4 replies to this topic

#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

I'm currently halfway through The Life and Death of Jim Morrison by Stephen Davis. Very interesting stories chronicling the rise and ultimate demise of the 60's Rock God/Sex Icon frontman from The Doors.

I'm enjoying this book simply because it paints a clear picture on what Jim Morrison was really like as a person. You really get to explore his life before fame and really get to know how unpleasant he was to be around when he was drunk.

I've also learnt that he was quite an articulate person with good morales, only tarnished by his alcoholism and self destructive tenancies.

I won't give away much but fuck it's awesome reading about how volatile, humble, seedy, caring, recluse, loving, insane, intelligent and awesome Jim really was.... 

Well that's what I'm reading... WBU's????

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I haven't read anything in months. Last thing I read tho, was the new Superman comic. The new 52.

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#3 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

My boyfriend let me borrow the first Morpheus Road book by DJ McHale. I really loved the PenDragon series and I wanted to try his new one. I haven't gotten around to starting it yet though, maybe do that tonight...

#4 HemoGoblin

HemoGoblin

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Last book was the Annotated Dragonlance Chronicles, unfortunately reading is has dropped off sharply in my life since I started college. 

1013385_10200951650460726_1725076785_n.j

#5 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

I'm interested in reading about my favorite bands and their crazy stories. Might read up on Led Zeppelin next. :) or The Who. I hear Keith Moon was really fucked up :)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuck, the, po-po