• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

This thread is just getting filled up with all sorts of bad vibes.

#22 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

2014-01-31.jpg

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#23 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

i always wanted MMO of Animal Crossing. That will never happen.

#24 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

i always wanted MMO of Animal Crossing. That will never happen.

It would be half MMO, half social networking. My life goal is to now make it happen.

#25 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

I for one accept our new Nintendo overlords.

Also, Link Between Worlds was game of the year 2013, bam!

the 3DS is proof that the Wii U could still work, they both had pretty crappy beginnings but the 3DS got over its bad library and went on to be the best system in the current generation! (computers are not systems!)

of course the Wii U could always end up like the Vita, as sad as that sounds.

#26 Dan_Hibiki

Dan_Hibiki

Byte

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Maybe when more games drop for the Wii-U it can be saved. I have played one a few times and I thought it was okay. Didn't scream NEX-GEN though. That Miiverse is an amazing feature I will say that.

#27 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Game and Wario was fun when I played it in-store.

Nintendo taught me about friendship, teamwork, selflessness... Papa Miyamoto is the man, man.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#28 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Nintendo as a company passed its prime in the early 2000s. The Wii-U was a flop because it was gimmicky and it forces its crappy controls down the players throats. Sure the PS4 has its silly little touch pad and the Xbone has all that voice-activated bollocks but you can sort of ignore them in gameplay. Not with the Wii, not with the Wii-U. You have to use the remotes to flail your arms around, you have to use the touch pad. Beyond the fact that that's annoying as hell for a player, it's annoying as hell for the developers. Simply but, developers are not pushed to make games for the console. That's why the only games that stand out (which is really saying something) are the tired, old, dusty rehashes of existing titles and franchises.

"Let's cart Mario out in his wheel chair with his oxygen tank so he can stomp some generic enemies again."

"But this time he has a raccoon upgrade."

The result, Nintendo loses money, no one buys its console or its games. Slowly, surely, it fades until its Sega; where Mario is on steroids, Luigi's legs are 5ft long and Toad gets wrapped in bandages.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#29 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Well maybe they should have launched it with some DECENT FUCKING GAMES.

Or you know, launch it with at least one interesting feature that isn't an update to what the Wii had.

You know, stuff that actually encourages sales?

5A5DjRW.gif

#30 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

What IDK said. That, exactly. The most exciting thing about the Wii-U is DK: Tropical Freeze, and that isn't even out yet.

#31 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

But hey, the PS3 had a pretty shitty starting library, still became hella succesful though. Because it didn't rely on a gimmick to make a sale.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#32 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:36 AM

I actually only know of one person who bought a wii-u. He purchased it for the sole purpose of playing the new Donkey Kong game.

Sad reality is the fact that tablets and cellphones are more convenient and just as powerful as any current gen handheld console.

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#33 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

The most exciting thing about the Wii-U is DK: Tropical Freeze...

Called it.

#34 Cassidy

Cassidy

Byte

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

I don't know all the hardcore details, but I know enough to have an opinion. I think the problem with the Wii U is that it was uneccessary. The Wii was just fine for a few more years and the 3DS is basicially what the Wii U was trying to be. I'm still loyal to Nintendo and they usually make a comeback in situations like this. No company is perfect, but I'm disappointed this will be the first time that I'm not excicted to to get a new Nintendo system. 

#35 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

I don't know all the hardcore details, but I know enough to have an opinion. I think the problem with the Wii U is that it was uneccessary. The Wii was just fine for a few more years and the 3DS is basicially what the Wii U was trying to be. I'm still loyal to Nintendo and they usually make a comeback in situations like this. No company is perfect, but I'm disappointed this will be the first time that I'm not excicted to to get a new Nintendo system. 

The big problem is that Nintendo's strategies don't jive very well with the rest of the gaming market. The system can't survive on first party alone and third party companies are too lazy to work with the differences the system has from Playstation and Xbox.

Most companies are in it for easy cash *cough*EA*cough* and working with the Wii U isn't easy cash.

#36 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

Most companies are in it for easy cash *cough*EA*cough* and working with the Wii U isn't easy cash.

correction: every company ever is in it for the cash. Some of them are just more willing to screw over fans to get it.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#37 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

correction: every company ever is in it for the cash. Some of them are just more willing to screw over fans to get it.

Something Nintendo steadfastly refuses to do. I don't even think I can name a single Nintendo produced game that even had DLC.

Nintendo seems dedicated to fan service. And making fantastic flagship franchise titles. Cannot wait for the next Zelda main timeline title (although "Hyrule Warriors" looks interesting...)

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#38 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Something Nintendo steadfastly refuses to do. I don't even think I can name a single Nintendo produced game that even had DLC.

Nintendo seems dedicated to fan service. And making fantastic flagship franchise titles. Cannot wait for the next Zelda main timeline title (although "Hyrule Warriors" looks interesting...)

Nintendo is dedicated to making money too. I appreciate that they don't do the whole EA thing, though. 

I can never wait for new zelda. Although I detested skyward sword. A link between worlds looks pretty nice alas I do not own a 3ds.

EDIT: also, fanservice might not be the word you are looking for.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#39 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:04 AM

Nintendo is dedicated to making money too. I appreciate that they don't do the whole EA thing, though. 

I can never wait for new zelda. Although I detested skyward sword. A link between worlds looks pretty nice alas I do not own a 3ds.

The fact that there CEOs took a paycut when the system flopped to cover it seems to counter your point.

Companies that are in it for the money don't take risks. Nintendo is all about taking risks, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. How many companies can you think of that take risks with their products? (gaming or non-gaming companies)

#40 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Skyward Sword was amazing. It was the most purely cathartic 3-D console Zelda title and it had by far the hardest bosses of any of them.  It's #3 on my all time top video games list.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."