27 replies to this topic

#1 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

So yeah, I've been exploring MOBA's, and Smite is freaking addicting. Very very fun and unique.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#2 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

I just went 12/8/26 that match... And we lost, dang it. Stupid Thor.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

Never heard of it. Looks like LoL. Is it legit?

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

From what I've seen, it's a traditional moba in third-person instead of top-down perspective

When it was in beta, people were streaming it and didn't seem to care for. it too much. The champ mechanics seemed iffy, but it's picked up its own cult following and people still play it

Everything's been revamped and it is now really smooth and all the mechanisms work well. It was also just officially released two days ago which made me decide to try it again.

I would say it's worth trying. It is really a lot of fun even though it is SO different from a traditional moba. The main thing I like about it is that the combat is action oriented, so if you wanna auto attack you HAVE to aim and click instead of just targeting a mod and sitting back to watch. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#5 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yeah so I just went 24/1/1 on a Smite match. >.> 2pro4this

Lp5M62Z.gif

#6 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

I may try it at some point, it looks mildly interesting.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#7 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

I may try it at some point, it looks mildly interesting.

This, though downloading it is my biggest barrier to trying it.

#8 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:32 AM

Recently started playing Smite again, and holy shit it's gotten so much more fun. I've been destroying in every single game as of late.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#9 FurryEquinox

FurryEquinox

Byte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

so i just started looking into MOBA games and my friend screeched this games praise so i have to ask is smite a good game to start out with MOBA games?

EjQK7ed.gif

#10 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:15 PM

so i just started looking into MOBA games and my friend screeched this games praise so i have to ask is smite a good game to start out with MOBA games?

In all honesty, I feel it's a watered down moba with it's only upside being an attempt at shifting it into third person perspective instead of top-down.

A good moba to start with, mostly because of its lack of micro/macro, is League of Legends. It has a couple straightforward heroes who are easy to pick up, and the item system is streamlined so you can pick up the game relatively quickly.

If you feel like going /deep/ into mobas, I recommend Dota2. It's like League, just rooted alot more in metagame knowledge than reactive twitch gameplay.

#11 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

I really enjoy Smite, but Croc is right it is a pretty watered down moba. There's not a whole lot of skill and quick twitchy plays that you need to make, no active items or anything except for some active skills you can buy. All in all though I find it kind of relaxing to play compared to the other more hardcore mobas.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#12 FurryEquinox

FurryEquinox

Byte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Well why the heck not i downloaded it and... well its what i like best in a game but im still gonna give Dota 2 and LoL a try

EDIT: im sticking with SMITE the top down view made me cry

EjQK7ed.gif

#13 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

Well why the heck not i downloaded it and... well its what i like best in a game but im still gonna give Dota 2 and LoL a try

EDIT: im sticking with SMITE the top down view made me cry

If you can get past the top-down view and micromanagement, you'll find two games with unrivaled complexity.

Or, yknow, you can play smite

#14 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:17 AM

Just dropping this off.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#15 FurryEquinox

FurryEquinox

Byte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

Just dropping this off.

only if jon would actually make more videos

EjQK7ed.gif

#16 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

He's workin' on it.

But, yeah.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#17 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

So I picked this up on PS4, because why the fuck not. I like it. I'm really bad at it though, since I've got basically no idea what to build. I did kinda okay building Thor with nothing but attack damage items and shoes though, so that was fun.

I really like Bellona, which is kinda weird since I usually like to hang back. I ended a game (in a loss) where I finished up 34/11/19, I got thrown into the mid lane (wtf why) against Anubis, which was fucking scary. Managed a VERY sketchy first blood on him, but then proceeded to die to him 4 times after level 5, because his ult is fucking ridonkulous.

Super-fun game though.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#18 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 May 2016 - 04:51 AM

Just downloaded this for Xbox.

Finishing up the tutorial now. Stupid easy. Getting triple kills left and right. Didn't even know how to read tool tips and had no idea what my spells did. Been playing Ra through it. I'll try a few AI matches with a team and see how I like it. No idea what item builds to go for.

I do enjoy the concepts they did for most of the gods. Some cool skins.

So far it's not bad. I think I'd prefer to play it on console. I'll report back and let everyone know how bad I was going against Medium bots.

#19 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

Well, I'm almost level 9 now. I like this game more than I thought I would. It's easy to get in to. I like mages the most.

Nox and Scylla are so far my favorites but I've only tried a handful of God's. Every bot match seems to have 2-3 dcers. I take it that it has no penalty? I've only won two matches so far, and both were as Scylla. Got sick triple kills on her. Might purchase her as my first.

I think I like this more than HotS.

#20 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Bought the Ultimate God Pack for $30. Well worth it, I suppose. I don't know the exact number of Gods to play but that has to be like .50 cents or less per God. They sold me on the future gods for free, as well.

I decided since I had over $300 of overtime take-home I would try my hand at some chests too. Purchased 1500 gems and pulled a couple rare skins. Primal Hunter Artemis and Dark Whisperer Ah Muzen Cab. Meh.

I finally stepped into the Arena (PvP) and did really well! Mostly wins. After doing that I realize, man, bots are hard.

Some of my first night Arena (pvp) stats!

Nox, 5-3-36 (Win)

Athena 3-3-25 (Win)

Athena 11-1-27 (Win)

Serqet 22-4-15 (Loss)

I really enjoyed myself. In fact, I think that was the most fun I had with a video game sessions in a long time. Reason being I never usually perform so well in a pvp game on my first night. I was really worried about melee. I only ever do well on them if they are 'tanks.' Athena was EZ mode. I tried a few Assassins in bot games and came to like Serqet, so picked her and was really taken back at how well I did. I never do good with assassin type heroes in any game.

Oh and I'm never shutting off auto-level and auto-buy lol. They are so helpful. I can't be bothered to like, read stuff. That's lame.

As far as God designs go, I'm real happy with Nox, Athena, Serqet, and pretty much all the women Gods. Ymir and Sorbet look stupid.

I'm going to discover my two most favorite gods of each role and stick to them. I'm pretty keen on keeping a balanced party (don't need 4 mages in every party). I ended up as Athena in most matches because we lacked a Guardian. Then going to attempt the other game modes in pvp as well.

I'm already getting a hate list going. I'll never willingly play Mercury, hah. I left that bot game. I just can't do him.

If anyone wants to add me on Xbox feel free. I'd rather you private message me. I think consoles share servers?