#1 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

Hey there!

I'm Hanna under the pseudonym of Happymaker and I'm German.

And 17, high school senior, Harry Potter fanatic, a bookworm, weird (that's what my friends call me all the time), addicted to the internet, my laptop, paper, pens and so much more :)

I want to be a set decorator when school is over aaaaaand I would absolutely love to live in England one day, it's my true home^^

Any questions? ;)

I'm happy to have found this forum and look forward to many posts here!!

and sorry if my english is not the best.

Hanna alias Happymaker

Imagination is intelligence having fun.

#2 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:34 AM

Welcome to the forum, Hanna!

nmjUGDL.jpg

#3 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Welcome, and don't worry, your English is perfectly fine.

Better than some people I have met who speak it natively actually.

I never understood why people always associated worms with books, but I guess it could be worse.

Bookslug?

Bookgnat?

Anyway, welcome aboard.

We have a few English folk milling about, so you should feel right at home.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

thanks affray!

I suppose I could also be called bookmagpie as I'm collecting books all the time and my whole room is full with them ;)

yeah, I'm already feeling at home here!

#6 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

AAAYYYEEEEEE! A girl my age. 

Lp5M62Z.gif

#7 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Book-magpie, I like it.

Let it be known, bibliophiles everywhere, for a new subclass hast been wrought: Book-magpie. If you spend more on literature than food, have to move stacks of novels to clear space for friends to sit, and/or alway carry a book in a cargo pocket, you are one of us.

Sehr erfreut, Happy. How does one develop an addiction to pens? Because, honestly, I'm thinking something mighty perverted about you right now.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#8 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

@Sethre: hey, nice to meet you^^

@NoDanico: Guten Tag! i like your description of a book-magpie, I'm definitely one ;) could be worse.... (could be raining. does anyone know this movie here?)

I don't know how to explain that, it's just that I'm not seen without a pen very often. I even have some in my bed, and yes, I know, this sounds really pervert now ;)

but no, I don't "love" my pens that much :D

#9 Alexander

Alexander

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hello, welcome to the forums. If you need any help regarding the forums you can PM [Private Message] me or our administrator at any time you wish.

Have fun at the community :).

#10 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

@Sethre: hey, nice to meet you^^

@NoDanico: Guten Tag! i like your description of a book-magpie, I'm definitely one ;) could be worse.... (could be raining. does anyone know this movie here?)

Young Frankenstein, yes.

Marty Feldman is pretty great.

I recently watched every Mel Brooks movie that I own, which is quite a few.

Awesome romp to say the least.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#11 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

First off, 'pens in your bed.' Too late, that image is already scorched into the back of my skull. Cannot be unforgotten, the way I view the new girl is forever tainted.

Secondly, Young Frankenstein is an amazing movie. But I wonder, does it have the same impact for a non-westerner? We have a certain image of the Europeins, especialy the gothic, 'Black Forest' Europe common in literature. Do you think Romania is filled with monsters like I do?

So here's my question: is it the same style of humor over there? Is the parody well understood? And lastly, did you see it in English or German? Because I'm wondering how they do stuff like the horse joke in German? Is she called Miss Animal Glue? I don't think that's the right word, but I heard that once.

Thirdish, Terry Garr is a sexy bitch. Just wanted to say that. I'd slip her some of mein schwanz, wenn du weiyt.

#12 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

@Alexander: thanks for the welcome!

@Affray: I'm totally in love with this movie.^^

@NoDanico: ok, I'll just have to accept this :D

I don't think Romania is filled with monsters, and the people in Romania certainly don't speak German. But I can't know what's hidden in the deep dark forests there, so maybe there are a few monsters (or Germans left?)

I watched the movie in English of course, the jokes wouldn't be funny anymore when translated... and our version of the movie is only in English and Italian, so.... ;)

I understood the parody pretty good, it's one of the funniest movies I've ever watched, although it's that old!

Ich weiß, was du meinst :D my brother and my dad like her, too!

sorry for everyone, I know, this should not be in the introduction threads ;) 

#13 enigma fly

enigma fly

Byte

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Hi, I'm the anti nerd.

I have to keep a tab open for google just to figure out what the hell most these people are talking about.

But my history of awesomeness is too much for them to survive without.

#14 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

hey :)

nice to meet/read you! 

I can't think of anything to reply for this google thing, just that this applies to me too, just in other themes like math etc. ._.

#15 TommyZ

TommyZ

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

*Stumbles onto the set, looks around, and straightens up* Hello there! I am automatically jealous of your Germanness, all Germans are sexy above everyone else (yes, even me). We'll have to have some intelligent discussions sometime about HP, for it is my life, and involves my future, soon-to-be job (weird story, actually . . . ) And when you move to England, I'm hopping in your suitcase and riding along. Coming with you.

Welcome to the fandom forum!

tumblr_lua6dwxher1qa0xkuo1_250.gif

#16 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

thanks, yes I really think we have some of the hottest boys and men here :P  I'm not the only one who thinks so ;)

we'll have LOTS of discussions about HP. It is not my life, but I'll love it forever and my whole family is hp-crazy!

I don't think there will be much space left in my suitcase (too much HP-posters and books and pens) but you can be my carry-on ;)

#17 TommyZ

TommyZ

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I love to creep on our men-boys here. Although you should watch out for No! (who is above). He has a confused penis. Never make friends with people like him. (P.S. Sorry, No! for making it impossible for you to make a new friend. I love you . . . deep, deep, deep down.)

I'd love to be your carry-on *starts drooling then snaps out of it* I mean . . . Yes *cough cough*

#18 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

My penis loves you... deep, deep, deep down.

My junk is sane, thank you very much. Frau Happy, you should polietly ignore Tommy. The only think I'm unsure about it whether or not Tommy is a lady.

#19 Happymaker

Happymaker

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

yeah you two, I've read tommy's introduction :DD I like both of you, from what I've read by now ;) I'm used to people with that kind of humor and thoughts (I'm at boarding school) :D

there is a saying in Germany: I can't translate it correctly, but it says something like: who thinks ambiguous has more to laugh. It sounds better in German :(

#20 TommyZ

TommyZ

Byte

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Yay, friend . . . *foams at mouth* Yeesh, I use a lot of asssss-terrrrrrrrrd-icks. Weird . . . And I wish I spoke German. I speak Spanish! Hola, me llamo Tommy. Como te llamas? Mucho gusto!