31 replies to this topic

#21 Spidermonkey

Spidermonkey

Byte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

I gave up playing this game once I went back to school (thank god cause I had over 380 hours put in...)

I played as a cat lady, two handed sword. I wore a bear hat on a horse and it made me crack up every time. I def won't be getting into the online game, that's for sure.

#22 gr3yh4m3

gr3yh4m3

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I play on PC as well.

Like Spleen, my character's a sneaky (wood-elven) archer, who has a knack for 'borrowing' things to sell. Named Lenwe Telrunya... from a LOTR name generator.. gosh I'm a nerd. But then again, that's why I'm here I suppose.

How do you build houses?

elmo-o.gif

#23 Big_Willie_Styles

Big_Willie_Styles

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • LocationInside my mind

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

I got the Game of the Year edition for PS3.  It's cool but I haven't played it much.

Grinding is what always turned off to these kind of games.  Also, Sips' LP of it is funny.

"The Curious Task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."

#24 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

I never really thought of Skyrim as a grindy game. Maybe I just play too much WoW.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#25 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:08 PM

Oblivion is a very grindy game if you want to make sure you get the maximum possible attribute points each level.

I would say Skyrim is a random quest heavy game, I always end up forgetting my big quests because I'm busy with doing the 20 quests I get when I go about finishing one quest.

#26 Matty_poo

Matty_poo

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 770 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

I played it straight the first time, and now I'm playing it super modded.

Mighty horse rocks, he rocks the fat ass. 

youtube.com/Geekcitypodcast

soundcloud.com/newgeekcity

#27 thefuturebatman

thefuturebatman

Byte

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

i have a Nord Warrior who uses mainly a Eleven bow but is also good with a skyforge steel sword/greatsword. 

i lve how in skyrim you can just go and mess around for hours. i spent a solid five hours hunting all the giants and mammoths around Whiterun waiting for them to respawn and then hunting them again. i came up with a great strategy for killing them. i ride my horse up to them, hit them with the bow as much as i can while running away towards the tower where the first dragon was, i cant remember the name. then i let the whiterun guards and the giants duke it out for a while till all the guards or giants are dead. i kill who ever is left and then head back to whiterun to sell all the armour from the guards and the goodies i got from the giants. 

#28 AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

AliceInTheHoleWithRabbits

Byte

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSão Paulo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

I have several saves, actually. A khajiit, an argonian and two imperials (one of them I managed to get a full Daedra armor and weapons). However, in none of them I completed the Stone of Barenziah quest  :( 

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:16 PM

I always complete the stones of Barenziah quest.

I have an impossible to resist compulsion to gather every bit or loot and trinkets I can get my hands on, and that perk makes me very happy whilst I sit chin deep in my gem room.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#30 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:02 PM

I have several saves, actually. A khajiit, an argonian and two imperials (one of them I managed to get a full Daedra armor and weapons). However, in none of them I completed the Stone of Barenziah quest  :(

I've never completed that quest either. I only have a couple different saves. My boyfriend on the other hand has so many saves and has found each one so many times that he's memorized all their locations. He has tried to tell me where they all are but I refuse because I'm stubborn and want to find them all myself.

Check out my blog https://mygeekygirllife.wordpress.com/

Check out my photography on instagram @thegeeklifeblog

#31 Boo

Boo

Byte

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

Skyrim!!!  :D 

I have so many characters that it's stupid and they each serve their own purpose. One character I have for the sole purpose of uber-leveling him to the point of godhood. He's a Nord and I used the Conan the Barbarian formula that is all over the web. I named him King Conan and he specializes in, well, everything. He is Dragonborn, sublime thief, master assassin, seasoned warrior, and a mighty mage to boot. I know Conan never used magic but that's not the point. I use him for nothing more than the thrill of power leveling and smashing my enemies by any means that strikes my fancy. Once I get him to level 100, I'm going to use my contact in Riften to change his face and make him appear older with wrinkles and gray hair. When all is said and done, he'll have more money than the Empire, a house in every available location, and treasure out the wazoo. Why? Because Conan, that's why.

And then I have a few character who I've made for various purposes of making the game more challenging beyond just raising the difficulty. Like gimping, I suppose. Some rules I like to abide by are those like No Gold (I can collect all the gold I want but I can't use it to buy anything and so any potions I use I must make or find and the same goes for armor and weapons) and then I even have some more strict rules such as my orc who I will not allow to loot armor from anyone who is not a Nord, Imperial, or another orc. After all, how would heavy armor on a wood elf fit on an orc? I even have a mage whom I've determined has a phobia of "medicine" and so she refuses to drink potions and can only recover health by eating food (she also does not eat alchemical ingredients and so I've taken to referring to this as the Glutton rule). Needless to say, she does a lot of cooking as you'd be surprised by some of the benefits you can get from prepared meals such as veggie soup. I even have a high elf who focuses on two-handed, alteration (no armor), conjuration, and enchanting (needless to say, he does a lot of prep before battle). One of his preps is that he NEVER goes in to battle without first consuming alcohol and the only way he ever recovers fatigue is by consuming more alcohol. Needless to say he goes through a lot as swinging that giant hammer really wears him down and the side-effect of alcohol is crappy stamina regeneration. At first I called him a Drunken Hammer Mage but now I've taken to just calling him my Hammered Mage. Most of these characters though are optimized for the purposes of making the game more challenging and so I have to approach each one with strategy in mind as opposed to playing to my favorite skills. 

