41 replies to this topic

#21 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Christmas is whatever you make it. I try to make it about warms, fuzzies and good vibes, but you could make it all about the munny, coins and rupees.

'Kay, we're friends now.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#22 RespawningEnemy

RespawningEnemy

Megabyte

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

Well, you see, I make Christmas warm and fuzzy, but I make Valentine's Day heartless and painful.

I guess every holiday is what you make it.

#23 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:05 PM

I make Easter about murdering innocents.

Well in a way it kinda was but I took it to a new level and I'm proud of that.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#24 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

You don't even want to SEE what I do for St. George's Day.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#25 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

My parents love to spoil my sister and I on Christmas, but the past couple years I get more fun out of seeing my family open gifts I got for them.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Whether it's a personal gift or something pricey they wanted but couldn't quite get themselves, it's much more exciting to give good gifts than it is to get them.

#26 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 26 November 2016 - 10:00 PM

I love the holidays

Ginger, is the spice of life

#27 Photography Raptor

Photography Raptor

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

I never cared about the holidays. I always kept to myself during them. Now that I'm in a relationship though, I do the whole holiday spirit. If someone else enjoys them I'm not going to poop on their good time. I do however have my limits.

#28 Noir

Noir

Megabyte

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:55 AM

I love Christmas, but also hate it. It's nice seeing my friend get really excited. It's adorable. I love the fairs. The lights. It's great.

What's not fun is getting taxis. A fare and a half. Long waiting times in the cold. No public transport? No.

8Kd33GJ.gif

'Cause I know, 
I'll kill my enemies,
When they come.

#29 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:08 AM

I have never been fond of Christmas, even when I was little.

I don't like to be around large groups of people, especially when they are all overly excited to see me just because this is the one day this year that everyone suddenly matters to everyone.

Having to turn in to fucking Batman to figure out what gift is best suited for everyone, wishing you were fucking Batman just so you can afford to get presents that aren't shit, getting nonsense gifts from people that you put in a cupboard somewhere until it gets thrown out five years from later, Christmas decorations on every inch of the world from Halloween until New Year, Christmas music (which I loathe on the same level as I do country) all up in my shit from half way through November until New year, and the fucking snow. I love snow, but not when I have to load everyone in to a vehicle and risk lives trekking through a goddamn Canadian blizzard along side every other moron doing the same, just to get to the place where all those people are that I don't care to be friendly with.

Then when all that shit is settling down and immediately after January first it all starts again with Valentines Day.

Where men are expected to be charming and romantic because it sells jewelry and flowers.

It may be Grinchy as fuck, but I just can't get behind any of it.

Once the glamour of it all melts away and you see Christmas for what it really is there isn't any going back.

I will be quiet about it when I have kids so that they aren't traumatised any earlier than they need to be, but the nag will always be there.

Oh, and of course every person that I reveal this point of view to because I am visibly uncomfortable (excluding the internet) immediately pegs me as a dick who "Just needs to get in to the holiday spirit and stop being a Grinch.).

So, Christmas is not pretty lights and hot cocoa for me.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#30 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

I think holidays are what you make of it. I'm very romantic, so I like being the one who does the surprises and cutie stuff. I don't think there needs to be a day, but it's fun and I don't think it's about spending money on flowers and jewelry. I think it's about making your special someone feel special on a special day. Christmas for me is just full of tradition for me. I love decorating and community service. Baking, donating. I think people change how they see things because of the way other see or do things. You never have to buy stuff and fake stuff. It's about enjoying the season and most people find joy in tradition and you can always make your own.

#31 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:30 AM

I think holidays are what you make of it. I'm very romantic, so I like being the one who does the surprises and cutie stuff. I don't think there needs to be a day, but it's fun and I don't think it's about spending money on flowers and jewelry. I think it's about making your special someone feel special on a special day. Christmas for me is just full of tradition for me. I love decorating and community service. Baking, donating. I think people change how they see things because of the way other see or do things. You never have to buy stuff and fake stuff. It's about enjoying the season and most people find joy in tradition and you can always make your own.

If only everyone was on the same page as you.

Sadly most are not.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#32 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:39 AM

Well I don't let other people ruin things for me. I have one life (or maybe more) and no one is going to change how I want special things. I can only control myself and I'm raising little humans. I want them to see me as an example and learning that is important. If I want holidays to be special only I can do that. Cutting down a Christmas tree, decorating the house and ginger bread cookies for santa is just part of it. We also clean out the clutter and donate our things to homeless shelters and buy new coats. It's a tradition and that's how the holiday spirit is spread. By not letting the grinch spoil Christmas.

#33 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:06 PM

I don't stop other people from doing their Christmas thing, I just don't want anything to do with it.

I just try year round to be the person that everyone turns in to for Christmas.

#34 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:07 PM

^^^ totally hear ya!

#35 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

WHO REVIVED THIS THREAD???? >:-(

My inner Grinch is resurfacing....

tumblr_inline_mfnpkg5vCV1rqb22e.gif

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#36 Elfie

Elfie

Goddess

• Members
  • 1,972 posts
  • LocationThe land of Oz

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

Oh, get in the holiday spirit!! Pretty sure it was me

#37 fae

fae

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,329 posts
  • LocationOver the hills, where the seven dwarfs dwell

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

I think christmas is annoying.
I do like winter though..

Et j'aime la nuit écouter les étoiles. C'est comme cinq cent millions de grelots. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#38 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:11 AM

I must say that our Xmas is a lot different from most of you guys. For one, it's bloody hot here.

Xmas = Flies,drought and heat related migraines.

Xmas eve is so hot that it's hard to get to sleep, sweating balls.

The best present though on Xmas morning is a bloody fan. LOL 

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#39 Bestmand902

Bestmand902

Megabyte

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationThere, Inside your mind...

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:12 AM

I must say that our Xmas is a lot different from most of you guys. For one, it's bloody hot here.

Xmas = Flies,drought and heat related migraines.

Xmas eve is so hot that it's hard to get to sleep, sweating balls.

The best present though on Xmas morning is a bloody fan. LOL 

I see why you call it Xmas.

Is it because you're so CROSS about it?

2pphi03.gif

#40 m1splacedSan1ty

m1splacedSan1ty

Byte

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:14 AM

People are stupid around Christmas. I too have worked the Retail route and this is my first year not having to spend all my holidays away from family. Retail will make you hate people and holidays. 

As far as when you're young and its fun and a big fuckoff. Christmas is indeed what you make it though retail makes thee bitter. My problem is all the "christians" shoving beliefs down your throat about good will then they turn around and flip you off/run you down because you're going too slow at <shopping place>.

lack of priorities I guess

I have lots of reasons for not liking this time of year though....

LIKE WHY IS THE SNOW A LIE!

and why all the Christmas music is written by people who have snow....

CONSPIRACIES MAN