#1 Nerdfatha

Nerdfatha

Byte

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe suburbs

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hey everyone, 

I've randomly decided to do product reviews of caffeinated beverages on my blog. I'm sure it's an overdone concept, but I like caffeine and it forces me to write even if i have writer's block. I was just wondering what peoples favorite caffeinated beverages are or what is something off the wall that you would like to see reviewed. 

Look! I have a blog! How lame.
http://Dropthecontrols.blogspot.com

I have a horror blog. Scary lame!

http://dropthesanity.blogspot.com

#2 bookfloss

bookfloss

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:17 AM

It's hard to beat a giant, scalding coffee.

"Normal is what everyone else is and you're not."  Malcolm McDowell

#3 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Mountain Dew makes me a nicer, happier human being.

And a better employee.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#4 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

I like tea (is there coffein in tea?) mostly english breakfast tea and green tea.. i don't like coffee. Sometimes i also drink redbull.

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#5 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Let's see, I love some good tea. Yorkshire tea is my favourite but PG Tips original blend and Twinings Early Gray are also pretty lovely. Rooibos is nice, caffeine or caffeine free and a lose-leaf Assam blend is good for breakfast I think. Then of course there's instant coffee, which I adore with a little milk. Last time I tried proper coffee it was a Chilean or Colombian blend and I wasn't a big fan, but I did drink it black. Hmm, in the energy drinks category, Monster. Hands down. I liked that so much it basically became my morning fix for work. I used to drink one a day, every day.

On top of all the coffee my digestive system aborted everything in it very promptly at about 8:30 every morning. XD

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#6 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Rockstar. Monster, and NOS for me when it comes to high caffeine intake.

I've also outright bought Caffeine pills at a pharmacy.

Mountain dew is great too now that they're making it with caffeine again.

5A5DjRW.gif

#7 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Actually I've discovered that medicating myself with Monster by taking small sips every five minutes can actually keep me up to do homework that I've been putting off until 6 hours from when it is due.

Though it doesn't work as effectively with coffee, so maybe something else in it is helping as well?

#8 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Caffeine makes me throw up >.<

#9 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

OoOoOooOoOoOoOHHhHhHhHhHHhHHH!!!!! Me loves me coffees. 

I drink Moccona and Nescafe Caramel Latte. Gooooodddd shit!!!!

The best coffee I've ever had was made by this gay dude in Perth Australia. It was a latte with grated pistachio and orange skins. DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!! It was the closest to an orgasm I've had in my mouth..... errrmm........ that sounded so weird.  :ph34r:

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#10 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Caffeine makes me throw up >.<

And I think my stomach was weak. That sucks man.

#11 cassXgoesXmeow

cassXgoesXmeow

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

I'm all about the iced coffee with a little cream. I like to cold press my coffee. It tends to have a better flavor then a hot brew. 

I'm a Liger.... Want to see my Liger impersonation?

#12 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

I drink coffee so much that I will start to have violent headaches if I stop. One day, I forgot to drink a cup in the morning. For the rest of the day, I went around the halls asking people if they had change for a five so I could finally get a bottled Starbucks thing in the vending machine.

There's probably a lesson to be learned here, but I don't care enough to find out what it is.

Oh yeah, this was a question about what should be reviewed. How about the bottled Starbucks things.

#13 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

Man, the other day I was taking my girlfriend out for a bite to eat but on the way she started having trouble with her breathing due to asthma. Anyway, despite the fact that asthma is something most people can live with, we're in America where a visit to the doctor's and an inhaler costs hundreds of dollars...I bought her a double shot espresso in a can as a substitute, one of those Starbucks cold coffees, since she can't afford an inhaler.

Anyway she was bouncing off the fucking walls for the next hour.

#14 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

Man, the other day I was taking my girlfriend out for a bite to eat but on the way she started having trouble with her breathing due to asthma. Anyway, despite the fact that asthma is something most people can live with, we're in America where a visit to the doctor's and an inhaler costs hundreds of dollars...I bought her a double shot espresso in a can as a substitute, one of those Starbucks cold coffees, since she can't afford an inhaler.

Anyway she was bouncing off the fucking walls for the next hour.

I can vouch for this. I too have asthma. Caffeine helps you relax and opens the airways a bit. I had a bad attack once and my mate actually forced me to smoke a bong and made me a strong black coffee. I thought he was crazy, but it actually worked. Anything that can calm you down he said.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#15 Nerdfatha

Nerdfatha

Byte

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe suburbs

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

I can vouch for the asthma remedy. My wife, daughter, and I all suffer from the exercise induced variety, typically in cold air.  We spend the money on the inhalers for my kiddo and we adults survive off of caffine or an attempt at meditation, or, in my case, a primarily sedintary lifestyle! lol. No run no wheeze, right? 

I'll gladly review some of the Starbucks stuff. I've seen they actually have canned coffee/energy beverage combo drinks. it kind of scares me, but I'll try anything twice.  Ive tried the bottle starbucks fraps and they are amazing. I'd be all for having a few more of those! 

I have reviewed  2 things. STOK coffee shots and a few flavors of HYDRIVE.  I've got a few more Flavors of HYDRIVE and a Market Pantry knock off of Mio coming. both of those were on sale, and what can I say, I'm cheap.  

Look! I have a blog! How lame.
http://Dropthecontrols.blogspot.com

I have a horror blog. Scary lame!

http://dropthesanity.blogspot.com

#16 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Actually I've discovered that medicating myself with Monster by taking small sips every five minutes can actually keep me up to do homework that I've been putting off until 6 hours from when it is due.

Though it doesn't work as effectively with coffee, so maybe something else in it is helping as well?

The taurine and sugar in them will help with that.

5A5DjRW.gif

#17 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

And the gingseng, though I was surprised they put that in there because...well...it's pretty good for you.

#18 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

It is still SHOCKING to me to hear that people in american have such troubles with a simple thing as an inhaler..

Healthcare is free in Norway and hearing about that just makes me feel guilty actually =/

#19 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm from England so it shocks me just as much, though I don't feel guilty by any stretch of the imagination.

I mean fuck, even I can't really afford to help her pay for the whole process and I'm here for another three months.

#20 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

I'm from England so it shocks me just as much, though I don't feel guilty by any stretch of the imagination.

I mean fuck, even I can't really afford to help her pay for the whole process and I'm here for another three months.

call me an idiot, but I don't understand this. Where is "here"?