26 replies to this topic

#21 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well the thing is I'm a vegetarian and I always get crap for it because apparently they knew this one vegetarian who was preachy. But in all my years I've never met a single preachy vegetarian, so I always figure these horror stories about people getting upset over silly things are second hand regurgitation of a non-existent menace.

Not to mention that if your so called source is an internet encounter there is nothing to keep the person from just being a poser specifically being an ass out of some prejudice and hoping to convert a few more people.

#Poe's Law

#22 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

Have encountered overly fussy label people in real life, does happen.  I don't blame them, I'm sure they have plenty of shit to put up with living their lifestyles with the assholes in this world, but there are people that get pissy over rather insignificant label things sometimes.

#23 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:20 PM

Have encountered overly fussy label people in real life, does happen.  I don't blame them, I'm sure they have plenty of shit to put up with living their lifestyles with the assholes in this world, but there are people that get pissy over rather insignificant label things sometimes.

This.

People are bloody insane when it comes to that sort of thing, and now everyone is terrified of offending everyone, so it's come down to a why-bother attitude.

I'm male. My sexuality is pretty fluid; I tend to just stick a "bisexual" label on because it saves time. All I bloody ask is to be a "he", which is too much for some people.

And for the record, I was Person B.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#24 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Gol,

Your girlfriend sounds brilliant. I bet that we'd get along. Hell, I bet the three of us would be good mates.

Semi-relatedly: is there a word for someone who likes gender-benders? I am horribly attracted to people like Annie Lennox, David Bowie, etc.

... we had a person at my house who, basically, looked and dressed like a guy(maybe a gay guy), but a guy.  Pants, men's shirt, men's jacket, short hair, blah blah.  BUUUUT that person then got very offended when I referred to them as a him.

I've heard of people like her. My frank opinion is that she has no business being offended, especially if it's the first time meeting someone, or they're just making a mistake. I just... What? I can't get offended at anyone if they're honestly trying. How can I ask for more, really?

#25 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Gol,

Your girlfriend sounds brilliant. I bet that we'd get along. Hell, I bet the three of us would be good mates.

Semi-relatedly: is there a word for someone who likes gender-benders? I am horribly attracted to people like Annie Lennox, David Bowie, etc.

I've heard of people like her. My frank opinion is that she has no business being offended, especially if it's the first time meeting someone, or they're just making a mistake. I just... What? I can't get offended at anyone if they're honestly trying. How can I ask for more, really?

We probably would ^^; come visit me when I go to the USA next month haha!

I think there actually is a term of its own actually, but I'd put it under the pan/ bi label. I've always thought guys with girly stereotypes are really damn cute; if they're short, sweet, a little high pitched, have a long fringe and/or are skinny, well hnng. It's funny coz my taste in women is entirely different from my taste in men. X3 I guess that'd come under something similar though?

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#26 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

I also love bitchy, catty men. Lucius Malfoy and Bob (Dresden Files [TV]) top my list. They kill me.

#27 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Hehe, guys~

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.