he seemed like a pretty big asshole, you think they would have sent someone more personable.

I wonder whoever decided on that got fired.

From the confines of the article, it seems Matti represented one of the corporate sponsors and just weaseled his way into running the cameras and "ensuring drama." It doesn't seem he directly worked for Polaris at all. Maybe I read it wrong.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#24 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

From the confines of the article, it seems Matti represented one of the corporate sponsors and just weaseled his way into running the cameras and "ensuring drama." It doesn't seem he directly worked for Polaris at all. Maybe I read it wrong.

"I’d never met Matti prior to GAME_JAM, but I’d heard of him. Multiple central figures in multiple departments complained privately to me both before and after GAME_JAM about his conduct. He was apparently some kind of middle man between Pepsi and the branding teams, though not a full-timer, and was apparently very good at it.

Somehow, he had ended up as the most visible director on set, as well as what was described to me as a “Pepsi Consultant.” I quickly took from his posture and the way people were interacting with him that he would spearhead the tone, the filming and the brand-friendliness of the entire affair – but I was wrong. He ended up being a creative consultant who had somehow slipped into the project through his connections to the sponsors, the de facto “guy” by virtue of being the loudest."

Yes, seems your right. He slipped in. 

#25 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

"I’d never met Matti prior to GAME_JAM, but I’d heard of him. Multiple central figures in multiple departments complained privately to me both before and after GAME_JAM about his conduct. He was apparently some kind of middle man between Pepsi and the branding teams, though not a full-timer, and was apparently very good at it.

Somehow, he had ended up as the most visible director on set, as well as what was described to me as a “Pepsi Consultant.” I quickly took from his posture and the way people were interacting with him that he would spearhead the tone, the filming and the brand-friendliness of the entire affair – but I was wrong. He ended up being a creative consultant who had somehow slipped into the project through his connections to the sponsors, the de facto “guy” by virtue of being the loudest."

Yes, seems your right. He slipped in. 

Apparently, Makers has been bought out by Disney (for some reason.) That parenthood might make the Machinima-XBone controversy look like a friendly handshake.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#26 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

I try to learn about all the cliches and niches of it. Some of them are horrifying (oh, God, the furries,)...

I'd be careful throwing that kind of judgment around. Furries have feelings, too. And I have feelings for our furries. So be nice.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#27 jiuer7845

jiuer7845

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 March 2022 - 09:57 PM

https://www.nflshopo...nlinestore.com/ NFL Shop Official Online Store