7 replies to this topic

#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

I laugh because this guy has the same humor as me... But watch the vid...

I like Rucka Rucka Ali and he's made a bit of a stir with his new music video....

Do you guys find this offensive???

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

Shit, he's still making music? It's not really offensive, just kinda dumb. I mean there's not much offensive in the whole song, it's just, 'a guy who didn't do 9/11 did 9/11', over and over again.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#3 Kobbi

Kobbi

Byte

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

Not offensive. The song is just really bad. And I don't have that sense of humor so it's just dumb to me. Also the actual song it is going to is also, I think, very bad.

bipolar, hypocritical, loving, bastard. t(^.^t) i luv u 

fuck bitches get money ~

#4 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

Umm... I agree it's not really offensive, just dumb.

And the heavily autotuned singing is a little grating

Because I can...

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah I don't think it's really offensive either but he's trending hard at the moment and even receiving his fair share of death threats and constant flooding of hate mail to his inbox. LOL

Also people are really on edge with the terrorist threats against the US embassies over in Iraq and North Africa.

Besides, I think people are offended because Zayn is actually of Pakistani heritage.....

People can be really sensitive sometimes tho....

#6 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:16 AM

I think this stuff is pretty ridiculous. I feel like most of the time, people can't get past someone's heritage or religion. Like that interview Fox did recently with Reza Aslan. The guy was obviously smart and knew his stuff, but was only asked questions about being a Muslim, and was even accused of hiding it from the media when he had stated it on the second page of his book.

And this kid, this is one of the One Direction kids, right? Like the guy's only, what, 17, and he's getting this kind of abuse. do people really think teen pop star is a terrorist? I don't like the music but he doesn't deserve that, man. I googled his name and all that comes up is this terrorist stuff and someone threw a tampon at him on stage. He's probably not at a high point in his life right now.

More and more I just wonder why we can't get over someone's race, heritage, or religion. I mean, I know there's always going to be some different, we're all a little racist in our own way, but does it have to come to extremes like this where we accuse people of planning to hurt us just because they have something irrelevant in common with those that did before? 

#7 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

It usually comes from patriots and nationalists who blindly follow demagogy and see their country through a rose tinted light. That's why I find the very idea of 'country' as detestable. In fairness though, the sort of people who categorise people by their gender; creed; religion; ethnicity etc, are short sighted twats who have the collective intelligence of an ice-cube. For that reason, I go some length to pity racists and the sort, because they're sad, lonely, angry people.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#8 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

I think this stuff is pretty ridiculous. I feel like most of the time, people can't get past someone's heritage or religion. Like that interview Fox did recently with Reza Aslan. The guy was obviously smart and knew his stuff, but was only asked questions about being a Muslim, and was even accused of hiding it from the media when he had stated it on the second page of his book.

And this kid, this is one of the One Direction kids, right? Like the guy's only, what, 17, and he's getting this kind of abuse. do people really think teen pop star is a terrorist? I don't like the music but he doesn't deserve that, man. I googled his name and all that comes up is this terrorist stuff and someone threw a tampon at him on stage. He's probably not at a high point in his life right now.

More and more I just wonder why we can't get over someone's race, heritage, or religion. I mean, I know there's always going to be some different, we're all a little racist in our own way, but does it have to come to extremes like this where we accuse people of planning to hurt us just because they have something irrelevant in common with those that did before? 

I think he's 21? I'm not too sure, I'm not really a fan of 1 Direction...... or am I?

I think what started off as a massive joke has turned into a bit of a media frenzy, and somehow, some people have taken this song WAYYY too literal and decided to abuse the shit out of him. I guess it's like how people used to mock Jewish people, since it is perceived as "fashionable" to do so, everybody jumps on the bandwagon..... bloody sheeple :S

I think it is pointless mocking someone's heritage or religion, heck, I have brown skin and people have a hard time guessing where I come from. When I was in America many people believed me to be a Latino and when I'm here in NZ, people believe me to be from Iran or Pakistan. LOL

But all of this bullshit surrounding this kid is fueled by the media, I think last year one of the other boys from the group was accused of sodomizing a married woman and even fathered her newborn child. LOL Some people are out for the attention.

It usually comes from patriots and nationalists who blindly follow demagogy and see their country through a rose tinted light. That's why I find the very idea of 'country' as detestable. In fairness though, the sort of people who categorise people by their gender; creed; religion; ethnicity etc, are short sighted twats who have the collective intelligence of an ice-cube. For that reason, I go some length to pity racists and the sort, because they're sad, lonely, angry people.

Very true. Racism is just a way people can belittle others to cover up their own insecurities. I must admit that NZ'er are racist towards Asians and Maori's LOL But it's not as predominant as it used to be.

Personally I'm not fazed by the color of anyones skin, heck, I'm brown and my father and brother both have green eyes and blonde hair LOL. But realistically I hate everybody EQUALLY!!!!!