1682 replies to this topic

#321 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

I popped onto  Cheezburger for two seconds.

Saw a comic about putting down a dog.

Currently fighting urge to throw self in front of a bus.

The thought of leaving my boyfriend alone in the world is literally the only thing that keeps me alive sometimes. That's become more true in the last three years exponentially each after the last.

God fucking dammit, guys.

A single thread holding you in this world can do so infallibly if it is strong enough and you really, really want to hold on to it.

And if you hold on long enough you will find other threads that you want to hold on to.

Then before you realise it you will have hold of a rope made of all things strong and important in your life.

Things may seem very bleak and hopeless, but given enough time, perspective and fortitude even the most terrible of life situations can be overcome and left behind.

You have a group of friends here who are willing to throw their hearts and minds at your feet in times of peril, but if you ever need some one on one you are more than welcome to PM me.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#322 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

<3

Cheers, Affray. I know.

One of the things that I've been struggling with is that I used to have a rope, and the threads have nearly all been cut. I have two friends outside Internet Land, and the one I'm geographically closer to is the one I'm not as emotionally close to.

I'm 28 for fuck's sake; isn't shit supposed to have settled down by now? I have my shit less together than when I was like, 19.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#323 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

Structure comes and goes for the most part.

I too am sort of in a weird limbo in a lot of ways right now and it is entirely disconcerting.

I try to maintain a higher thinking and accept that sometimes shit just doesn't work out for stretches of time and I can't always do anything about it, but sooner or later a thing or two will fall back in to place and I can make some headway toward fulfilment.

Though I may not have intimate knowledge of your problems and emotional state, I am fully aware of the human spirit and its ability to bully through nearly any situation and come out the other side stronger for it.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#324 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

Cheers.

Is this an early-30s thing, or an our generation thing, you think? (Also, iirc, we're approximately the same age, but I'm not positive.)

#325 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

I think it is a human thing.

Most of us strive for comfort and a strong foundation and start to wig out a bit when we don't have that by a certain point in our life.

It hits everyone at different times I think, but the late twenties-early thirties seems to be the norm for when people take a step back and notice that they may not have everything they want within immediate grasp. It seems to be the time when friends and others our own age start having kids, getting married, buying houses and networking with others in their same boat that it all sort of becomes apparent.

And I am 26, so yeah we are fairly close to the same age.

#326 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

There's "not having everything within immediate reach" and then there's "we were cold and hungry last Winter because we had no money and no food."

I know that part of my problem is that I'm afraid of the impending Winter and worried that it will be like last year. I'm still not permanently employed, though in MUCH better standing than I was last year.

#327 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

There's "not having everything within immediate reach" and then there's "we were cold and hungry last Winter because we had no money and no food."

I know that part of my problem is that I'm afraid of the impending Winter and worried that it will be like last year. I'm still not permanently employed, though in MUCH better standing than I was last year.

That is a tough spot, and now that you mentioned it I do remember you talking about that situation a while back.

Worrying about the future is sort of normal human activity, especially if the past was as rough as it has been in your case.

But if you are in a better (even if only slightly) financial situation than previously then that is at the very least a good start toward getting to where you need to be.

#328 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Good things will always happen, just sometimes not in the way you expect. Keep your head high, and know that maybe someday you'll be a millionare with everything you wish for and more.

tumblr_n98h1pNiU71qkw2uho1_500.gif

#329 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Goddamn upvote quota.

#330 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

Haha. Be happy, or I'll punch you! jk jk. :P

#331 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

You guys are awesome. <3

#332 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

You guys are awesome. <3

That street goes both ways my friend.

#333 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:42 PM

Whelp. I screwed up. Big time.

I've loved this guy for a VERY long time now, and I have been in mystery to if he likes me back. It was eating my brain out,causing me a lot of stress, so I decided to call him, since I trusted him enough to do so. He hung up on me.

The guy that I've always wanted to be happy, and always trusted, hung up on me. On purpose, too.

I would always want him to be happy, but why can't he be happy with me?

Later then, I figured out he was smitten with my best friend...

Love isn't supposed to hurt this freakin' much...

#334 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Ohh, Sin. That sucks. I wish I could offer something helpful in terms of advice, but that just sucks.

#335 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

I think that's just it though, in that sort of all too common situation there is nothing you can do to console the affected party. It's one of those things that only time and distance heals and it's easier said than done.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#336 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:34 AM

Start wearing his skin. Then you'll always be with him.

#337 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

One, that is extremely creepy.

Two, Thanks anyways. That was oddly comforting?

Three, I know I'll have to get over it. I just felt like having a pity party for a night.

All that matters is that he's happy, even if I'm sad because it isn't with me.

Yay, Problem solved.

#338 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

And ice cream. And watch Edward Scissorhands. For some reason, that movie is the perfect tragic catharsis for me.

#339 Sophientis

Sophientis

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationInside my room

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

lol. I'll have ramen and soda.

And I'll play Skyrim for the first time ever.

Perfect... :lol:

#340 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Yeah! Totally! Go explore a new world!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression, sadness, confused, rob$tar