• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RoyLeer

RoyLeer

Byte

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

There is a [snip] in the next week, and I want to cosplay Eren Jaeger.This will be my first time cosplaying and I got a few questions that might help me get started. 1. Where can I get the gray jacket for an affordable price? 2. What is a good concealer to use for dark circles around eyes? 3. For the crest on his jacket, would there be any other way to make that than having to sew/glue cut fabric together? Eren Jaeger / Equipment Thanks for any responses and I may have more questions later:D

#2 Silver_rose

Silver_rose

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 936 posts
  • LocationLoading...

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

1. Have you checked any Thrift stores?

2. Anything liquid concealer should help remove dark circles... unless you're talking about making them, then you need eye liner

3. Unless you paint it on, no, you'll have to sew or glue the crest onto the jacket

Because I can...

#3 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

I would agree that a thrift store would be your best bet for cheap source materials for building your outfit.

As for the emblem on the chest, I happen to run an etsy shop that offers custom patch creation.

I have done quite a few cosplay patches and from what I see the emblem you need isn't tough to do.

It isn't super cheap to have me make a custom patch, but my work adds undeniable quality to a costume.

For what you need for that custume, the overall price would be about $30, plus whatever shipping is.

$20 digitizing fee, and judging by the size in that picture the patch itself would be $10 I think.

If I read correctly, and you need your costume done by next week, I am not so sure I could mail to you that quickly without spending more money on next day delivery or something. The link to my shop is in my signature.

Just food for thought of course.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#4 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

I'm really starting to wonder if this guy is a spammer, he's made two other topics with the same topic and link, and he's posted similar threads on many other websites, all of them get deleted.

#5 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

Egads, Kitty, you've cracked the case! Did you just happen to see him on other sites or did you actively search for him? I really, really hope it's the latter. I want you to be an internet detective so bad.

I checked his post history on here, and only here, cuz I'm not a stalker like Kitty. He's said a few other things on a few other threads. Simple stuff, so either he's a spammer trying to legitimize himself, or he's just shy. OP, deliver. Or don't and we'll draw rash conclusions based on your lack of talking. Either way, cheers, and good luck with the cosplay.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#6 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Egads, Kitty, you've cracked the case! Did you just happen to see him on other sites or did you actively search for him? I really, really hope it's the latter. I want you to be an internet detective so bad.

I checked his post history on here, and only here, cuz I'm not a stalker like Kitty. He's said a few other things on a few other threads. Simple stuff, so either he's a spammer trying to legitimize himself, or he's just shy. OP, deliver. Or don't and we'll draw rash conclusions based on your lack of talking. Either way, cheers, and good luck with the cosplay.

Ahahah not really. I gave him some help on the first topic he made and I happened to find all his threads in other forums when I was searching for who Storm was. Either he really likes xcosplay and Attack on Titan and like you said, shy, or he's a spammer.

#7 Elvabeby

Elvabeby

Byte

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

Good luck for you!