7 replies to this topic

#1 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

So this show, Toradora, premired a few years ago in Japan and I didn't watch it back then. It's about to come out with English dub on bluray and the news had reminded me to watch it.

Now, I don't usually go back more than a year or two to watch something I missed. Something about a finished series from the past makes me sad. I have similar feelings about music and video games from my past. Does anyone else feel like this? I don't think I could go back and watch Trigun or Evangelion now if I hadn't seen them back then, even knowing how famous and well recived they are. Why is this?

Strange musings, I guess. Ignore. Also, I'm about to start watching, has anyone else? Is the tiger really the ultimate tsundare? Why do I like tigers so much? Fuck you, Chinese zodiac. I blame you.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#2 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

I sense... death issues and seperation anxiety. No?

Y'know, all good things must come to an end. I'm sure watching the show won't be such a bad thing. If it is, that just means you're ignorant to the fact that all anime's you're currently watching and will watch in the future, also END. So get over it :P

Edit: I don't intend to sound mean! Sorry!

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

I watched it last fall because it was one of those shows where the name gets thrown around a lot and I was curious. Anyway I was really surprised it was actually a really great rom-com story. It really got to me, especially at the later episodes. Yes, Taiga is like the biggest tsundere I've seen yet. But all the characters are super memorable and you care about all of them by the end. And the music is super great, especially this one track from a certain scene.

It's a really good show to watch over Christmas, I saw a big group of anime fans do a thing where they all watched it over Christmas break. It's just got that Christmas vibe. 

As for watching older shows, I know many people who refuse to watch older shows purely because they dislike the art style. I don't mind looking at older stuff. I guess the hard part with older stuff is there's spoilers everywhere and it's kinda old news so it's not like everyone's talking about it still. I plan to watch the 'must-watches' though like Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell. Eventually.

#4 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

I fucking love Toradora. I laughed and cried like buffoon. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#5 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I sense... death issues and seperation anxiety. No?

Y'know, all good things must come to an end. I'm sure watching the show won't be such a bad thing. If it is, that just means you're ignorant to the fact that all anime's you're currently watching and will watch in the future, also END. So get over it :P

Edit: I don't intend to sound mean! Sorry!

Death and me are old buddies. And I never keep any ties to anyone, so who can I be seperated from? My God, spankings are headed your way, you just don't know it yet.

I watched it last fall because it was one of those shows where the name gets thrown around a lot and I was curious. Anyway I was really surprised it was actually a really great rom-com story. It really got to me, especially at the later episodes. Yes, Taiga is like the biggest tsundere I've seen yet. But all the characters are super memorable and you care about all of them by the end. And the music is super great, especially this one track from a certain scene.

It's a really good show to watch over Christmas, I saw a big group of anime fans do a thing where they all watched it over Christmas break. It's just got that Christmas vibe. 

As for watching older shows, I know many people who refuse to watch older shows purely because they dislike the art style. I don't mind looking at older stuff. I guess the hard part with older stuff is there's spoilers everywhere and it's kinda old news so it's not like everyone's talking about it still. I plan to watch the 'must-watches' though like Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell. Eventually.

Yeah, I saw a thing of /r/anime that they did just that, watched them all last December and I really wished I had done so as well. And fuck if I don't identify with Tiga too damn much. It fucking sucks when someone you love is oblivious to your feelings. It's hard to admit your true feelings, what if they don't feel the same way? I actually find myself pulling for her and glasses to end up together, even though every bit of writing sense in my mind is telling me that's not how it's gonna end.

And the style of old stuff from the past don't bother me. You ever watch Dirty Pair? I just did a week or two ago. What the fuck was wrong with noses back in the 90's? And that one, shit, I can't remember the name. Palabor? That was bad too.

I fucking love Toradora. I laughed and cried like buffoon. 

I have to watch at night when no one's around because I know I will too. I will too, my friend.

#6 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

I have to watch at night when no one's around because I know I will too. I will too, my friend.

520px-Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#7 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

x_x

#8 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

That was sweet.