19 replies to this topic

#1 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hey everyone! My user's Alterega, but my real name is Angela. I chose the username Alterega because if you meet me in reality, I'm an outgoing individual who wants to work as a business management consultant and listens to classy jazz music on a regular basis. But I feel like my comic book loving, videogamer, nerdophile me who wants to double major in graphic design and computer science and would rather ditch the lofty office for a game studio is my total alter ego! Mix in that I'm a girl and you get me, Alterega. *epic music plays!*

Let me introduce myself through a semi-picture guide through some of my stuff.

Let's enter through my bathroom (BECAUSE IT HAS AWESOME PAINTED DOORS)

1687a747-1f95-47fa-90fc-463a99a086df_zps

Door 1: ...Planets are so pretty. I love the idea of being a science genius (you know, those kids that wipe out all of those awards at science fairs ALL the time?? Those kids that program their own programs to do their homework??? OR PEOPLE THAT MAKE MARBLE CONTRAPTIONS!!), but sadly, that's not the case for me. Got my first B's in school because of Physics, and sciences (as much as I love them) just don't click in my head for me. I can dream like I'm a genius right? And pretend that F on Light diagrams was simply because of the incompetence of my physics teacher, right? Sigh.

6b97d415-f538-4555-a8df-617115cd8348_zps

Door 2: This describes where I want to be post-college time. I want to live in most (probably not all) of the major US cities and experience the essence of America through their culture. I've knocked 1 city down - sweet home Atlanta! I love the city life. Apartments all the way!

9396c2e8-cd0c-44cd-80a3-7e332d48b2f7_zps

Door 3: And this is my idea retirement. You can't really tell where this is, but let me tell you - I'm gonna retire in Florida like a smart grandma would. What's not to like about Florida? DID YOU KNOW that Florida residents that live near cruise ports get super-discounts on AMAZING rooms? If I'm seasick, I'd hop to Disney World and live in a fantasy with my annual pass. Creeped by Goofy? Then I'll just drift off to sea. There's a reason why so many old people retire in Florida...

c235087e-93bc-4e03-952e-36abb5da720b_zps

I have a mediocre sock collection... (working on it)

...But I am a collector of stickers and am proud of my collection! (Consists of 2000+ stickers)

It's guarded by a green pig you all may be familiar with (even though I suck at the game) and is kept safe in a plastic red briefcase. (classy, eh?)

754f946b-e1a8-4b2d-aa8d-1623431d5909_zps

a05b5fce-9960-4321-9cf9-c015335d0e76_zps

I LOVE to read. (Especially travelogues and mysteries. My favorite author is clearly depicted here.) Also pictured is my trusty red Kipling bag, passed down from my mother. It's 25 years old! 

3a9c304b-6cb9-4cb3-be97-7d69f39e17f1_zps

And lastly, this is my pencil case. I draw a lot (mainly cartoons, comics, people.. no fancy landscapes or nature), and as you can see this guy (you all may know where he's from ;D) has suffered a major yellow highlighter attack, as exemplified by his giant stain. 

b7bd8961-8711-4aee-bdb8-0f05c9204a1e_zps

Wow. This was a lot longer than I expected, but I guess... hi everyone! I hope you all know as much as you wanted to know about me.  :lol: Pleased to meet you all, and I hope to make some new friends! (if you trudged this far to read ALL of this, you're GOLDEN.) 

*humble bow*

^_^ 

"I'm in lesbians with you."

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Man, i read that, then I read your signature. That was exactly what was going through my head. Get in my bedroom.

But yes, welcome! You are so freaking cool, I love you already! Did you paint the doors yourself?

#3 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Welcome to the site! 

You've had one of our more interesting intro threads, and I'll be happy to see you around. :)

nmjUGDL.jpg

#4 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Greetings! ^_^

and welcome

Love the painted doors.

Because I can...

#5 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

So, when's our date?

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#6 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Hey everyone, thanks for the kind replies. I'm glad this actually got some views because it's as long as a tapeworm... *shudders*

I HATE TAPEWORMS

tapeworm.jpg

Disgusting creatures. Sorry if I ruined someone's dinner. I live in Eastern time, so I know at least one of you guys are eating dinner at this time...

#7 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

The thought of that thing smiling like a retard as it chomps through your intestines is the funniest thing I've thought of all day.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#8 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Welcome.

Now I feel like I let everyone down when I did my intro thread way back.

Now I need to perfect time travel and show you up before you ever get here...

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#9 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

The thought of that thing smiling like a retard as it chomps through your intestines is the funniest thing I've thought of all day.

