• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 I'mANerdAndProud

I'mANerdAndProud

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

I suck. Not a sexual reference, just, I suck as a human being.

I've been sitting here thinking, that, if I think about it, I suck as a human being.

I'm good at academic things, which I'm thankful for, but psychical things, I suck.

It all started, last month, when I was doing a course, where we get to do various psychical things, such as rock climbing, archery etc.

And I sucked at them.

I was no good at rock climbing, or archery, climbing up a wall with them little blobs sticking out or ferreting, or a peculiar activity where you have to get on top of a rock, and slide down, while the rest of the group has to catch you, I freaked out, and took 20 mins to do it or where you have to run and climb up a hill, I took 24 secs, while the others took 10-11 secs.

Getting a harness on to rock climb, or follow simple instructions, I  sucked at.

Even the group activities where you have to do challenges and stuff, I sucked and was no good at them. 

So, all this outweighs the things I'm good at, which means I am a loser.

I keep hearing sayings like 'only the strongest will survive', which leads me to my question, as obviously a weaker specimen, am I screwed?

#2 I'mANerdAndProud

I'mANerdAndProud

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm looking at my spelling and punctuation and I realize now I suck at that as well.

#3 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

Up3yoOR.gif

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hey bud! You don't have to be good at those things unless you want to. If you want to, then just keep practicing.

I just started playing Mass Effect, and while I'm really great at picking the badass renegade dialogue options, I shoot like a five year old (ie, I hold down the trigger and spin around). 

Some things you will be really good at (academics), and some other things you'll suck at. But like that quote from that Adventure Time dog, sucking at something is the first step to being kinda good at something. I'm paraphrasing there, I don't remember the exact words.

#5 I'mANerdAndProud

I'mANerdAndProud

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:15 PM

I hear you sushi, you make a good point, but I suck at so many things, it must means I'm not very capable of much.

And you mentioned mass effect, well, I haven't played that game, but I've been playing halo 3 online on and off for 5 years, and I'm above average at best. I'm the guy that comes 2nd or 3rd still. Sometimes I have a shocker, and I get no kills, and then loads of people start to teabag me, and tbh, it just makes me want to cry. One time, a guy on a mic said 'teabag the newb'. I'm not a newb. Why do I have to suck at a lot things for?

#6 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

I hear you sushi, you make a good point, but I suck at so many things, it must means I'm not very capable of much.

And you mentioned mass effect, well, I haven't played that game, but I've been playing halo 3 online on and off for 5 years, and I'm above average at best. I'm the guy that comes 2nd or 3rd still. Sometimes I have a shocker, and I get no kills, and then loads of people start to teabag me, and tbh, it just makes me want to cry. One time, a guy on a mic said 'teabag the newb'. I'm not a newb. Why do I have to suck at a lot things for?

You won't get any better being upset about it.

Halo and CoD are just toxic environments in general to me. But if you want to get good at something, then practice, and do that thing over and over until you get it. And if someone makes fun of you brush it off and keep going. Keep going until you're good at it. 

#7 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

So, I hate to be cold here, but really, stop bitching and enjoy the community. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#8 I'mANerdAndProud

I'mANerdAndProud

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm sorry spleen, but I believe in free speech. If you don't like it, then tell me, and I'll find a new forum, I'll be sad about it, but I have to play hardball.

#9 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

There is no free speech on privately owned things. ;)

Every sing post you've made was complaining, mostly about yourself. The people here don't mind helping a fellow human in need, but you have to do more than complain, otherwise you're not contributing to the community. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#10 I'mANerdAndProud

I'mANerdAndProud

Byte

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

If there is no free speech, then I'm going to have to leave. 

I like a forum where I can make threads about what I want, I'm afraid, spleen.

So , I see it's to be like this, so I realize this is to be my final post.

I'm sorry thing didn't work out on here, but as usual, a over zealous moderator, stop my growing attachment to a forum.

I sometimes think I'm cursed. Not properly, only in small ways, like, I never get to stay on a forum, or I get banned, or lots of injustice happen. It may be because I'm a newbie.

But, I hope this is a lesson to you spleen, that people should be allowed to complain without fear or apprehension, so there is a sense of free speech.

I fear this may be the reason this forum has hardly any members.

I shall now leave and never return, I have tears in my eyes, I admit, but I have to do this, in the name of free speech.

Goodbye. 

#11 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

The Hick

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationDixieland

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

...lol

#12 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Well, good luck to you.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#13 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

New dude, I thought you were suicidal at first, but now I think you're just a twelve year old. Life sucks, it sucks for everyone. Happiness is just a series of moments where you don't want to kill yourself. I get it. If you're legitimately depressed then that's fine, but getting bitchy isn't gonna help. I seriously hope you disappear then sign up as a new account and act overtly chipper. Then we all become best friends and a year from now you admit that you were the sad sack from so long ago.

This is where you're at:

Strong_Sad.png

This is where I need you to be, guy:

large_20080930-strongbadcoolgame-strongb

I just started playing Mass Effect, and while I'm really great at picking the badass renegade dialogue options, I shoot like a five year old (ie, I hold down the trigger and spin around). 

This made me giggle like an idiot, Kitty.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#14 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

This made me giggle like an idiot, Kitty.

Yeah, it makes me laugh too. I'm getting better at it though, I swear!

#15 seakingtheonixpected

seakingtheonixpected

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

Considering the two threads this guy has made I'm guessing he is just a troll trying to get our goat. I mean look at his name, that sends up red flags for me at least.

But lets assume for a second you are serious. So what? So what if you can't climb a rock wall? So what if you can't shoot a bow? We live in a thing called civilization where people don't have to hunt their food or climb things to get away from predators. Those skills are completely useless outside of bragging rights.

As long as you are psychically health, how much you can lift is meaningless outside of silly pissing contests.

Also in regards to your free speech bullshit. Spleen can ban you for whatever reason he wants. He isn't bound by any contracts, so, no you don't have any free speech.

#16 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

I have the powah!

*evil laugh* 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#17 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

logo_he-man.png

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#18 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

I keep thinking it's a bot, programmed to act like a new born.

#19 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

This thread made me giggle. Fuck me that .gif, Emo.

That .gif.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#20 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

Man, there's no need to be so down on yourself. Your dwelling to much on the past, and not enough on the future. If your just going to dwell on how you were in the past you won't change and be better in the future.

Always try to change and be better, otherwise you'll always hate yourself for being the same.

Lp5M62Z.gif