• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrnerdgasms

mrnerdgasms

Byte

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have always been a fan of comics and graphic novels. 

Unfortunately I began with V for vendetta, Watchmen, Y the last man, Top 10, and others that blew my mind. The problem I have found now is that others seem to wither in comparison to the greats!

I have recently downloaded Ultimate spiderman, ultimate x-men, Walking dead and spawn.

Am i heading in the right direction for great reading or am I missing out on some wonderful works of beauty and spellbinding writing in other comics/graphic novels? 

#2 monsterben

monsterben

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

In my opinion, you are definitely on the right track BUT my personal favorites are the Marvel and DC Gold and Silver Age comics. Though Watchmen and Walking Dead are fantastic, the older comics are great. You can't beat the classics. 

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

Silver age is quite good.

Here is a thought to wrinkle your brain a bit.

Someone who is five years old right this second and starts reading comics will probably think that the comics that are being produced today are classics that can't be beat.

So their version of classics that can't be beat will be astronomically different from ours.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 monsterben

monsterben

Byte

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

Silver age is quite good.

Here is a thought to wrinkle your brain a bit.

Someone who is five years old right this second and starts reading comics will probably think that the comics that are being produced today are classics that can't be beat.

So their version of classics that can't be beat will be astronomically different from ours.

I guess so...thank you, I have never though of it like that before.