27 replies to this topic

#21 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Nope, no AH in the console version. A pity, but not a huge loss. It's one of the few complaints I've seen online about the game. I haven't used the scoundrel yet, I pretty much just use templar because he's a close-combat kinda guy, and as a mage I need a meatshield up in the enemies' business. Even if I do spend most of my time using Spectral Blades to shred them face to face...

Whaaaat? No AH?! I would honestly die without that, that's how I have gotten most of my stuff. Once you get to Hell difficulty your going to need to farm a lot more.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#22 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

It does work really well. The only things missing are minor, like holding a button to view all item names on the screen. Skills work well with the controller layout, movement is REALLY smooth, especially with the dodge-roll function they added to R3. The only real complaints about it I've seen are from PC fanboys. "ooh it should've stayed on PC" or "ooh I bet it sucks on consoles lol pc master race" etc.

Classes are slightly imbalanced though. I mean, I died a ton of times on my Normal (Medium) monk, but I'm on my Hardcore Normal (Hard) witch doctor and barely anything gets close enough to scratch me, and if it does my health regenerates so quickly with siphoning abilities that it doesn't matter. Same with mana, it recovers so quickly I can pretty much auto-cast Acid Cloud and fuck shit up.

Forgot to keep up with this thread. >.>

I thin classes are always broken in diablo, they were when I played D2, and when it first came out for the PC Monks were super OP. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#23 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

Forgot to keep up with this thread. >.>

I thin classes are always broken in diablo, they were when I played D2, and when it first came out for the PC Monks were super OP. 

Yeah but I mean broken as far as being able to go through Nightmare (I'm in Act III with my Hardcore witch doctor now) without getting hurt. At all. I haven't even done any gear farming yet. Though it seems I'll have to on my barbarian. I'm on Medium (Master IV) with her, and I can't kill the Skeleton King yet. He one-hits Kormac and can 3-hit me. I'm going to have to farm up some junk magic gear to break down for crafting mats, I think; I'm using a magic flamberge I forged right now, 21.2dps and 3-4 cold damage. Gonna see about forging some armour too, and something for Kormac to use so he isn't such a little bitch.

Once I'm past the Skeleton King, I might switch it up to Master V. I love a challenge, and Master V is supposedly the same as the PC version's Monster Level 10. Enemies are already crazy powerful though, and it takes a lot of tactics and skill to kill anything at all. The addition of the dodge system is a godsend, as I'm able to dive in, stun, Rend, and dive out again before enemies have a chance to react. The main problem is when I come up against anything with ranged abilities, as my spear grab can only hit one enemy >.>

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#24 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

So I picked up Diablo III yesterday for $25 at EB Games.

It seems they are getting rid of their Xbox 360 stock because when the expansion comes out it will be for Xbox One and PC.

I spend a good chunk of yesterday playing it and managed to get my wizard up to level ten.

I can see how this game could easily occupy a rather large chunk of my future.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#25 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:07 PM

Wizard is awesome, definitely a fun class to play. DH is also awesome but is the squishiest class in the game, not that wizard is much better. At least with wiz you get some armor skills. Seriously a fun game.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#26 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

I am definitely digging wizardry.

I am still pretty low lever so my abilities are weak and limited, but I am partial to ray of frost, frost nova, and wave of force.

With them I can pretty easily manage the battlefield and not get my ass murdered.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#27 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

I know I've posted this level build before, but it's really OP. It's a crazy awesome AoE build. You can just tear through mobs like butter. It's a close quarters build, but one of the best I've used. Arcane Orb with the orbit rune is your life line, always keep it up, and Frost Nova is extremely handy. You can freeze and then demolish with Spectral Blade, or just run around so your Arcane Orb explodes on em.

The Familiar and Magic Weapon give's your auto attack a toooooon more damage, extremely nice.

L8pVIqt.jpg

Lp5M62Z.gif

#28 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

I will keep that in mind.

I will probably post whatever build I end up using as well.

Though it will be on xbox, so it won't be quite as prettily organised.