Photo

I'm making a game for Windows and Android, and there's a pre-alpha demo!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 supremedalek925

supremedalek925

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hello, everyone.  I'm working on an economy themed board game for PC and Android phones.  In case anyone is interested, I have a playable pre-alpha demo for the purposes of testing and feedback from people.  If anyone would like to give it a try, you can go ahead and let me know what works and what doesn't.  Thanks!    

http://www.mediafire.com/?ycal1067vdt7l6a

Please note that if there's something that looks like it doesn't do anything, it's probably because it it incomplete or hasn't been fully implemented yet.

#2 lord of the lols

lord of the lols

Byte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hmmmm... I trust this forum and I love games, yet no pics and user only has twenty previous posts. Virus? Norton protect me!

Because if you don't do it, who's going to?

#3 lord of the lols

lord of the lols

Byte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Chrome says file could be evil... discard warning. Hope to God I am being really nice, not just stupid. Norton tells me it is unsafe and deletes it. Y U TRY GIVE ME VIRUS!?

#4 TommyZ

TommyZ

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Thank you for the information, @MyLord. Sorry, @Dalek, but I can not trust this. Heck, I don't even trust myself, with as little posts as I have!

tumblr_lua6dwxher1qa0xkuo1_250.gif

#5 supremedalek925

supremedalek925

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

I promise it's not a virus!  It's made in Game Maker Studio so the only way I can export it is in exe format.  Here's a screenshot to kind of show it exists, although if you really don't trust my link, there's not really anything I can do to prove it.  http://i.imgur.com/VTe0BBh.png

Oh, if it's any consolation, if you look at this link... http://www.mediafire.../#686ylkb8cu329   you can see that I HAVE posted other games that I made on my mediafire account in the past, so why would I create multiple viruses under different project names?   If that's not enough, here's my website (in progress though)  http://www.timothyyasi.com  so you can see that I am a game artist.   If you're still not convinced, that's about all I can do I think.

One other thing though, that version of the game I posted is outdated now, so here's the newest version.  It's still in pre-alpha though.

http://www.mediafire...ycal1067vdt7l6a

#6 supremedalek925

supremedalek925

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Oh wait, there's one other thing.  Here's a screenshot of the game open in the project SDK.   nR2LyKm.png

So, I have a screen of the game, proof that I have posted other games and create game art, and that the game project actually exists.  I hope that's enough evidence, lol

#7 lord of the lols

lord of the lols

Byte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

You convinced me. I finally got Norton to stop being a butt about the download, and I played it. There isn't much to do yet. I won... i guess. It doesn't do anything when you win. None of these statements were feedback you didn't probably already know. As for my opinion of the game, I didn't really dislike it, but only because there wasn't much to dislike or like. I do not want to discourage you, though. What was there appeared to function as it was supposed to. I like that you added choice along the path, and I like that some of the tiles can be bet on, I think, but the stock market line tile didn't appear to do anything. A readme file might be helpful as the only instructions I saw were to right-click to move the screen. Keep up the good work.  I look forward to playtesting more, assuming my computer isn't virussed for life. 

#8 supremedalek925

supremedalek925

Byte

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

You convinced me. I finally got Norton to stop being a butt about the download, and I played it. There isn't much to do yet. I won... i guess. It doesn't do anything when you win. None of these statements were feedback you didn't probably already know. As for my opinion of the game, I didn't really dislike it, but only because there wasn't much to dislike or like. I do not want to discourage you, though. What was there appeared to function as it was supposed to. I like that you added choice along the path, and I like that some of the tiles can be bet on, I think, but the stock market line tile didn't appear to do anything. A readme file might be helpful as the only instructions I saw were to right-click to move the screen. Keep up the good work.  I look forward to playtesting more, assuming my computer isn't virussed for life. 

Yes, the game is in pre-alpha and there is no win or lose state.  The purpose of the demo is just to make sure the basics are functional, IE:  The game screen fits the player's monitor, the frame rate is stable and the controls are responsive, and the controls are intuitive and easy to use.   Sorry that there isn't any depth yet, but I was really looking for some feedback on the super basic mechanics.

#9 lord of the lols

lord of the lols

Byte

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

In that regard everything was good as far as I could tell.