• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

Sonic is the reason final smashes are banned in tournaments. Ikes FS is pretty good also because it can kill at really low percentages in a 1v1 situation since it recentres the character so on stages with a high middle area like Battlefield it can be used to kill quite well. Its like Metaknights up throw, if used when the smashville platform is above the throw or under the middle platform in battlefield it can shave 20% off the needed kill %. My favourite final smash though is jiggly puff for this reason.

#22 The Seldom Seen Kid

The Seldom Seen Kid

Seldom Seen

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

I forget Sonic's final smash

#23 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

If you are interested the boards link is http://smashboards.com

There are likely to be tournaments in your area. I am not a member though, any tournaments I attend are through my brother since we prefer he was with an adult when attending things related to the internet and which I also advise you do if you are a child.

It has boards related to each character specifying their frame advantages/disadvantages, their match up charts, where they place on the tier list, tournament rules and all that jazz.

#24 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:08 AM

So I got a tournament tomorrow... Lets hope I can place well! :-D

#25 DaRatmastah

DaRatmastah

Captain Overexcited Cyclops

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Good luck at the tournament, dude!

#26 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

Didn't end up going, my step father totaled my car... so that will be in the shop until thursday...

#27 Fox The Cat

Fox The Cat

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationEmerald Hill

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Damn step fathers.

you innocent... fucking... fox... 

#28 Wolf

Wolf

Zettabyte

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Anyone watch the SSBM tourney at Evo? It was /great/, the players were top tier, some of the best in the world.

I really enjoyed watching Wobblez doing his namesake Wobbles with Ice Climbers, it was intense :lol:

I'm definitely more of a SSBM man, the smaller roster and tighter combat really makes the game about execution and matchup knowledge, especially when playing against players that good.

#29 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Although I agree that melee is faster and more intense. I find it hard to get into a game that even at a competitive level people SD at least once a game. :-/

Some of the things you can do in melee are pretty intense though, I remember it was a tournament game Mojo or Mofo vs Hax where ness thunder jacketed and it pretty much guaranteed the game funny to watch the other person try to not touch the ness.

I also find it silly that 90% of games in melee are played with 4 characters in the top tier (Fox, Falco, jigglypuff and sheik... and usually a marth or Cpt Falcon) In brawl though we have had winners from all the way to bottom tier since Lucas just recently won Xanadu (Small competition but it was against pinkfresh and logic, which is top lucas verse one of the top olimars) If you go to norway their finals have ganondorf verse ganondorf and he is bottom of everything. In major competitions I guess you have only as low as high tier winning (ZSS - Salem, Nick riddle et cetera) still I see more versatility in SSBB than in SSBM.

In Japan you have Pit and fox in high tier and they win from time to time. Everything in Japan is better though so... yeah.

#30 SpleenBeGone

SpleenBeGone

Deer Leader of the Goriest Revolution

• Administrators
  • 14,951 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

My friends and I used to play this a ton on the 64 and gameboy. That and Perfect Dark were our go-to multiplayer games. 

nmjUGDL.jpg

#31 SIlhouette

SIlhouette

Megabyte

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

Ours were SB and Goldeneye...

Tried playing goldeneye recently, got damn the aiming system is so stupid. I dont know how we did it when we were younger.

#32 Mister Sympa

Mister Sympa

Ascended Prophet

• Moderators
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationUSA, Earth, Milky Way

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

I really enjoyed watching Wobblez doing his namesake Wobbles with Ice Climbers, it was intense :lol:

THIS is why I hate Jigglypuff. "If she's not dead, she's going to make it back to the stage!"

JUST DIE ALREADY

I think I just found a new hobby....

tumblr_ojjqahjSmc1rtecnto2_400.gif

#33 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

I would love this thread to come back to life. Now knowing ssb4 is coming out for 3ds on october 3rd and later to WiiU around winter time I am hyped. Something that has changed the most is Fox and Marth were nerfed way to much. Like Fox and Marth wont be seen competitively in this game probably. Ken the best Marth player in the world basically said he sucked and said Little Mac Might become one of the new top tier characters. Also new techniques will come forward considering that L cancel is already in the game so basically you don need to L cancel anymore. Also they have removed wave dashing completely. To make up for this they mad rolls much much faster. 

I would also love to know how many people are actually competitive about this game because I have some good knowledge on the subject.

#34 Bloodangel

Bloodangel

Kilobyte

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Don't know if anyone has heard but theres going to be a Smash Bros Tournament at San Diego Comic-Con

How I Feel When People I Hate Have A Miserable Day

5pZjHAx.gif      200.gif

#35 gigatime

gigatime

Megabyte

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Don't know if anyone has heard but theres going to be a Smash Bros Tournament at San Diego Comic-Con

Yep accept for ther 3ds... If you want to see a wii u tournament its Right here: