22 replies to this topic

#1 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

I am the Dayman~

My name is Damon, but on the Internet I prefer Caelwyn. Either way though, yo. Uh, I'm twenty.

I have been looking for an outlet/discussion like this for awhile. This website stood out among a lot of others I've looked in to. I've never been active on a forum before, but within the last two years I've kind of lost touch with all of my friends (college, moving, changing interests.) No big deal. Just trying to meet people.

I graduated from the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences, an audio production school and have found no work, currently doing pet sitting.

My first gaming experiences include LoZ: OOT, Final Fantasy VII, and Sim City. My dad was a gamer. My favorite game ever may be Pokemon Yellow simply because it was my first game, alongside the limited edition GameBoy. Not to mention I still play either that or Blue often, never really got past the first generation. I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni, though I rarely play on console. Add me on Steam: Caelwyn. Not much into anime, but I am not against it at all. Mushi-shi is awesome, and so is Attack on Titan. Music is my thing, a big fan of Post Rock, Drone, Ambient, minimalist.

I'm too sarcastic. Everybody hates me, haha.

PM me or post on this thread if you want to talk.

tumblr_myyiczUjgV1s4nkmdo1_4001.gif

#2 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

What's good bro? Welcome to the forums.

I graduated from the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences, an audio production school and have found no work, currently doing pet sitting.

Very interesting. What exactly does your degree/diploma/cert specialize in? Like becoming a music producer of sorts? In any case I feel your pain, I graduated in Video Production/Computer Graphics and are unable to find work in my field as well. It basically comes down to where I'm living because agriculture and horticulture primarily dominate the job scene here.

But I remain optimistic because I'm starting to build a good reputation around here. :)

Most of your interests are the same as mine, so you should fit right in.

Stay classy Dayman dude!!!

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#3 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Well, the Degree/Certificate hybrid I got was to a specific, industry standard course designed by the school. Though I did receive some certs for specific hardware/software. So the course entailed everything from how waveforms are created, and different kinds, to troubleshooting a recording session.  We covered a lot, and were placed into internships. I live in Las Vegas and had no funds to do my internship where the industry is thriving such as LA, or Austin. Had to come back home. So we're on the same boat.

Very interesting. What exactly does your degree/diploma/cert specialize in? Like becoming a music producer of sorts? In any case I feel your pain, I graduated in Video Production/Computer Graphics and are unable to find work in my field as well. It basically comes down to where I'm living because agriculture and horticulture primarily dominate the job scene here.

#4 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, buddy. New people are always welcome.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#5 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Welcome.

May your adventures here be many and varied.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

Welcome to the forum. :)

nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Ay

#8 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:26 AM

Welcome to the forum!

#9 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Welcome!! I hope you enjoy your stay! ^_^ 

Please, would you mind explaining your signature Caelwyn? xD

#10 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

He's a musician by the name of Mac DeMarco. Serious music, very laid back and funny guy.

Here's a link to one of his songs if you're interested:

Please, would you mind explaining your signature Caelwyn? xD

#11 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:23 AM

Well, the Degree/Certificate hybrid I got was to a specific, industry standard course designed by the school. Though I did receive some certs for specific hardware/software. So the course entailed everything from how waveforms are created, and different kinds, to troubleshooting a recording session.  We covered a lot, and were placed into internships. I live in Las Vegas and had no funds to do my internship where the industry is thriving such as LA, or Austin. Had to come back home. So we're on the same boat.

I feel ya. I've only been to Vegas once (last year) and I got the impression that nothing really happens in that city aside from what occurs on the strip. I know that San Diego is really developing with it's computer sciences and engineering so that could be a possibility for you.

I've accepted the fact that I need to work a shitty job and save up the cash to move to another city. Sucks ballbags because i work with some really incompetent people. But it's all right because I live at home now, therefore I don't have to pay rent. But it's the price you have to pay for limited career opportunities. 

Just keep struggling the hustle. We in this together. ;)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#12 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

He's a musician by the name of Mac DeMarco. Serious music, very laid back and funny guy.

Here's a link to one of his songs if you're interested:

Thank you! ^^ I get so curious about the signatures xD

#13 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

I feel ya. I've only been to Vegas once (last year) and I got the impression that nothing really happens in that city aside from what occurs on the strip.

You're absolutely right. I have nothing do to here. I'm very.. bored.

#14 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Welcome.

May your adventures here be many and varied.

I may have to pick up your Kanto Badges patch soon my friend.

#15 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Welcome to the forum. :)

Generic awesome newb response.

#16 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

I am also a college graduate currently doing fuck-all.

BA in French, unemployed for 9 months and counting.

On that cheery note, welcome indeed.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#17 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

You, The Robstar, and I should start a club where we cry and hold each other while not getting paid.

I am also a college graduate currently doing fuck-all.

BA in French, unemployed for 9 months and counting.

On that cheery note, welcome indeed.

#18 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

So, you're actually making a living out of pet sitting? o_o; I've never heard of that before :o Then again, I live in the distant viking land xD

#19 Caelwyn

Caelwyn

Byte

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Oh, no haha. Though, there are a few full time pet sitters in a lot of city's here. I'm just doing it for some extra money.

So, you're actually making a living out of pet sitting? o_o; I've never heard of that before :o Then again, I live in the distant viking land xD

#20 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:20 AM

hey man, welcome!

elmo-o.gif