• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Cassidy

Cassidy

Byte

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

I don't really consider myself a "nerd" because my interests are very casual and I had avoided the forum scene for a long time because people can be really vicious on the internet; but I'm sick of feeling like an outcast where I live because of my interests especially as a girl, even if it means opening myself up to the mercy of the internet. 

And, that's I all I have to say. 

#2 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Welcome. :D You should fit in just fine. Everyone here is very friendly too, so there's no need to worry about idiot people trolling you.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Many welcomes to you Misty.

I completely agree, many forums can be a bit nasty, but this is the only community I know of that won't circlejerk and put you down for the sake of boosting their own confidence. NAY!!!! I can guarantee that we will treat you like a goddess. :)

#RealTalk

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Welcome!

The great thing about this forum is how diverse everyone is you shouldn't have trouble finding at least a few people you get along with.

#5 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Welcome!! I hope you find this place a good haven, I know I have

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#6 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Hey

#7 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Welcome Cassidy! Girls are the most vicious of all x_x I eagerly avoid them. Which is weird since I'm a lady myself..

I hope you will enjoy your stay! Feel free to post all kinds of nonsense! :D

#8 Cassidy

Cassidy

Byte

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Yes, I girls can be the most vicious, but I can understand why; insecurity in a world that's still male dominated. I actually prefer the company of boys because I can relate to them more on certain levels yet they seem to be uninterested in me.

I kind of rergret the way I introduced myself yesterday; I let certain frustrations get the better of me. I also changed my avatar; I couldn't decide between Misty from Pokemon and Ami from Sailor Moon because I connect so deeply with both characters. In the end, I decided on Ami because I feel a stronger connection with her now as an adult.

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Welcome to the forum!

nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:44 AM

Yes, I girls can be the most vicious, but I can understand why; insecurity in a world that's still male dominated. I actually prefer the company of boys because I can relate to them more on certain levels yet they seem to be uninterested in me.

I can understand that, I generally prefer befriending women, but they often don't seem interested in being friends.

#11 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

I kind of rergret the way I introduced myself yesterday; I let certain frustrations get the better of me. I also changed my avatar; I couldn't decide between Misty from Pokemon and Ami from Sailor Moon because I connect so deeply with both characters. In the end, I decided on Ami because I feel a stronger connection with her now as an adult.

You did fine ^^ Nothing wrong with letting us know what's going on!

I have to admit.. I have never seen sailor moon o_o

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Welcome.

We don't really have any outcasts here, so you should find your place.

Also, you have the same name as my sister.

Which is odd becaue it isn't a very common name as far as I knew.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

You did fine ^^ Nothing wrong with letting us know what's going on!

I have to admit.. I have never seen sailor moon o_o

agreed :) welcome!

I used to watch sailor moon as a kid, I'd have the theme song stuck in my head for hours afterwards. Awesome show. It and DBZ and Beyblades and basically everything on cheesetv was probably what sparked my own love for anime.

anyway, have fun here!

elmo-o.gif

#14 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

agreed :) welcome!

I used to watch sailor moon as a kid, I'd have the theme song stuck in my head for hours afterwards. Awesome show. It and DBZ and Beyblades and basically everything on cheesetv was probably what sparked my own love for anime.

anyway, have fun here!

I just never understood was the deal was with it >_> it just seems rather... meh

#15 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

It's the ordinary-girl-finds-inner-strength-and-saves-the-world thing. That and Usagi starts out as totally useless and watching her growth was a big thing for me.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#16 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

Maybe because it was one of the few anime to really hit it big in the US? On Cartoon Network and all that.

I can understand that, I generally prefer befriending women, but they often don't seem interested in being friends.

In my head I like to picture you sitting at a bar, nursing a whisky sour with your guy friends and complaining, "All I want to do is follow Sue around and carry her shopping bags, and she just keeps trying to suck my dick! Why can't I find a girl to just be my platonic friend?"

Welcome, Sailor Mercury. I alway liked Mars better. I only seem to attract aggressive women, as much as I like the quiet bookworms.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#17 HelloNerdySam

HelloNerdySam

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationFlorida USA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Welcome to the Forum! :)

giphy.gif