1682 replies to this topic

#481 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 20 December 2014 - 11:04 AM

5 years teaches you a lot about relationships. glad I coul give good advice.

Ginger, is the spice of life

#482 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Leefa-- 19 times out of 20, that's me in that situation. I have gotten very good at apologizing. It's taken us YEARS of both of us working on making me a better human being.

Soon as you realize you've said something stupid, stop. If you're hot because of an argument, cool off for a bit, and then apologize, talk, and most importantly, MOVE ON.

Actually, the hug at the end of it might be the most important bit, so don't forget that!

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#483 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:05 PM

Also, 550 pounds Rose?

What the fuck is his chair made from?

Aircraft struts?.

Yeah I don't know how the chair handles his weight either...
I'm not exaggerating, he does weigh that much, I'm surprised his bones and muscles allow him to walk around.

It concerns me.

Because I can...

#484 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:29 PM

I guess I'm more mad about it than depressed, but I thought sharing might help a bit so I can calm down and go to sleep.

It was surprisingly warm out today so I wore lighter clothing and a spring jacket when I went outside. The heat is usually pretty cranked up at the Super Walmart, so I left the jacket in my car when I reached that store. All I needed from there was some guinea pig food, so I thought I could just grab that and be in and out fast. Nope, someone decided to make a comment on how petite I am, which is nobody's fucking business. 

I just said "Yup, that's what happens when you have an un-treatable illness" and walked away. 

I'm seriously sick of how ever once and while that will happen. YOU DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ON SOMEONE'S WEIGHT. You never know why a person might be skinny or heavyset. My mom's weight ballooned after she had cancer. She does the best she can, but is still a bit on the chunky side. People are just so freaking rude. 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#485 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

Right, it's better to simply acknowledge their good features, if you feel the need to comment on their appearance.
“The exchange went unnoticed by the world, just one
other of many exchanges between a multitude of
strangers, acquaintances, friends, or enemies all around.”

#486 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:39 AM

If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. The only reason to make rude comments, is to be rude, or they simply don't care enough to think. Self absorption at its finest. There are a million idiots out there. If they can't even control what comes out of their mouth, then they need be no sweat off your back. No matter what is right or how good you've got it, there will always be someone saying something. Flick the "ant" and hold your head high!

#487 BloodPrince 2.0

BloodPrince 2.0

Megabyte

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:32 AM

Hear, hear! Elf is right, hold your head high. You deserve to feel your worth, you know.
“The exchange went unnoticed by the world, just one
other of many exchanges between a multitude of
strangers, acquaintances, friends, or enemies all around.”

#488 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 06:21 AM

It's because a skinny person at Wal-mart is an alien species.

#489 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:46 AM

I've been in a walmart once. Scored myself a longboard for cheap.

Then got chased away by a security guard for riding it in the parking lot. Good times.

Chances are they we're envious of your slim physique.

I would have simply replied, "Be jealous of my godlike, sexy figure...... mother fucker!!!"

And walked away with  my chin held high!!!!!

However I believe you are indeed a pacifist. 

Don't let em get to you I say. 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#490 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

I guess I'm more mad about it than depressed, but I thought sharing might help a bit so I can calm down and go to sleep.

It was surprisingly warm out today so I wore lighter clothing and a spring jacket when I went outside. The heat is usually pretty cranked up at the Super Walmart, so I left the jacket in my car when I reached that store. All I needed from there was some guinea pig food, so I thought I could just grab that and be in and out fast. Nope, someone decided to make a comment on how petite I am, which is nobody's fucking business. 

I just said "Yup, that's what happens when you have an un-treatable illness" and walked away. 

I'm seriously sick of how ever once and while that will happen. YOU DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ON SOMEONE'S WEIGHT. You never know why a person might be skinny or heavyset. My mom's weight ballooned after she had cancer. She does the best she can, but is still a bit on the chunky side. People are just so freaking rude. 

