#1581 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Yeah. Yeah, it is.

Fuck cancer with something hard and sandpapery.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#1582 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

It is definitely a big pile of horseshit that something like that can happen to anyone really.

However, seeing his fanbase go nuts on the internet and throw support at him while simultaneously grieving.

The sheer quantity of human lives he seems to have affected in a positive way is astounding and surpasses that which most people manage to accomplish.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#1583 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

It's incredible. This is easily one of the greatest/best fandoms I've ever been a part of.

You have the normal level of crazy-talented and creative people, but then you have the people who are a legit community, supporting each other and building worlds together.

I hadn't used my tumblr for much before Lazy Town and now it's one of my favorite things ever.

Whole lotta love over in that corner, and that's pretty awesome.

#1584 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:13 AM

It's incredible. This is easily one of the greatest/best fandoms I've ever been a part of.

You have the normal level of crazy-talented and creative people, but then you have the people who are a legit community, supporting each other and building worlds together.

I hadn't used my tumblr for much before Lazy Town and now it's one of my favorite things ever.

Whole lotta love over in that corner, and that's pretty awesome.

Had no idea the Lazytown fandom was so huge and vibrant. Honestly sounds pretty cool and it really seems like they're one of the few fandoms that aren't full of jackasses.

2pphi03.gif

#1585 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

There are always ...certain subsections... but there are some amazing people I've met. The thing is, Lazytown itself is so wholesome and wonderful that it attracts people who like that and want that in their life.

Also, gay community, so woo-hoo!

#1586 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Also, gay community, so woo-hoo!

Why did I accidentally read this like the Ducktales theme

2pphi03.gif

#1587 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:45 AM

Watch out for danger--what's behind you?

There's a stranger out to find you!

#1588 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Last few months for me have been rough, my dudes. Got dumped by my GF of 2 years, had plans to marry her which makes things sting more. She also said she had fallen out of love with me a few before we broke up and had developed feelings for another guy. While all that was going on my depression had gotten really bad and I called her one night sobbing for help, which I never do I hate crying, and when I told her I needed her to come home because I knew I was going to hurt myself she just said 'I'm out with friends, I can't'. So that made me snap and I really lost it, she ended up coming home to me holding a knife in my hand sitting on the bed in a really dazed depressed stupor. 

She ended up breaking up with me right around then and I was driven back to MN and admitted to a psych ward on suicide watch. Was there for about a week. Life still hasn't turned around, as much as it sucks I can't get over her, I still love her. I know she did a lot of messed up stuff at the end of our relationship but she isn't a bad person, she has good intentions its just that she didn't know how to handle a lot of the situations. Doesn't help the whole thing that this is my first and only relationship in my life so it makes everything hurt that much more...

Was in the psych ward again last night to see a doctor about a med adjustment, god those places suck..

Lp5M62Z.gif

#1589 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

That's definitely a rough run man.

Without trying to sound like a cliche, things do tend to get better after a huge drop like that.

Your first serious relationship is going to hurt like a bitch when it ends and it's the same for everyone.

It's all you know so it's all you can imagine, but trust me when I say the ache slows down and fades away with time.

Which sounds like bullshit right now, I know.

Just do me a favour and keep fighting through all the bullshit you're dealing with right now.

If you don't come out the other side a stronger man you can come on here and call me an asshole.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#1590 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Affray, I appreciate you.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#1591 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

>I told her I needed her to come home because I knew I was going to hurt myself she just said 'I'm out with friends, I can't'. 

I have been on the receiving end of that phone call. I FUCKING WENT TO THEM. I can't BELIEVE she was just like.. "No." FUcking what.

>god those places suck..

My sister was in one for a while also on suicide watch. she told me some stories. Yes. Yes, they do suck. Frighteningly so.

I can't believe that you two had gotten to the point where you were planning marriage. I'm sorry for your pain, but jesus I'm glad you're not together. "I'm out with friends, I can't"? Fuck you hard, woman. You failed.

It's like... It wasn't even like she was just a friend or didn't know that you had shit you were dealing with and needed support!

I'm glad she's gone, dude. I know all about being someone who needs support and being with someone who needs it. It's a yes-or-no situation, and I'm sorry it took two years to find out that "no" was the answer.

Here, have a fucking stupid thing that I hope makes you feel a little better.

#1592 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Like I said, she did a lot of shit, but I wasnt excused from the shit dealing. I was depressed and did some pretty shit stuff that made her pull away. Granted I'm not trying to excuse her for blowing me off when I needed her, but it's also not like she's the only bad guy in this situation. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#1593 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

I believe you. We're all human and we all fuck up. Did you learn anything?

I hope things get better soon. Bottom line is you deserve to be happy.

#1594 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

I believe you. We're all human and we all fuck up. Did you learn anything?

I hope things get better soon. Bottom line is you deserve to be happy.

^

YOU DESERVE to be happy....  best line ever.  

I am sorry its been a bad bump, if you need to chat, need to have a few adult beverages, whatever..  I am only in ND.  if you EVER have thoughts of hurting yourself, I PM'd you my number.  I have lost friends...  one more is one too many.

#1595 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Thank you Grolli, I haven't lost any friends to this stuff but I can imagine it would be a horribly painful experience. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#1596 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

Ah my infamous Depression Thread. How art thee?

After a shitstorm of a year (Both my nan and cousin passing) I'm pleased to say that I'm finally in a good space :)

Just needed to keep myself distracted!!!! 

Work is good, morale is good.

Creativity has gone. No ladyfriend as of yet (only a matter of time)

But f*ckit!!!!!

I FEELLLLL GREEEAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!

Oh yeah and no drugs lately either :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#1597 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:45 AM

Glad to see you back, twentyfold glad to hear about the absence of drugs. Good to see ya, mate.

#1598 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:56 AM

Glad to see you back, twentyfold glad to hear about the absence of drugs. Good to see ya, mate.

XOXO

Been 2 long bud. Been 2 long!!!! 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#1599 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

Spoiler

#1600 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Spoiler

Is this something you've talked about with them?

Because sometimes things go unnoticed by one half of the equation, or life gets in the way and distracts them from a few of the important things.

Sometimes all it takes is a conversation and things can be righted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar