31 replies to this topic

#1 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Anybody play Skyrim here? It is one of my favorite games. If you do play, what's your character build?

I'm currently using a high elf. She currently uses a Ebony War Axe and for distance kills a Dragonbone Bow. I haven't really used magic with her at all. Just an occasional shout or two.

Check out my blog https://mygeekygirllife.wordpress.com/

Check out my photography on instagram @thegeeklifeblog

#2 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

My dwarven mage duel wields shields.

Haven't played Skyrim since the last add-on for the xbox came out. The mods for the PC look amazing, but I never use my computer for anything but writing and anime. That needs to change.

In seriousness, I always played Breton mage. Get enchanting up to 100 then make destuction magic free. Fireballs, lightning storm, blizzards, I like hurt-magic best. And for some reason I loved the building a house and having a family add on. I'd go on adventures then bring my little girls pies. Was oddly fufilling.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#3 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

My dwarven mage duel wields shields.

Haven't played Skyrim since the last add-on for the xbox came out. The mods for the PC look amazing, but I never use my computer for anything but writing and anime. That needs to change.

In seriousness, I always played Breton mage. Get enchanting up to 100 then make destuction magic free. Fireballs, lightning storm, blizzards, I like hurt-magic best. And for some reason I loved the building a house and having a family add on. I'd go on adventures then bring my little girls pies. Was oddly fufilling.

I love building houses also. I just started building my second one not too long ago. I gave my kids the wooden swords. It's funny to watch them play with those. My little girl also adopted a fox, not going to lie, that thing creeps me out a little bit. It breathes weird.  The mods for the PC do look pretty cool but I don't think the computer I have right now would be able to run Skyrim lmao I've been playing it on the xbox for about 6 months now. My High Elf is at lvl 47 and she's mainly used for one handed combat. I'm trying to find all the quests I can and complete them. I've barely touched the main quest line at all. lol

#4 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Phew, I haven't played Skyrim since its release.

iirc my characters were all Breton Mages, and werewolves of course.

I had fun with the main story, but the sidequests never really seemed to interest me. Eventually it was just me dicking around with the enchanting glitches to make godlike toons >.>

Some of the sidequests have been my favorite. I loved doing the Dark Brotherhood stuff and then there was the Alice in Wonderland world like quest deal and also the one that involved the talking dog. I didn't really like being a werewolf, it was kind of annoyance sometimes, to me at least. Currently I'm a vampire but that's just to get through the quests that require me to be one. As soon as I can go back to just being an elf I'm going to.

#5 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

I play an Argianian (or however you spell it) named Skakmat the 6th, and my story behind the character is that they are actually not Argianian at all but a descendant of the last known dragon Skakmat. So they are n't dragonborn at all! Just a dragon.

Usually play as either a rogue or a spellcaster, whichever tickles my fancy at the time.

#6 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

I play an Argianian (or however you spell it) named Skakmat the 6th, and my story behind the character is that they are actually not Argianian at all but a descendant of the last known dragon Skakmat. So they are n't dragonborn at all! Just a dragon.

Usually play as either a rogue or a spellcaster, whichever tickles my fancy at the time.

I really like the story behind your character. Never thought about that before for mine but I might have to do so now.

#7 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

I always loved coming out with backstories for why they were in prison. I believe my last Oblivion character was suppose to be in there for running a black soul gem market.

#8 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

I haven't played since before the first expansion sadly. I might have to take a look at the updates.

I had a Nord that wielded a big ass two handed mace with lightning damage attached. There's a screenshot around here somewhere of my first dragon kill scene with it, and it's just me smashing his head in.

I also had a Brenton(?) sneaky archer with a passion for stealing anything that wasn't bolted down. I killed so many giants and mammoths with her too. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#9 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

I haven't played since before the first expansion sadly. I might have to take a look at the updates.

I had a Nord that wielded a big ass two handed mace with lightning damage attached. There's a screenshot around here somewhere of my first dragon kill scene with it, and it's just me smashing his head in.

I also had a Brenton(?) sneaky archer with a passion for stealing anything that wasn't bolted down. I killed so many giants and mammoths with her too. 

The expansions are good. They added a lot to the game.

#10 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Just realized this is in the console section. I should note that I play the PC version. 

What are some high points of the expansions that might not have been available mods?

nmjUGDL.jpg

#11 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Just realized this is in the console section. I should note that I play the PC version. 

What are some high points of the expansions that might not have been available mods?

What's the expansion that you already have? PC version isn't really any different from console besides controls and graphics.

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

None.

Through modding though, I had more weapons, more homes, larger landmasses, etc. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 ageekygirllikeme

ageekygirllikeme

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

None.

Through modding though, I had more weapons, more homes, larger landmasses, etc. 

Well there's the Hearthfire DLC that lets you build houses and adopt children. I believe you can get up to three plots of land with three houses. You build them from scratch having to buy or find supplies. The children you adopt can bring you special items from time to time.

There's the Dawnguard add on which adds more places to explore and you choose sides between the Dawnguard which are Vampire hunters or becoming a Vampire. (I chose to become a vampire, the quest line is really cool. And you can cure vampirism) This add on brings a whole new amount of weapons, armor, magic and abilities for vampires and werewolfs.

Finally there's the Dragonborn add on. This adds another world to explore, it's a large island called Solsthiem. The Black Books are here which is a whole new quest line and can give you really cool abilities. The best part of the quest line is getting the ability to ride on the backs of dragons.

#14 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Building a house from scratch would be pretty cool. I had an adopted dog, not sure if I'd want little video game kids running around. >.>

I remember the Vampire blood addon in Morrowind was a ton of fun, that's something I'm interested in.

I'll have to see what they run on steam.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#15 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

The better question is who doesn't play Skyrim.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#16 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

I remember when I got skyrim for my birthday. About 5 solid hours of gameplay that day. Was simply in awe. Especially the first time I came across labrynthian. I've stuck by my Redguard throughout who utilizes heavy armour and two-handed weapons. However I've still levelled him up to 100 in one-handed among other things and right now my goal is getting 100 destruction while in Solstheim.

#17 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

Spleen, it should be mentioned that Solstime is the island from the Bloodmoon expansion of Morrowind. It looks like Morrowind on the southern side, all ashy and volcanoie.

I'm starting a new character, damn yer eyes.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#18 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

I do, on the pc.

I am without for now but as soon as I'm able I plan to rack up quite a few hours again.

I do heavily mod it, mostly for characters and the night sky.

I miss my nebulas.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#19 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Spleen, it should be mentioned that Solstime is the island from the Bloodmoon expansion of Morrowind. It looks like Morrowind on the southern side, all ashy and volcanoie.

I'm starting a new character, damn yer eyes.

I thought the name sounded familiar. >.>

nmjUGDL.jpg

#20 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

I'm not really a fan of mods to be honest. Of course I am a console gamer at heart.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video games, skyrim