• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michaelpotte

michaelpotte

Bit

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Anyone here play ony racers on PC? I used to play Dirt on the PC and modded many new skins for the cars, that was awesome.

I play racers on the PS3 mostly now but I am looking for a newish PC racer that allows car modding so you can out your own custom logos etc on the cars...

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:37 PM

I think the last one I played on PC was Need for Speed: Shift.
I never spent the money on a decent wheel, and don't really have the room for one anyways so it's very hard for me to play driving games.
nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Chukkzy

Chukkzy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

I only play new games on my PC so that goes for racing games... Dirt 3 is fun but I don't know if it allows modding (I think the huge games by EA and others are lots more restrictive about modding oppertunities than they were in the old days). For classics, I think you can mod Flatout 2 quite easy as I heard, did not try it but there is an online community dedicated to it (Just stay away from the newest Flatout, I hear its total shit).

It would be cool if there was an Indie racing game with level editor like in the old days. (Actually I am not sure if Trackmania 2 supports editing, Trackmania 1 did).

My fav racing game still is Burnout Paradise I think, I hope Criterion will make a new Burnout some day.
Posted Image

#4 saherboy

saherboy

Byte

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

I prefer EA Racing games
generally Need For Speed series
i like using Play Station 2 ( old but still useful for me )
never think to have wheel, it costs some extra money ;)
i have a lot of time playing racing and soccer games on my PC

#5 Chukkzy

Chukkzy

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Hot Pursuit is pretty cool, though technically a bit questionable.
Posted Image