6 replies to this topic

#1 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Greetings. I'm Harrison, more commonly known as Harry. I'm 18 and about to become a university student (hopefully). I'm reasonably friendly, I think.

I currently live in the North East of England but if all goes to plan on results day I'll be moving to North Wales in September.

I'm interested in a lot of things. I love books. Everything from literary classics to TV spin offs, although my favourite genre is science fiction. I'm currently reading Forged in Fire, one of the Star Trek Excelsior books, and I'm re reading the Lord of the Rings. I game on the PC and the DS and I'm currently playing Oblivion and Pokemon White respectively. I'm a massive Skyrim fan as you can probably tell by my username. Some of my other favourite games are Just Cause 2, Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War and Civilisations IV. Some of my favourite TV shows are Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek Voyager, Adventure Time, Hannibal, CSI and CSI New York. I watch a lot of movies and a couple of my favourites are V for Vendetta and This is Spinal Tap.

I'm reasonably good at maths (I took it at A level) and I'm really interested in science (especially physics and astrophysics).

I'm also a writer, currently doing some culture journalism and working on a fantasy novel. I have done a lot of fanfiction in the past.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. The important bits anyway. Anything else you want to know, just ask. I may or may not answer. ;)

Live Long And Prosper

Fus Roh Dah!

#2 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

Welcome.

Your interests and skills line up very consistently with most folk around here, so you should have no shortage of things to read and discuss.

Your avatar is nearly exactly what a user from my old forum used...

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Hello, I love you, won't you tell me your name?

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#4 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Welcome sir.

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#5 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Hiya!  Have you posted any of your writing online yet?  I'd be interested in reading it! =)

#6 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Welcome to the site!

nmjUGDL.jpg

#7 Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Bit

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Hiya!  Have you posted any of your writing online yet?  I'd be interested in reading it! =)

I've posted some, mainly fanfiction. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2393944/

The better stuff either isn't online or is somewhere else I can't remember right now... Wow, I'm organised. xD

Live Long And Prosper

Fus Roh Dah!