Hoho, but Tiddley exists. He can be your friend today, if you drink out of the right puddle... your funniest thoughts can be a reality...

Welcome.

Now I feel like I let everyone down when I did my intro thread way back.

Now I need to perfect time travel and show you up before you ever get here...

Bring it on, Fray-Fray! I'd stalk the intros for your introductory post but considering you've had 2,448 posts, I feel like it's a futile deed...

#10 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Use the word futile well, functional ellipses, and goddamn it if she doesn't correctly use her commas. I might seriously be in lesbian with you. You'd better not be one of those people who post three things and vanish.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#11 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

Welcome to nerd forum! I also hope to major in computer science one day!

I'm fearful, I'm fearful, I'm fearful of flying, and flying is fearful of me.

#12 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

AtlantaGA_zpsa5d62bea.jpg

Hmm... so we have a fellow Georgia peach here, do we? 

You'd better not be one of those people who post three things and vanish.

No worries, I abandoned the Rock and Pop section on Yahoo!Answers (a formerly FANTASTIC community) because my questions were getting blocked so many times. What nuisances. I kept my friends on there via other sites, but it was time to move on.

Welcome to nerd forum! I also hope to major in computer science one day!

Thank you for the kind greeting! I'm going to be taking a programming class next year to see how I like Computer Science in the first place (never programmed in my life, going to learn Java and Python this year, hopefully...) before I decide to pursue it. All of that is going to ultimately determine where I'll go to college, so it's a big choice for me! 

#13 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Wow, if you leave after like, 20 posts, as lots of members do, you'll be the most underwhelming person in the world. XD

That being said, welcome to NF! Hope you enjoy your stay and make a lot of friends, e'ryone here is lovely.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

#14 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Thank you for the kind greeting! I'm going to be taking a programming class next year to see how I like Computer Science in the first place (never programmed in my life, going to learn Java and Python this year, hopefully...) before I decide to pursue it. All of that is going to ultimately determine where I'll go to college, so it's a big choice for me! 

Teehee, python is great. Java is a bit bloated, but yeah.

Just for the record, when you start python, don't use the default IDLE ide. It is buggy, crash prone, bloated and sometimes it won't even run the code propperly (it has a few issues with pygame, for example).

I reccomend an editor called sublime text 2. The free version is fine. Exactally the same as the full version, except with a "buy the pro version now" ad every 50 saves or so. Also, sublime can be used for almost any language you want, including java.

#15 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Teehee, python is great. Java is a bit bloated, but yeah.

Just for the record, when you start python, don't use the default IDLE ide. It is buggy, crash prone, bloated and sometimes it won't even run the code propperly (it has a few issues with pygame, for example).

I reccomend an editor called sublime text 2. The free version is fine. Exactally the same as the full version, except with a "buy the pro version now" ad every 50 saves or so. Also, sublime can be used for almost any language you want, including java.

Why, thank you for the kind advice! I can't guarantee I'll start Python within the next few weeks (I'm going to New York for an academic trip), but I will most definitely keep the advice in mind. Why, I might even bookmark this on my bookmarks bar! (that's when you know a site's REALLY special!)

By the way, I checked out your Nerd Forum Art Jam... is there a possibility that's still going on? I'm assuming it is, since it's still in your signature. I don't know if I want the prizes (I think someone else would put the Steam keys to better use than me) but I might enter in it for rec. What do you say?

#16 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

Why, thank you for the kind advice! I can't guarantee I'll start Python within the next few weeks (I'm going to New York for an academic trip), but I will most definitely keep the advice in mind. Why, I might even bookmark this on my bookmarks bar! (that's when you know a site's REALLY special!)

By the way, I checked out your Nerd Forum Art Jam... is there a possibility that's still going on? I'm assuming it is, since it's still in your signature. I don't know if I want the prizes (I think someone else would put the Steam keys to better use than me) but I might enter in it for rec. What do you say?

Yeah, its still going on. I was waiting to post again until I finish a logo, but yeah. We would love to have you participate ^_^

#17 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, its still going on. I was waiting to post again until I finish a logo, but yeah. We would love to have you participate

Working on it now, bud! :) 

#18 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Working on it now, bud! :) 

Oh, appologies :/

It has yet to start. How much have you done so far?

#19 Alterega

Alterega

Byte

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Oh, appologies :/

It has yet to start. How much have you done so far?

Oops! Did I start too fast?

No worries, if I did, then I really haven't done much. Just some character sketches right now. I haven't gotten into my final draft.

#20 DeadChannel

DeadChannel

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationNotlob

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:39 AM

okay. Good.

Once there is a date, we will announce it (likely soon). Before then, could you post in the topic ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intro, first post