Photo

The Walking Dead (and related zombology)

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#121 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Everyone on here, or everyone in the show?

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#122 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

• Members
  • 10,996 posts
  • LocationThey're coming to take me away..

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

The show.

But both.

ΝΙΨΟΝ ΑΝΟΜΗΜΑΤΑ ΜΗ ΜΟΝΑΝ ΟΨΙΝ

obazNZl.gif

#123 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

So, only three episodes left in the season, the big battle's brewin'. I really wish I had put down the damn comic and just let the show progress naturally.

Also:

W0HgIH1.jpg

You're bad and should feel bad.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#124 Coconut Man

Coconut Man

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • LocationThe latest Smash Major

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Ouch...

fl9Uov4.gif

#125 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm two episodes behind..

But srsly..

Spoiler

obazNZl.gif

#126 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

Me too. I've hated that bitch since season one. Dale was a saint in the new world, just trying to take care of her, and she treated him like shit.

#127 (V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

(V) (`m`) (V) ︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • 10,996 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yeah she did.

She falls all over herself for assholes tho.

First Shane, now the Governor.

I guess she just really likes it up the ass.

obazNZl.gif

#128 Noalg

Noalg

Byte

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

I'm 2 episodes behind right now, but I'm about to watch them both with a lil buzz and left over pizza.

I've gotta say, my least fav character has to be Andrea.  I really hope they kill her off this season.

Who do you guys want killed off the show before the season finale?  I bet we could all agree that the governor needs to be taken out, right? 

Posted Image

#129 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

So, I started watching a while back, and I'm pretty sure i'm only missing the last episode now. I too would like to join in the Andrea hate, but I still find her preferable to Rick's wife.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#130 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

We're an episode behind the US, so whenever I come here I panic that there'll be spoilers. xD

Spoiler

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#131 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

So, I started watching a while back, and I'm pretty sure i'm only missing the last episode now. I too would like to join in the Andrea hate, but I still find her preferable to Rick's wife.

She kicks ass in the comics, and that is one of the many reasons I loathe this insanely skewed version of the story that the show has taken.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#132 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well if it was exactly the same as the comic everyone would know exactly what happens next. =P

#133 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Well if it was exactly the same as the comic everyone would know exactly what happens next. =P

Pretty much this.

I've read a bit of the comic, and plan on reading more as well. If they were the exact same, things would be ruined for me.

nmjUGDL.jpg

#134 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

I don`t see the problem here.

When they made the Lord of the Rings movies, or the Hobbitt why didn't they mix up the lore a bit?

Everyone already knew what happened and was going to happen.

Why not have Legolas go with Frodo and Sam to ensure their safety when they break of from the fellowship?

Or have the eagles fly in and murder those ogres in The Hobbitt instead of Bilbo outsmarting them?

They are only key ingredients that make the story and characters what they are after all.

#135 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

A bit sad that there is only one episode left in the season. The same feeling I get on Sundays... Only one day left to the weekend.

Huge spoiler here do not click if you have not seen up to Season 3 Episode 15 (Episode that was on today)

Spoiler

Although Andrea bugs me I don't want her dead, she creates an interesting dynamic I do want to see her pick her shit up and become normal THEN have her go through a world of hurt from this new perspective.

I've actually wanted Carrol dead for a long time, her character is just there and I feel doesn't add to the group nor detract from the group.

Also the actor that plays Carl annoys me, I don't feel they cast him well. He is very monotone on a character I feel should better portray someone with huge internal conflict. He is young and therefor inexperienced as an actor but it does pull me out of the fantasy when I am thinking about shit like that.

#136 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

They hired him to stand around for two seasons and then gave him a part in number three. Do you think they even gave him a line during his audition?

Spoiler

#137 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

I don`t see the problem here.

When they made the Lord of the Rings movies, or the Hobbitt why didn't they mix up the lore a bit?

Everyone already knew what happened and was going to happen.

Why not have Legolas go with Frodo and Sam to ensure their safety when they break of from the fellowship?

Or have the eagles fly in and murder those ogres in The Hobbitt instead of Bilbo outsmarting them?

They are only key ingredients that make the story and characters what they are after all.

To be fair, LotR is a bad example because there was significant disparity between the films and the books. I mean Tom Bombadil doesn't even get a mention.

#138 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

To be fair, LotR is a bad example because there was significant disparity between the films and the books. I mean Tom Bombadil doesn't even get a mention.

I think they left him out because modern audiences would instantly figure out that Tolkein slipped up and wrote a character in to the story that rightfully should have been the guy to dispose of the one ring. He is not affected by it in any way, and actually makes it disappear at one point, then summons it back. Then he is dismissed by Gandalf as a poor choice as he would simply lose the ring.

The Lord of the Rings was dome fairly well considering all of the events happening at the same time, and not having enough film in the world to make a movie that covered everything in Tolkein's world.

Good point though, but you see mine.

The walking dead removes so many important things from the graphic novels that it isn't even recognizable anymore.

People are hating characters that are among the best in the books, and loving characters that don't even exist.

It has become its own thing, which I find inferior.

But regardless of my opinion, they still talk like they are keeping along with the course of the books, when they are doing anything but.

I would rather watch something that I knew the plot of but had never seen in live action, than watch something that is increasingly new yet had increasingly bad story/character development.

#139 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well you don't have to watch it at all if it irks you so. I do understand what you're saying, but as someone who can't afford the comics, to me it's the best series on TV at the moment and a staple of my Friday evening's. That is until Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones and Mr Selfridge come back. >>

#140 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Grab that shit off the internet my friend.

It has all sorts of free things.