46 replies to this topic

#1 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

So I'm currently watching Captain America and I thought now would be a good time to ask what everyones favorite superhero is. Mine is actually Captain America for the Marvel superheros and Batman (of course) for the DC superheros.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#2 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

But of course you mean "who is your favorite hero".

And I will always and forever love Usagi Tsukino's Sailor Moon with all of my heart. She is a total spaz, klutz, and otherwise teenage girl, but fuck yeah, the world needs saving? Someone she loves has been kidnapped? She will sacrifice the SHIT out of herself to save it, them, and anyone who gets caught in the middle.

And she has a truly pure heart. I have come to value this trait more and more as I get older.

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:01 AM

Hard to say as I'm a fan of villains mainly.

If I had to choose a good guy I would have to say Scott Pilgrim :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

captainbritain6.jpg

Captain Britain.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:44 PM

captainbritain6.jpg

Captain Britain.

HA!

CFEAR NOT!!! CAPTAIN AFRICA IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!!

IMG_0791.jpg

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

The one true Captain Africa:

gkOXZdj.jpg

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 HemoGoblin

HemoGoblin

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Iron Man as portrayed in the movies is pretty high on my list. The comics get too...comic-esque frankly. I looked up the history and theres some weird crap in there.

If Anime counts for this though, I claim BK-201.

1013385_10200951650460726_1725076785_n.j

#8 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Iron Man as portrayed in the movies is pretty high on my list. The comics get too...comic-esque frankly. I looked up the history and theres some weird crap in there.

If Anime counts for this though, I claim BK-201.

BK-201 isn't really a superhero. He's more of an antihero.

Plus he's a bit of a dick.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#9 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

BK-201 isn't really a superhero. He's more of an antihero.

Plus he's a bit of a dick.

Ah, sexy, then?

#10 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Only in season 2. He's too clean-cut in season 1. I like him when he's older and even more of a dick.

LL1Yc5i.gif

#11 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

The one true Captain Africa:

gkOXZdj.jpg

AH THE BLACK PANTHER! I love him so much. I wish they would have had him in the movies.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#12 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

I saw a few things online where people were pushing to get him his own movie.

It would be a nice break from the super mainstream hero flicks of late.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#13 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

I think it would be a super interesting movie. All the superhero movies these days seem to be all them same, don't get me wrong I still like them a lot but they all seem to be the same in one way or another. So I think with the Black Panther it would still be a general superhero movie, but it would be so much more interesting since its based in more of an African tribal area. 

Also I forget, isn't there some story behind the Black Panthers weapons? I thought it was made out of some special type of metal/material. So if that is the case they would have to implement that into the movie which would add a lot more to it, and add to interesting-ness of the movie.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#14 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

1. Batman

2. Spiderman

I like the spiderman comics alot more, but Batman is a better character. Spiderman have better villians though, except the Joker which is the best villian of all time.

#15 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

1. Batman

2. Spiderman

I like the spiderman comics alot more, but Batman is a better character. Spiderman have better villians though, except the Joker which is the best villian of all time.

I disagree that Batman is a better character.

Batman is a great character, don't get me wrong.

But Spiderman is at least equal to Batman in overall quality.

Batman is deep, brooding, possibly psychotic, and a mastermind of epic proportions.

Spiderman though, he is the perfect everyman.

He lives the average guy life, then fights the super nasties every other waking moment.

He is a snippy mouthpiece with unrivaled wit and a heart of gold (something we all aspire to be).

Plus, unlike Bruce Wayne, he has a job.

In one comic Spiderman gets his arm broken and his ass righteously kicked when Electro busts nearly every super villain out of prison and Spiderman is the first one to get there. The Avengers show up and save his bacon, but he still gets his ass handed to him and his arm snapped like a twig.

The next day he goes to work teaching, after being mangled by a gang of super villains.

Batman can just retire to his cave and claim he went on a billionaire cruise or vacation somewhere and no one is the wiser.

Spiderman has to work ten times harder to maintain his secret identity, and is also less of a dick then Batman.

#16 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Batman is deep, brooding, possibly psychotic, and a mastermind of epic proportions.

He lives the average guy life, then fights the super nasties every other waking moment.

He is a snippy mouthpiece with unrivaled wit and a heart of gold (something we all aspire to be).

In one comic Spiderman gets his arm broken and his ass righteously kicked when Electro busts nearly every super villain out of prison and Spiderman is the first one to get there. The Avengers show up and save his bacon, but he still gets his ass handed to him and his arm snapped like a twig.

The next day he goes to work teaching, after being mangled by a gang of super villains.

Batman can just retire to his cave and claim he went on a billionaire cruise or vacation somewhere and no one is the wiser.

Spiderman has to work ten times harder to maintain his secret identity, and is also less of a dick then Batman.

I like Bruce Wayne being that loveable dick that he is. I like your opinions on spiderman. But he doesn't really have to work harder to maintain his secret. Lets face it, he is an everydayman no one will expect him to be spiderman. But batman however has expensive toys, that makes Bruce wayne, a young billionaire a hot target. Which means he has to work very hard to avoid detection. Spiderman could be seen without mask because noone will know who it is anyway. But Bruce will be instantely recognised. I like em both, and I do love the spiderman comics alot more, I think the Hobgoblin stories in the 80's are one of the best ever made. 

#17 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Very true that if Peter Parker were ever unmasked he would likely only be recognised by a few of his villains, or anyone really.

I am not so sure that Bruce Wayne's wealth would make him a prime suspect for the secret identity of Batman.

A lot of villains in his universe have very expensive toys, many of which they build themselves.

So Batman could easily be doing the same thing, just building all his gadgets himself in his cave.

Which brings up oh so many questions about what sort of crazy goddamn economy Gotham and surrounding country must have if people can move large amounts of money around for the purchase of super lasers, gas mines, amazing quantities of super high tensile cable, torture/murder chambers, and more guns than any country should possess, or the components to craft any of these things from scratch, without any red flags going up anywhere.

#18 Sethre

Sethre

Giggity-byte

• Members
  • 3,567 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

I agree with Afray, I think Spiderman is cooler. He has a lot more wit that is humorous, plus all the villains in the Spiderman comics and old 60's TV show are way cooler than the villains (except for the Joker, he will always be my favorite). I.e the Sandman, Green Goblin, Kingpin, Electro, Rhino.

In other words, I kind of think the whole world of Spiderman is way cooler because the majority of the characters in the comics/TV show are mutants, and I like that a lot more than everyday bad guys in masks. Plus, the connection between Aunt May and Peter is kind of a sweet twist.

Lp5M62Z.gif

#19 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

Very true that if Peter Parker were ever unmasked he would likely only be recognised by a few of his villains, or anyone really.

I am not so sure that Bruce Wayne's wealth would make him a prime suspect for the secret identity of Batman.

A lot of villains in his universe have very expensive toys, many of which they build themselves.

So Batman could easily be doing the same thing, just building all his gadgets himself in his cave.

Which brings up oh so many questions about what sort of crazy goddamn economy Gotham and surrounding country must have if people can move large amounts of money around for the purchase of super lasers, gas mines, amazing quantities of super high tensile cable, torture/murder chambers, and more guns than any country should possess, or the components to craft any of these things from scratch, without any red flags going up anywhere.

Doesn't Alfred make most of the gadgets? I feel like I read that somewhere...

LL1Yc5i.gif

#20 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Doesn't Alfred make most of the gadgets? I feel like I read that somewhere...

No, Alfred makes the sandwiches.

You were close, though.