#1 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hi, guys.

So our high school gave us Samsung Chromebooks. For school.

Because Chromebooks by themselves are paperweights so expensive you would've thought they would've been sold by Apple, I used a little nifty tool called crouton to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (I would've installed 13.04 but I didn't know how).
Anyways, Archive Mounter is missing (as are some other applications including the Ubuntu Software Centre, but I don't particularly care about that). It's worth noting that it's a Cortex A15 chip, which uses an ARM architecture.

Now I don't really understand half of what I'm saying, so try to keep it basic (see what I did there?), please.

How do I get Archive Mounter?

fl9Uov4.gif

#2 Champion of Cyrodiil

Champion of Cyrodiil

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Have you tried to run sudo apt-get install archive-mounter or opened the Software Center and look for it?

http://askubuntu.com...archive-mounter

#3 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hi, guys.

So our high school gave us Samsung Chromebooks. For school.

Because Chromebooks by themselves are paperweights so expensive you would've thought they would've been sold by Apple, I used a little nifty tool called crouton to install Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (I would've installed 13.04 but I didn't know how).
Anyways, Archive Mounter is missing (as are some other applications including the Ubuntu Software Centre, but I don't particularly care about that). It's worth noting that it's a Cortex A15 chip, which uses an ARM architecture.

Now I don't really understand half of what I'm saying, so try to keep it basic (see what I did there?), please.

How do I get Archive Mounter?

sudo apt-get install archive-mounter.

also, it says in your profile that you like apple, although I do agree with the paperweight point.

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.