#1 CyberTetsuo

CyberTetsuo

Byte

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUSA,The South

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

deleted

"how do you kill that which has no life?"-South Park Make Love not Warcraft episode

#2 SushiKitten

SushiKitten

Coffee Cat

• Members
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Here are some shows I recommend;

-Steins;Gate: starts off as a slice of life type, then quickly branches off from that. Really good time travel sci-fi. 

-Cowboy Bebop: great space-western series

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: This one takes a while to get, they don't tell you what's going on. By the second season, it really pulls together and makes a great horror anime.

-Great Teacher Onizuka: an ex-gang leader is now a school teacher, helps students, hilarity ensues. This one is great.

-Madoka Magica: Great magical girl anime with a dark twist.

-Welcome to the NHK: A shut-in and a high school girl trying to help him. Really funny.

And here's a couple films I adore;

-Paprika, Perfect Blue: both horror-ish anime films by the same director, Perfect Blue more so. Both leave you thinking about their subject though though.

-Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Summer Wars is a really cool concept. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is basically an instant classic, I definitely recommend you try it.

Anything by Studio Ghibli, like Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Totoro, etc.