6 replies to this topic

#1 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

State of Decay is a zombie survival game that just came out for the 360 arcade. Unlike Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising, fighting zombies isn't the main objective, survival is. Like to find food for your group, you have to sneak around herds of zombies, creep into the Quicky Mart, and search through the shelves for Twinkies. (Twinkies are an item, BTW)

The game is fun as hell, full of moments where my friends and I squeal like little girls and yell, 'Run to the car, RUN TO THE CAR!' Gunfire attracts the undead, so melee weapons are usually the safe bet. Lots of references to zombie movies and games and comics. See:CS5yR9G.jpg

It's a bit buggy, but an update is coming soon to fix some problems. Multiplier too. This game screams 'Co-op' and yet, none. 

Think Walking Dead. Small country town overrun with the dead. Big cities are dangerous; wide fields of wheat are lonely, but safe.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#2 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

I want it. But the fact it's Xbox-only bums me out.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#3 No-Danico

No-Danico

Danger Zone

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationGA, USA

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Not exclusive, PC version is in the works. Should be a better, bug-free version, too.

ElectricSevereKatydid.gif

My first novel, Seeds of Magic- Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony Store

#4 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

I got it a few days ago.

It is buggy at times, zombies arms stick through walls, appear underhouses with their heads sticking throug the floor, but overall the immersion in to the world makes these little hiccups tolerable.

I really hope they get around to making it a co-op experience, it makes too much sense to not do.

I love how it pushes survival instead of bashing zombies.

Gather resources, advance your character's skills and your home base, set up safe houses and help out neighbouring survivors in their own fortified homes.

All round pretty enthralling.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#5 Bowsette

Bowsette

Tentacular!

• Members
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Tbh it sounds like a slightly more RPGish, non-FPS version of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. o_o Which is actually really cool.

LL1Yc5i.gif

“Shimatta! Bare… nan no koto kashira?”

#6 Affray

Affray

Knower of things

• Members
  • 5,753 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Tbh it sounds like a slightly more RPGish, non-FPS version of The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct. o_o Which is actually really cool.

Reviewers have compared it to that game more than once.

It is perfectly acceptable to fear and admire a being you could not possibly understand.

#7 Calvary

Calvary

Conceptual

• Members
  • 6,624 posts
  • Locationwww.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

I really suggest you pick it up, it's not massively expensive and it's really, really fun. You can pretty much do whatever you want and you don't have to do any of the main quest so if you'd rather just roam around by yourself you can, or you can gather a huge group. It's very good.

tumblr_om7nwjm5Wm1rsea1wo1_500.gif
Ask for my discord/Insta/Tumblr if you want.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zombie