And then I have those character whom I straight role play with. Making the game more or less challenging comes and goes depending on the character as I never "gimp" myself for purposes of gameplay but rather play my character a certain way based on the story I've built for them. Such as my "paladin" who despises the undead and has a fascination with the dwemer so she collects everything she can from books to artifacts and even random junk. She has even taken up smithing on the side in the hopes that she will some day be able to make (and enchant) her own dwemer armor. I follow a few rules to make them game more "realistic" but I don't go to the extreme. I limit my fast travel use but will never opt out of it completely. It really comes down to on-the-moment judgement calls. As a paladin, she uses a mace, a shield, heavy armor, and restoration spells to heal and repel undead. She also uses conjuration but never raises an undead or summons a dremora but rather sticks to the three atronachs (usually the fire atronach). But when she is exploring dwemer ruins (it's her "hobby"), she replaces her mace and shield with a two-handed warhammer and her trusty crossbow.

Last but not least, I have a few character whom I've made based off of some of my favorite characters found in fiction. So far I only have three and they call come from the mind of R.A. Salvatore. Obould Many-Arrows (an orc king), Harkle Harpell (a werewolf-wizard), and Artemis Entreri (a master assassin with an enchanted, life-stealing dagger). I just wish there was a way to work his magical crown in there which is able to shoot fireballs. I've been considering making a certain famous archer......

*takes a breath* And I'm done!

#32 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Skyrim!!!  :D 

I have so many characters that it's stupid and they each serve their own purpose. One character I have for the sole purpose of uber-leveling him to the point of godhood. He's a Nord and I used the Conan the Barbarian formula that is all over the web. I named him King Conan and he specializes in, well, everything. He is Dragonborn, sublime thief, master assassin, seasoned warrior, and a mighty mage to boot. I know Conan never used magic but that's not the point. I use him for nothing more than the thrill of power leveling and smashing my enemies by any means that strikes my fancy. Once I get him to level 100, I'm going to use my contact in Riften to change his face and make him appear older with wrinkles and gray hair. When all is said and done, he'll have more money than the Empire, a house in every available location, and treasure out the wazoo. Why? Because Conan, that's why.

And then I have a few character who I've made for various purposes of making the game more challenging beyond just raising the difficulty. Like gimping, I suppose. Some rules I like to abide by are those like No Gold (I can collect all the gold I want but I can't use it to buy anything and so any potions I use I must make or find and the same goes for armor and weapons) and then I even have some more strict rules such as my orc who I will not allow to loot armor from anyone who is not a Nord, Imperial, or another orc. After all, how would heavy armor on a wood elf fit on an orc? I even have a mage whom I've determined has a phobia of "medicine" and so she refuses to drink potions and can only recover health by eating food (she also does not eat alchemical ingredients and so I've taken to referring to this as the Glutton rule). Needless to say, she does a lot of cooking as you'd be surprised by some of the benefits you can get from prepared meals such as veggie soup. I even have a high elf who focuses on two-handed, alteration (no armor), conjuration, and enchanting (needless to say, he does a lot of prep before battle). One of his preps is that he NEVER goes in to battle without first consuming alcohol and the only way he ever recovers fatigue is by consuming more alcohol. Needless to say he goes through a lot as swinging that giant hammer really wears him down and the side-effect of alcohol is crappy stamina regeneration. At first I called him a Drunken Hammer Mage but now I've taken to just calling him my Hammered Mage. Most of these characters though are optimized for the purposes of making the game more challenging and so I have to approach each one with strategy in mind as opposed to playing to my favorite skills. 

And then I have those character whom I straight role play with. Making the game more or less challenging comes and goes depending on the character as I never "gimp" myself for purposes of gameplay but rather play my character a certain way based on the story I've built for them. Such as my "paladin" who despises the undead and has a fascination with the dwemer so she collects everything she can from books to artifacts and even random junk. She has even taken up smithing on the side in the hopes that she will some day be able to make (and enchant) her own dwemer armor. I follow a few rules to make them game more "realistic" but I don't go to the extreme. I limit my fast travel use but will never opt out of it completely. It really comes down to on-the-moment judgement calls. As a paladin, she uses a mace, a shield, heavy armor, and restoration spells to heal and repel undead. She also uses conjuration but never raises an undead or summons a dremora but rather sticks to the three atronachs (usually the fire atronach). But when she is exploring dwemer ruins (it's her "hobby"), she replaces her mace and shield with a two-handed warhammer and her trusty crossbow.

Last but not least, I have a few character whom I've made based off of some of my favorite characters found in fiction. So far I only have three and they call come from the mind of R.A. Salvatore. Obould Many-Arrows (an orc king), Harkle Harpell (a werewolf-wizard), and Artemis Entreri (a master assassin with an enchanted, life-stealing dagger). I just wish there was a way to work his magical crown in there which is able to shoot fireballs. I've been considering making a certain famous archer......

*takes a breath* And I'm done!

Oh my God, the new dude's chatty.

Anyone else ever did the unarmed thing where you disenchant the glove that adds damage to your unarmed based on heavy armor value? It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Gloves of the pugilist, I looked it up.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video games, skyrim