Photo

DO YOU GUYS KEEP IN CONTACT WITH YOUR EX'S?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

My ex girlfriend tried to add me on Facebook today....

Haven't seen or spoken to her since October 2010.....

I find this really awkward since our break up was pretty messy....

Took me about 6 months to get over her, but I moved on. 

Do you guys ever keep in contact with your ex's?

I think it's a bad idea personally, especially since my current g.f is overprotective and all....

What do you guys think?

THE HELL YOU READING FOOL???

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

My first ex was hard to avoid, we were both in the same circle of friends in high school, and he was dating my best friend's sister. I felt awful for about 6 months, and he felt awful because he knew he hurt me. Eventually we both got over it, we talk on facebook sometimes.

I dated a guy over the summer once, online. When I broke up with him, it got messy because he kept telling me how awful he felt, but refused to cut contact because he wanted me there to talk to, begged me to stay even if it hurt me. One day, I cut contact for him, he freaked out, started stalking me online, sending emails, one with a threat to kill himself. He did give up eventually. Yeah, never dating online again.

I guess it depends on how both of you take the breakup. I personally think cutting contact is the only way to get over it. 

#3 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

My first ex was hard to avoid, we were both in the same circle of friends in high school, and he was dating my best friend's sister. I felt awful for about 6 months, and he felt awful because he knew he hurt me. Eventually we both got over it, we talk on facebook sometimes.

I dated a guy over the summer once, online. When I broke up with him, it got messy because he kept telling me how awful he felt, but refused to cut contact because he wanted me there to talk to, begged me to stay even if it hurt me. One day, I cut contact for him, he freaked out, started stalking me online, sending emails, one with a threat to kill himself. He did give up eventually. Yeah, never dating online again.

I guess it depends on how both of you take the breakup. I personally think cutting contact is the only way to get over it. 

I agree, cutting all contact would prevent any long lost feelings from resurfacing, good or bad.

Mind you, she was the one who dumped me :S I was pretty bitter for awhile, but in the end it worked out for the best :)

TBH I'm not really interested in knowing what she's up to. I don't dwell on the past, I only look forward to the future!!!

#4 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

TBH I'm not really interested in knowing what she's up to. I don't dwell on the past, I only look forward to the future!!!

Good man!

I keep in contact but that is because I have only had one messy... breakup, if you would even call it that. My ExGFs are rather nice people and we get along quite well as friends. At least on my side we do, I don't know if they harbour any ill feelings or anything like that, one specifically that I am thinking of asks me for relationship advice all the time.

#5 Guest_ElatedOwl_*

Guest_ElatedOwl_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:48 AM

It really depends on the person. I think I do a pretty good job of not being embittered by breakups but there's some people I just have zero desire to associate with after at all (ie, the ones where you go "what was I thinking").

Outside of that, sure. We dated for a reason in the first place so why spoil a friendship over nothing?

#6 idk

idk

Terabyte

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I don't, but they both treated me horribly, so it kind of speaks for itself why I removed them from my life completely. I blocked them both on any major social media networks or other places we'd use for contact so they cannot easily harass me later in life. 

5A5DjRW.gif

#7 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:49 AM

After 4 months of not talking to my ex, he suddenly contacted me again, saying that he wanted to start all over. Of course I rejected him, but I tried being friends with him again, but he was too clingy and annoying so I cut ties.

It's been about..  4 months as well since I last spoke to him, or more. Dunno. He's the only person I've ever been in a relationship with so no. I don't keep in contact with my ex. 

That relationship was shitty and a mess; haven't fallen in love ever since. Wait, what's love again? 

Anyways, I don't think it's such a bad thing to keep in touch with your exes, because sometimes you can return to being good friends, I've seen it happen. Specially when it's a divorced couple with children. Like my grandparents. But that's marriage, and it's a bit different I guess. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

あ な た を 信 じ て い る 私 を 信 じ て 

#8 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I dont know if it is really possible to go back to the original friendship one may have shared with an ex. I try and keep as far away as possible from mine, which is hard being in the same year...and school.

#9 The Robstar

The Robstar

Man Child

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

The most successful people who remain friends are those who have had children together. They share responsibilities and are able to coexist for the benefit of their youngins.

That's not the case for some people who use their children as weapons,,,.. damn....

But I don't know if things can go back to the way they we're. I mean you've probably seen that person naked, exposed secrets you've never told anyone..... not even to your closest of friends....

So if the puzzle don't fit, don't force it. 

Take the experiences gained and utilize it to better your next relationship.

#10 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Take the experiences gained and utilize it to better your next relationship.

I have learned from my mistakes but now it is too hard for me to get a girlfriend. I've become too close with almost every girl in my year

#11 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

I have learned from my mistakes but now it is too hard for me to get a girlfriend. I've become too close with almost every girl in my year

Wife them. Wife them all.

Zi9JkgO.gif

#12 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

that's over 100 rings. They'll have to be haribo.

#13 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

that's over 100 rings. They'll have to be haribo.

Life's not easy. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

#14 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

If only I were a cat.

#15 twa

twa

The Actual Administrator

• Members
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

You could always marry Willow. 

Zi9JkgO.gif

#16 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hmmm. She would wear the trousers in that relationship.

#17 Benihime

Benihime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • LocationDee. Eff. Dub.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

My ex girlfriend tried to add me on Facebook today....

Haven't seen or spoken to her since October 2010.....

I find this really awkward since our break up was pretty messy....

Took me about 6 months to get over her, but I moved on. 

Do you guys ever keep in contact with your ex's?

I think it's a bad idea personally, especially since my current g.f is overprotective and all....

What do you guys think?

No. It's a very bad idea.
image-54.jpg

#18 LittleLioness

LittleLioness

Byte

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

I broke up with my boyfriend over half a year ago (not a bad-bad break up, though a break up is never hppy I guess), and there has been no contact. I saw him once at a thing and he greeted me all formal and stuff and I was really confused because he actually was the one who broke all contact (don't blame him for that). I actually really enjoy not being in touch with him anymore and I don't miss him or the contact at all.

What really annoys me though was that he kept asking our common friends how I was doing. He still does it now even though he has a new girlfriend and we have had zero contact. I mean, my friends keep asking me how I am doing because he asked them, and I don't understand why he wants to know. I'm still doing great, but it feels as if he just wants to hear from them that I am now a miserable heap of a person because I broke up with him or something.

So imo I wouldn't keep in touch. If you haven't missed it before, what could it bring now?

#19 MrSandman

MrSandman

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Yeah, sometimes. It depends. I still cut my hair at my ex. But we have a good friendly connection, so no hard feelings there. The other day I hide myself in the grocery store, to avoid an ex. But she said hi just when I was about to leave the store, kinda embaressing. How are you and all that crap.