I imagine this person didn't think that pointing out how small you are would be considered a rude remark.

In a world where being overweight is pretty frowned upon, being the opposite is fairly widely considered a good thing.

I try not to sweat the small stuff like what someone might say to me without thinking it through.

Especially if it's hot out.

I can barely put together full sentences once it hits twenty degrees (Celsius) outside.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#491 Launch

Launch

Byte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:32 PM

"You're so small! You should eat more!" is rude in my opinion. 

I live in Minnesota. "Hot" during the winter for us is in the 40s. That's not warm enough to make someone stupid. 

mowing_zpsee914621.gif

#492 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, I'm with you. Just... don't. It's officially rude.

#493 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

"You're so small! You should eat more!" is rude in my opinion. 

I live in Minnesota. "Hot" during the winter for us is in the 40s. That's not warm enough to make someone stupid. 

Yeah that is a bit on the rude side.

I still stand by my don't let the little people ruffle your feathers bit.

People will be people and people are stupid.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#494 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

You get so used to someone being there. The kids aren't difficult, I raised them, that's not the struggle. It's when they are all asleep, and my house work is all done. I sit on the couch, and I'm alone.. My friends have families of their own that tend to, I have my side job. But it never fails. Every night I sit alone..

#495 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

You get so used to someone being there. The kids aren't difficult, I raised them, that's not the struggle. It's when they are all asleep, and my house work is all done. I sit on the couch, and I'm alone.. My friends have families of their own that tend to, I have my side job. But it never fails. Every night I sit alone..

That definitely is no fun Elf, and I know that I speak for everyone here when I say we would all gladly come sit on your couch and keep you company through the hardship. Though we can't quite do that, what we can do is hold your metaphorical hand through the channels of the internet while you sit on our couch, right here on the forum, or possibly in our mind's eyes. I don't quite have the logistics worked out yet, but you catch my drift.

You are not alone Elf.

Not while we are around.

Those might seem like hollow words from a faceless man on the internet, but believe me when I say that I mean every word of it.

#496 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thank you Affray. The kids are down, the chores are done and I'm gonna drown the sadness with music, tons of sappy, love songs. I'm also gonna roll me a friend and hope it's memory loss effects works.

#497 Rejected

Rejected

Megabyte

• Banned
  • 453 posts
  • Locationhttp://www.crackhackforum.com/user-54122.html

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:11 PM

this thread became popular, that's cool

a lot of sadness going on.

Cheer up people :P

tumblr_my2mijmVhL1rb06tgo1_500.gif

#498 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

I want a girlfriend dammit. ._. But I'm the only gay person for miles. Argh I'm going crazy.

Though I do think you have it worse, Elfin. It IS really hard to be alone. But there will always be that random person that comes, and you'll find some other person that's way better than the last. I hope you get lucky and find him soon. :P

tumblr_n98h1pNiU71qkw2uho1_500.gif

#499 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

I want a girlfriend dammit. ._. But I'm the only gay person for miles. Argh I'm going crazy.

Though I do think you have it worse, Elfin. It IS really hard to be alone. But there will always be that random person that comes, and you'll find some other person that's way better than the last. I hope you get lucky and find him soon. :P

Being alone isn't your problem.  It's not wanting to be alone this very moment that is your current problem.

I have become loosey-goosey since I realized the medication I took for a decade gave me a crippling anxiety disorder that wasn't fully discovered until I finally decided to stop taking it.

Shit's fucked up, bro, but life goes on and always gets better from a progress standpoint.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#500 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

I'm not sure if you're quoting me to talk about me or elfin, but I guess that is the problem for me.

I  hate being alone. I just hate it, but it's hard to make any friends irl because I get too nervous and shy to talk to anyone for very long. I used to be wonderful, but made the wrong friends. Now, I can barely converse with a person without getting stressed out and nervous. I just want someone to be with, that'll actually love me :(

tumblr_n98h1pNiU71qkw2uho1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar