#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

I WANT TO PLAY A LITTLE GAME.....

Below are 10 different 'influential' musicians spanning from the 1960's until the 1990's. 

CAN YOU GUESS WHO THEY ALL ARE?

There is a scoreboard below and be honest with your rating and post your results below.

LET'S BEGIN!!!!

1)

jagger1.jpg

2)

haunt-Jim-Morrison.jpg

3)

John-Lennon-9379045-2-402.jpg

4)

bob-dylan.jpg

5)

paulsmile2.jpg

6)

Freddie-Mercury-9406228-1-402.jpg

7)

David-Bowie.jpg

8)

kurt9.jpg

9)

robert-plant.jpg

10)

Bon+Scott+Bon_Scott_face.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE BY CLICKING BELOW

Spoiler

SCOREBOARD

1) THE GOD OF NOOBS

You oughta be ashamed of yourself!!! You are the ULTIMATE GOD OF NOOBS!!!! God only knows what crap you listen to. I pity you on so many levels. I don't usually suggest, suicide, but you're an exception. But for reals I suggest you start downloading EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you can from either of the people (and their band) listed above for the ultimate redemption. You obviously need prayers!!!! 

2) ULTRA NOOB

It's apparent that you listen to way too much 1 Direction, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Do yourself a favor and stop listening to the pop charts and go buy yourself a copy of Nirvana Nevermind. It won't change the fact that you are an ULTRA NOOB but it's a step in the right direction.

3) SUPER NOOB

Maybe you remember your dad had a vinyl record with one of these dudes mugs on it and you know a little bit of who they are. It is not too late to redeem your sins, I suggest you do the ultimate marathon and listen to everything by LED ZEPPELIN. There is still hope for you!!!!! REPENT YOUR SINS SUPER NOOB!!!!

4) NOOB

Maybe you we're/are too young to really appreciate these people. Google them, you will find that they lived quite interesting lives and released some good music. Being a noob isn't too bad, but you still have some work to do. I suggest listening to anything from Queen and David Bowie. They we're the original Lady Gaga.

5) AVERAGE TOOL

You are still going through that faze of listening to your old trusty bands like Tool, Paramore and Escape The Fate, but your knowledge is pretty average, not bad, but still room for improvement. I think it's time to embrace the magical knowledge of infinite wisdom that are THE BEATLES. You probably recognized that two of their members we're listed above...... or not. But my favorite album from them was SGT PEPPERS LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND. Go expand your mind, and you will learn many things....

6) ASCENDED SUPER SAIYAN!!!!

At least you are above the 50% mark, you did pretty good, but it's time to become AN ASCENDED SUPER SAIYAN..... in music that is. You have much to learn and it's safe to say that you on the road to becoming a ROCK GOD/GODDESS!!!! Find out who you didn't get and download their shit. What are you still reading this for? GO!!!!!!

7) GROUPIE LOVE

It's obvious that you can strike up a conversation with the opposite sex and share your awesome knowledge  to gain some GROUPIE LOVING!!!! You will definitely turn on most rock fans and receive fallacio.... You have the potential to become.....

8) A ROCK LEGEND

If you scored an 8, congratulations, it's obvious you played WAAAAYYYYY to much Guitar Hero, but that's ok, because you we're educated rather well. Jack Black in The School of Rock would automatically deem you his Teachers Pet. John Lennon himself would go down on you.... :)

9) THE ULTIMATE ROCK LEGEND

OK, I admit it, YOU ARE A FUCKING LEGEND IN EVERY WAY!!!! The hottest girl I know would want to have your baby right now and marry you. For the girls, you are a definite 10 right now!!!!! YOU HOT!!!!!! I don't know how you did it, but if you scored a 9..... DAMN, I will paypal my lips to suck your dick right now. 

10) THE SHAMAN OF SEXY: THE ULTIMATE ROCK GOD/GODDESS

You are JIM MORRISON REINCARNATED!!!! I envy you on sooooooo many levels. Many of us are not worthy to be in your presence. You walk the streets with god's ray of light shinning over you. Girls(or boys) look at you and melt from your aura of awesomeness and you obviously deserve a PHD in Musical History. CONGRATS!!!!! YOU ARE THE IATOLA  OF ROCK N ROLLA!!!!! THE SHAMAN OF SEXY!!!!!

THE ULTIMATE ROCK GOD/GODDESS!!!!!

Well I'm out now....

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

I answered 'a bunch of druggies who were angry at their parents.' ...Did I win?

BTW the Freddie Mercury threw me. I never expect him to have hair on his skull and a moustache-less lip. Not the image I have of the man.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

I answered 'a bunch of druggies who were angry at their parents.' ...Did I win?

BTW the Freddie Mercury threw me. I never expect him to have hair on his skull and a moustache-less lip. Not the image I have of the man.

Hahahaha The fact that you know who Freddie Mercury was is an automatic win in my books. But yeah, that picture is from the 70's, he didn't sport the stache until the early 80's.

But yeah some of these pictures are from their glory days, some actually look really terrible nowadays, but still, good music.

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

I win, nuff said.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

I knew a couple. Considering I don't like any of them, I consider that good enough.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

Got all 10, found it quite easy but then again I grew up on all of these, if you put a picture of lady gaga, kanye west, pink, or avril lavine i would have failed.

Only one that threw me slightly was bon scott, I had a feeling it was ACDC but then my mind went to brian johnson and then i thought maybe it was the guitarist angus young but finally I remembered it was in fact bon scott the first singer of ACDC.

When do I receive my PHD? via mail or someone will knock on my door? how does this work now?

I love this type of game, especially in classic rock, metal and punk. The reason I love it so much is likely because when i was younger they were all on posters on my wall or featuring in documentaries i grew up watching. Failing all of that its likely that I at least listened to them.

My turn, this time its guitarists and bassists, maybe the next one will be drummers but to be honest I will likely fail that one. All of these guys have famous stories so there are reasons to know them outside of loving the bands they were apart of. some are obviously easy and others are going to be tricky.

Attached File  105_artist.jpeg   62.79K   3 downloads

If you don't get him I am very disappointed, not that he would be easy to get just that he is a god, and yes he is a bassist.

Attached File  0786_111321_RHCP_060807_PA01.jpg   135.54K   3 downloads

Another bassist this one is from south of the equator.

Attached File  12345.jpg   56.42K   3 downloads

kicked out of one band and became front of another, how many people have been in two of the worlds biggest bands?

Attached File  Obvious.jpg   36.09K   3 downloads

I wasn't sure who it was going to be but it had to be obvious, i was thinking slash but then i decided to put this guy here instead. If you don't get him then you must live in a box.

Attached File  maybe.jpg   50.68K   3 downloads

The lead singer of his band was in robstars list, not all that hard to get if you listen to this genre but at the same time I don't blame you for not getting him. This guitarist was very technical and is likely just as famous as the lead singer.

Attached File  who.jpg   37.25K   3 downloads

another guitarist that had his lead singer on robs list although this guitarist isnt all that technical, he does have a fantastic style though.

Attached File  sad.jpg   23.5K   3 downloads

The story behind this bassist is a sad, sad one... RIP.

Attached File  lookattheguitar.jpg   25.19K   3 downloads

If you don't recognize the man, try looking at the guitar, one of the most famous axes out there.

Attached File  eitheryoudoordont.jpg   29.5K   3 downloads

This guy is the second guitarist to play lead in this band but god I love him.

Attached File  4fingerdemon.jpg   183.01K   3 downloads

They say that if you think you have come up with an original riff then all you need to do is look at this guys work and if you cant hear it in there then chances are your riff is original. He also has something wrong with his hand O.o (Maybe that hint was too big although I know you could google some of the clues I gave you anyways)

Good luck and ill post the answers after/if people had a dig.

#7 Grolli

Grolli

Megabyte

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

Scored an 8...  kind of disappointed with myself...

However...  Sllhouette..  Joe S. by far is the best axe man out there (alive today).  Just listen to Chickenfoot if there is anyone that wants new throwback 80's style rock.

#8 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Scored an 8...  kind of disappointed with myself...

However...  Sllhouette..  Joe S. by far is the best axe man out there (alive today).  Just listen to Chickenfoot if there is anyone that wants new throwback 80's style rock.

I approve of this message. Satriani is a god.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#9 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

My turn, this time its guitarists and bassists, maybe the next one will be drummers but to be honest I will likely fail that one. All of these guys have famous stories so there are reasons to know them outside of loving the bands they were apart of. some are obviously easy and others are going to be tricky.

Spoiler

I think I got 9 out of 10. The only one I didn't know was the 2nd to last grrrrrrrr

WHO THE FUCK IS HE??? I MUST KNOW!!!!!!! 

#10 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Didn't deep purple choose steve morse over joe satriani :-P

Edit and @Robstar who posted while I was posting.

Lol nice man, I just need to fix your spelling with Jimmy "Page" and Tony "Iommi" may as well let you know that yes you have 9/10, do you really want the last one?

Spoiler

also fix up your spoiler tags please.

#11 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Didn't deep purple choose steve morse over joe satriani :-P

Edit and @Robstar who posted while I was posting.

Lol nice man, I just need to fix your spelling with Jimmy "Page" and Tony "Iommi" may as well let you know that yes you have 9/10, do you really want the last one?

Spoiler

also fix up your spoiler tags please.

D'OH!!!!!! Yeah I couldn't quite put my finger on that one. I'm not really a fan of Metallica but my brother IDOLIZES them. I only got Mustaine coz I saw a doco with him in it lol.

Glad you enjoyed this, I was going to do another one, but yeah the main focus was the leads of the band.

#12 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Fair enough but at the same time I wouldn't have picked that he would be all that hard to get, needless to say though, you did fucking well...

Do a list of drummers and you will see where I fail I can just never remember their names or faces. Poor rhythm keepers. :-(

#13 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Fair enough but at the same time I wouldn't have picked that he would be all that hard to get, needless to say though, you did fucking well...

Do a list of drummers and you will see where I fail I can just never remember their names or faces. Poor rhythm keepers. :-(

The next list was still going to be frontmen, but this time it was going to be a little harder.... ;) I was gong to go EVEN FURTHER back and include modern dudes in there.

But yeah, might also do a mini list of drummers. All in good time.

Heck, maybe even a rap one.... ;) LOL

#14 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Even further back :-P

5 out of 10 of your list is already dead. Also looks like I will blend in with the commoners and start getting lower scores, I might do well going further back but its less likely, seems you just happened to pick every major frontman of an era and genre that I am very familiar with.

#15 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yeah bro, most of the dudes I listed above we're and are my idols at one point or another. Still rock all of their music to this day!!!!

I'll let the others have a crack at this one first and then I'll post up a new quiz probably on Friday!!!!

I reckon you'll get most of them, but then again.... you won't ;)

hahahah

I'M OUT!!!!

#16 monsterben

monsterben

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

First off, I know who everyone was so I guess that makes me a Rock God...not only can I name every person whose picture was posted but I can play their songs on guitar. I own every Led  Zeppelin album on vinyl.

#17 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

First off, I know who everyone was so I guess that makes me a Rock God...not only can I name every person whose picture was posted but I can play their songs on guitar. I own every Led  Zeppelin album on vinyl.

Yeah it's not very difficult if you're into the genre. I wanted to test mainly the younger generation of this site as see where they're at. :)

Care to post up any videos of your work? I wouldn't mind hearing anything from The Doors like L.A Woman.

#18 monsterben

monsterben

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah it's not very difficult if you're into the genre. I wanted to test mainly the younger generation of this site as see where they're at. :)

Care to post up any videos of your work? I wouldn't mind hearing anything from The Doors like L.A Woman.

Yeah I will try. But also I am the younger generation. I'm not even 16 and have spent a lot of time collecting all my music on vinyl because as I discovered at a very young age while hearing my mom listen to Led Zeppelin IV, that the best sound comes from vinyl. That was one of the best most enlightening days of my life.

#19 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Yeah I will try. But also I am the younger generation. I'm not even 16 and have spent a lot of time collecting all my music on vinyl because as I discovered at a very young age while hearing my mom listen to Led Zeppelin IV, that the best sound comes from vinyl. That was one of the best most enlightening days of my life.

It's good to know that you listen to good music :)

I concur, Zep IV is definitely my favorite album, Rock and Roll is my favorite song.

Yeah my grandmother has a record player, but the pin is missing. She had boxes and boxes of old records that she used to purchase from yard sales for 10-20 cents. From Ray Charles to Nat King Cole and even Diana Ross and The Supremes, listened to a lot of old Jazz.

There's a certain charm to the sound of vinyl records, I don't own a proper stereo, just my ipad :S

I wish record players weren't so damn expensive. I've wanted to blast my copy of The Doors: Morrison Hotel since I bought it last year for $5.

#20 monsterben

monsterben

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

It's good to know that you listen to good music :)

I concur, Zep IV is definitely my favorite album, Rock and Roll is my favorite song.

Yeah my grandmother has a record player, but the pin is missing. She had boxes and boxes of old records that she used to purchase from yard sales for 10-20 cents. From Ray Charles to Nat King Cole and even Diana Ross and The Supremes, listened to a lot of old Jazz.

There's a certain charm to the sound of vinyl records, I don't own a proper stereo, just my ipad :S

I wish record players weren't so damn expensive. I've wanted to blast my copy of The Doors: Morrison Hotel since I bought it last year for $5.

Yeah, I know the feeling...it took a long time for me to get my mom to let me actually use her record player, so I have lots of music but not really anything to listen to, but now it's all better :)