• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

If vampires existed, would the laws of marriage change? Could a vampire marry a human? What happens if the vampire was bitten at the same age as their partner, but in reality has lived hundreds of years more than the person they're marrying? What happens if it was the opposite? What happens if the vampire was bitten when they were a child, but have lived as long as their partner?  Are vampires a different species than humans? Is it a disease? I need these questions to be answered!

#2 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Well considering you are asking about a theoretical situation that is fiction it is really up to you whether they are a difference species or if it is a disease.

According to the Elder Scrolls games it is a disease, but I'm sure in other things they are a species.

I think this is relevant:

http://en.wikipedia....rooke_Greenberg

#3 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

Well considering you are asking about a theoretical situation that is fiction it is really up to you whether they are a difference species or if it is a disease.

According to the Elder Scrolls games it is a disease, but I'm sure in other things they are a species.

As for the rest of your questions I think this is relevant:

http://en.wikipedia....rooke_Greenberg

Okay, I guess vampire mythology isn't consistent, but the other questions remained unanswered!

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

If vampires existed, I think there would have been a rights movement years and years ago and they would have the same privileges that we do, save maybe some rule or other about blood consumption.

#5 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Would it still be Til death do them part?

nmjUGDL.jpg

#6 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Would it still be Til death do them part?

No, if you marry as a vampire, you are committed to that person forever. Forever