91 replies to this topic

#21 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I don't think they are forcing science on anyone.

They are pasionate about it yes, but that is different than cramming it down people's throats.

The best thing about science is that you don't have to believe in it for it to exist.

People don't force others to follow science blindly and without question.

The very essence of scientific practice is to question everything until you have an answer for what you were asking, then test that answer against all other answers until you figure out which one is the absolute most accurate. Then never really trust that answer to be completely true because it might not be, so you keep testing it against others forever, improving its accuracy (or disproving it all together). Then you share what you know with anyone who will listen.

Quite the opposite of blindly following what an old book says is the word of God, telling everyone who believes anything otherwise that they are going to rot in hell, and calling it a day.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#22 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

If it starts getting in the way of how I'm allowed to live my life, if it's forced in my face then I have a right to complain and engage in a counter-movement.

You know religion has adverse effects, until the end of the month you can't get married to your girlfriend even if you wanted to because it's still mind-bendingly illegal.

Oh, my god, this, this, this, this, THIS.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#23 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm angry about a lot of things. mostly people and my lacking social skills. I just can't read situations which may end badly some day.

That! x.x

#24 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

That! x.x

it's just depressing..

once I actually started asking people if things were meant ironic and stuff but a lit of them were offended -.-

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#25 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

it's just depressing..

once I actually started asking people if things were meant ironic and stuff but a lit of them were offended -.-

It is not depressing Fae! They're all idiots for not being more accepting! I just ailiante most people because of it though.. screw'em...

Do what you love to do, yeh!

#26 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

It is not depressing Fae! They're all idiots for not being more accepting! I just ailiante most people because of it though.. screw'em...

Do what you love to do, yeh!

it is.. but you are right people are idiots.

I actually quite like what I do..

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#27 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!FUCK YOU!!!◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐◣◢)┌∩┐(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table](ノಠ益ಠ)ノ [flips a table]

Mine is pretty simple and straight forward. If only the right people heard that >->

#28 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

Maybe you should tell 'the right people' then.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#29 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

If I explain something to you, dont try to bring it back up to disprove something Im currently doing

Youll fucking hurt yourself trying, and I'll fucking tazer you.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#30 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

and I'll fucking tazer you.

Omfg, your personality is amazingly hilarious.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#31 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Just tell them 'do as I say, not as I do', Tes! :)

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#32 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

:lol: Yes, i know that feel. When this happens I usually just say

"Well, things change"

It's subtle, deep, with just a tiny hint of "go fuck yourself"

I dont do subtle, i just skip right ahead and tell them to go fuck themselves.
I find subtlety is lost on those who struggle to breathe and blink simultaneously. 

Omfg, your personality is amazingly hilarious.

No, kombat koala gave me a tazer for my birthday, i struggle every day not to use it. >__>
Im just a tiny angry lady. <.<

Just tell them 'do as I say, not as I do', Tes! :)

This is someone who has a mental breakdown about how his tv is broken beause he doesnt realize he turned the cable box off.
Theres no room for logic here.

obazNZl.gif

#33 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

No, kombat koala gave me a tazer for my birthday, i struggle every day not to use it. >__>
Im just a tiny angry lady. <.<

I'm still sticking with my original statement. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#34 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

it's just depressing..

Stephen Fry has quoted John Cleese as saying,

"You will never be happy until you stop being so polite."

I know what he means. Don't worry about pleasing people. 

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#35 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Haha ok.

Also, i just realized its kranky koala, im just going to call him klu klux kenny.

obazNZl.gif

#36 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

I have a rant for you! How about that airline food? It comes in a box. You open the box to get inside the box. The food is, like, 

pre-made. A-a-and then you then have to open the pre-made food. And... uh... it tastes like the pre-made food always does. And... um...

But yeah... airline food

#37 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I have a rant for you! How about that airline food? It comes in a box. You open the box to get inside the box. The food is, like, 

pre-made. A-a-and then you then have to open the pre-made food. And... uh... it tastes like the pre-made food always does. And... um...

But yeah... airline food

Good effort.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#38 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Good effort.

DON'T PATRONIZE ME!

#39 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

But yeah... airline food

Airline food is disgusting :(

#40 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

Stephen Fry has quoted John Cleese as saying,

"You will never be happy until you stop being so polite."

I know what he means. Don't worry about pleasing people. 

Sounds reasonable... I am trying ;)