#1 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

I would just have way too much cool stuff around:

And some more Raspberry Pi projects from Lifehacker readers: http://lifehacker.co...oject-600849108

Any cool nerdy stuff you have lying around? It doesn't have to be Raspberry Pi related, just projects or cool things you've collected.

#2 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I want one.

no.

I want to build something similar.

instead of the normal Vesa mount, have a larger TV that slides under the table when not in use. so when it slides out it also tilts up to be at a good angle from the couch/chair/whatever.

oh there's so many things I could do with my own house.

5A5DjRW.gif

#3 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

hahahaha, that's freaking awesome.

When I get my own place I'm looking to set up a home aquaponics system, possibly with a modular design for scalability.   I think aquaponics has a lot of potential in urban situations, particularly with solving the "food desert problem," and I'd like to test my own theories on that front.  Not enough space in our current apartment now, so I have to wait until we've got a house of our own (which should hopefully be soon!).

#4 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

When I get my own place I want to grow my next flat mates to pay the rent. ;)

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#5 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

me and my friend are constructing a retrogaming room. With an Old fat-tv, SNES, NES, SEGA, SEGA master system, PS1, Ps2, Xbox... well all of them. Old ugly couch, and some cool stuff. Just got half finish then we started playing and drink beer instead, 20 beers later a link to the past was done! What an awesome game btw.

#6 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

me and my friend are constructing a retrogaming room. With an Old fat-tv, SNES, NES, SEGA, SEGA master system, PS1, Ps2, Xbox... well all of them. Old ugly couch, and some cool stuff. Just got half finish then we started playing and drink beer instead, 20 beers later a link to the past was done! What an awesome game btw.

A Link to the Past was the best Zelda game.  Period.  Anyone who disagrees will be settling it with fisticuffs.

#7 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

A Link to the Past was the best Zelda game.  Period.  Anyone who disagrees will be settling it with fisticuffs.

Kindred spirits you and I.

Kindred spirits.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#8 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

*puts on brawling gloves*

Wind Waker is where it's at. But IMO, for its time, Link's Awakening was /the best/ game period.

* takes off gloves and hides in the corner*

#9 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Never owned a gamecube.

I stopped my Nintendo console adventure at N64 and never looked back.

I played both systems a fair bit, bit could never get over the controls.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#10 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Gamecube was kinda a niche console. It was great, and had fun exclusives, but it was out-shined by the ps2 and [to an extent] xbox. If possible, I would download the Dolphin emulator and give Wind Waker a shot; think OoT with an actual story and a relaxing sailing mechanic that paced the game perfectly. It was bright, it had personality, and the main characters were so likable, a far cry from the Zelda games after it [I'm lookin at you, Twilight Princess]

I loved the Gamecube's controller though. The buttons are configured for human fingers and the control stick has a perfect deadzone. Compared to the Ps2's dual analogs with /no/ deadzone and the xbox's... whatever you wanna call that monster, the Gamecube definitely had the best controls IMO.

The N64 controller was fictitiously bad though. Not sure if it was meant to be a gimmick or some cruel type of DRM, but I always hated gaming with an N64 controller.

#11 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Windwaker is indeed also my favourite.

And my brother and I want to turn a junk room in our house into a 50's style living room.

#12 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess tie for my second favorite Zelda games, because I feel like they both manage to embody half of what A Link to the Past was.  Ocarina of Time is third, for being a really awesome LTTP clone.

#13 Diabolical_Jazz

Diabolical_Jazz

Gigabyte

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

Alright. I guess we'd better fight.

I know I don't stand a chance, here, but I must do what I can to uphold the honor of Link's Awakening and Ocarina of Time.

Anyway, that thing is cool, but it actually just made me think... wouldn't it be even cooler to just get a bunch of plywood, a raspi, an arcade-style controller with a usb connection, and basically set up the same thing but make it look like an old arcade machine?
You could paint the plywood with old nintendo images when you were done.

I don't think he needs to be immortal. I think all he needs to do is to write the right story. Because some stories do live forever.

#14 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

I have a standstill between the legend of Zelda and a link to the past. Link to the past, may be better, but the first on the NES was the first I played and it just give me such a nostalgia. Ah heck I agree with you a link to the past is the best game ever on Nintendo.

#15 HemoGoblin

HemoGoblin

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

I have never completed a Zelda game. I gave Link to the Past a shot once or twice, could not generate a fuck, switched off and went back to Super Star Wars and Killer Instinct.

1013385_10200951650460726_1725076785_n.j

#16 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have a standstill between the legend of Zelda and a link to the past. Link to the past, may be better, but the first on the NES was the first I played and it just give me such a nostalgia. Ah heck I agree with you a link to the past is the best game ever on Nintendo.

I think nostalgia is the reason that people love The Legend of Zelda so much, as many played it as a child. Playing it years later gives you all the feels.

#17 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

When you get your own pad..... WALK AROUND IN THE NUDE!!!!

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???