#2 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Noodles! Or curry! Or tacos.

But mostly curry. A fabulous chicken tikka masala is the best thing in the world, with some naan and pekora and tamarind sauce.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#3 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

My favorite food that I like to eat is Chicken Tenders and french fries.

My favorite thing to cook however is probably grilled cheese. (My cooking skills are still beginner level but I'm slowly working my way up. The only thing I used to be able to make was popcorn on the stove haha)

Check out my blog https://mygeekygirllife.wordpress.com/

Check out my photography on instagram @thegeeklifeblog

#4 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Curry-rootbeer pork ramen. I cook slices of pork in a tinfoil pouch filled with a rootbeer/curry paste mix. Pork ramen is cooked the top of the stove and I saute onions and mushrooms and a boil an egg. Mix all. Profit.

Or sunnyside up eggs and sausage covered in hotsauce. That's my shit right there. I have mastered sunnyside up eggs.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#5 Nerdfatha

Nerdfatha

Byte

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe suburbs

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

If I go out, My favorite is the Unagi roll at the local sushi joint.  My favorite at home dish is potato Gnocchi in a lemon wine butter sauce.    

Look! I have a blog! How lame.
http://Dropthecontrols.blogspot.com

I have a horror blog. Scary lame!

http://dropthesanity.blogspot.com

#6 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Man..i dunno how to narrow it down honestly.

I have a passion for cooking, if i was better i would persue it as a career.

One of the best things i ever get is this incredible roast duck at this little hole in the wall in China Town here called Threes Happiness..its fantastic.

I do love beef tho and any time i can eat it i do.
Burgers, steak, ribs, you name it.

So im going to go with meat.

My favorite is meat. >.>

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#7 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Awesome! Cheese, meat, ramen! All delicious things you can really play around with!

Something's missing something missing something..... -ing. Like, fish :o

#8 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Noodles! Or curry! Or tacos.

But mostly curry. A fabulous chicken tikka masala is the best thing in the world, with some naan and pekora and tamarind sauce.

I need to try curry. I tried it once at an international food fair and it actually made everyone sick so it wasn't very impressive, haha. So I'd like to try my own sometime.

I really like donairs. They're only made this way in Atlantic Canada. I never liked them when I was younger bit I love them now, even if they're super calorie dense. http://www.pizzashac...ull/donair2.jpg

#9 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

I like mozzarella sticks or pancakes with turkey bacon.

#10 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

I need to try curry. I tried it once at an international food fair and it actually made everyone sick so it wasn't very impressive, haha. So I'd like to try my own sometime.

I really like donairs. They're only made this way in Atlantic Canada. I never liked them when I was younger bit I love them now, even if they're super calorie dense. http://www.pizzashac...ull/donair2.jpg

You mean a gyro? Why is Canada so weird? Unless that's some strange northern pizza and the meat is penguin. Also, gyro is probably third or forth on my list. Also, also, you didn't say your favorite.

And curry is one of the greatest things in existance. There's a little hole in the wall place not far from me that makes the best vindaloo curry ever. So fuckin spice.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#11 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

I lurve cooking! The last thing I made was polenta chips, I'd definitely do them my own way next time though, the recipe I followed just wasn't right.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Place down the road called AJ's makes amazing BBQ sandwiches. I've been craving one for a few days.

In general though, my favorite is a simple hamburger. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

There's to many foods to choose from, so I would have to say any type of BBQ is my favorite. BBQ is the shit.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#14 Akiyo

Akiyo

Megabyte

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

There's to many foods to choose from, so I would have to say any type of BBQ is my favorite. BBQ is the shit.

Don't use food and shit in the same sentance again pls pls xD hehe

#15 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

You mean a gyro? Why is Canada so weird? Unless that's some strange northern pizza and the meat is penguin. Also, gyro is probably third or forth on my list. Also, also, you didn't say your favorite.

And curry is one of the greatest things in existance. There's a little hole in the wall place not far from me that makes the best vindaloo curry ever. So fuckin spice.

You got me curious, my parents always said donairs were unique to the Atlantic because they were depressed about it when we lived in Ontario for a couple years, so I went to go research it..

"A variation known as "donair" was introduced in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada in the early 1970s. Peter Kamoulakos immigrated to Canada in 1959.[46] When he failed in his attempt to sell traditional gyros, Kamoulakos adapted the dish to local tastes. He substituted beef for lamb and created a sweet sauce. He claimed he invented the donair in 1972 and that it debuted at King of Donair's Quinpool Road location in 1973, but this cannot be confirmed."

Interesting, so these "gyros" are much like our donairs, only with different meat and a sweeter sauce. I'll have to try one to taste the difference though.

#16 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Anything with sated onions and beef. Or carbohydrates. Carbohydrates taste good. Or sweet things. Sweet things like soda. Or cake. Carmel cake with chocolate frosting. Or spagetti. And bread sticks. With garlic. Or butterscotch milkshakes. I like butterscotch. And milk. I like milk. Whole milk is the best kind of milk. Especially with cookies. I like cookies. Cookies and pound cake. I like pound cake. Especially pound cake with coffee. I like coffee.

#17 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

You mean a gyro? Why is Canada so weird? Unless that's some strange northern pizza and the meat is penguin.

It is exactly a gyro.

I think those damn Quebecois got their hands on a greek cook book way back and just changed the name from Doner to Donair, because French people.

My all time favourite food is cabbage rolls.

None of that tomato sauce smothered, 90% meat and muck Italian crap.

I mean old country Czechoslovakian, mostly rice with meat and mushrooms in the mix, smothered in saurkraut cabbage rolls.

I am getting hungry just thinking about them.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#18 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

There is so much food. I love lasagna, spaghetti carbonara, quiche lorraine, piccata milanese, and rösti

(all of those I can cook myself if I may say so :P)

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#19 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Ooh! I forgot about carbonara!

And kabobs!

And galette from Brittany!

And good old American New York-style pizza.

And milkshakes. I have a German/British friend who always said that one of the things America got right was milkshakes. Having been to a few countries, I am inclined to agree.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#20 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

What is your favorite dish?

If you cannot cook, why haven't you taught yourself yet!? Just sayin

I love me some salmon.

can kinda cook, but I have a short attention span so I don't like cooking things that take a long time because I'll forget I was cooking and come out to find a black pile of ash in the stove.  I've only done that once though >.>

5A5DjRW.gif